IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-15, 04:38 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamessinh
After buying oem products from Arrowhead over the years, i am allow to be **** when they give me the run around. My whole point is too warn people when dealing with them. There's no crying here since i win hands down talking to Lexus corporate office. The whole point is that it shouln't have to take me to call corporate when they should honor their products and workmanship.
Which... in essence, is complaining about the dealership

Anyways, thank you for black listing them out so other members would not have to go through this kind of pain and good luck to you finding a better dealer.
Old 01-26-15, 04:52 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Lexus has nothing to deal with battery nor lightbulb warranty.

When I replace my battery, Interstate warranty the item, not Lexus. When I buy the lightbulbs, the place that sold me warranty it, not Lexus.
Just for the record, here is a picture of my battery

Old 01-26-15, 10:37 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

If you have a Lexus battery, it will be replaced under warranty. I have my battery replaced 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years under warranty without charge from the dealership. Once it was replaced without me asking about it (didn't know it was an issue though the car did delay start a little) because the tech tested the battery when I did an oil change there.
Old 01-26-15, 11:17 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise
If you have a Lexus battery, it will be replaced under warranty. I have my battery replaced 2 or 3 times in the last 4 years under warranty without charge from the dealership. Once it was replaced without me asking about it (didn't know it was an issue though the car did delay start a little) because the tech tested the battery when I did an oil change there.
It should be without problems at any Lexus dealerships which is the point I am trying to express. Arrowhead have been giving me the run around the last couple of times in which I had to call corporate the to get a replacement. It was after my call that Arrowhead Lexus decided to replace my battery under warranty. Because of these bad experience over the years, I have had it with them.

Thank you for confirming the fact that Lexus does have a warranty on their battery. ****ty dealers like Arrowhead/Bell Lexus should get their act together and treat their customers right.
Old 01-27-15, 09:48 AM
Xtom73G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus should not permit this sort of behavior from any authorized dealer. OK, sometimes a specific customer can be very difficult, but a strong Service Adviser should have the people skills to calm the situation and avoid any lasting negative issues. Lexus is a luxury brand, and if a dealer doesn't understand what that means, they should be dropped from representing Lexus. And, by the way, I'm pretty sure we do have a "Lemon Law" here in Arizona, because a lemon can happen.
Old 01-27-15, 11:30 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I stand correct as my previous post. Battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty, even the bumper to bumper warranty. I also called my service adviser in CA Lexus dealer, they confirm that battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty.

I also have warranty on my cars (100k miles/7 years) and I read the policy carefully. Again, you are either misinformed or wrong.

According to Lexus warranty policy here on their official website:
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/wa...tml#exclusions

The following components are specifically excluded from coverage under the Lexus Certified Limited Warranty:

Standard Upkeep Items:
accessory drive belts, batteries, filters, fluids, heating and vacuum hoses, lines and tubes, tires, spark plugs, windshield wiper blades (rubber component).

Wear and Tear:
Examples include brake pads, rotors, shoes and drums and manual clutches.

Body and Interior:
bumpers, carpet, chrome, dash cover and pad, door trim, handles, fabric, glass (including windshield), headliner, hinges, interior and exterior trim and moldings, cupholders, ashtrays, covers and vents, lightbulbs, nuts, bolts, clips, retainers and fasteners, paint, rust and corrosion damage, seat covers, shiny metals, weather stripping.

Accessories:
any non-Lexus accessories or modified components, including but not limited to wheels, radar detectors and cellular phones.

Other:
any component which has not failed, but that a repair facility recommends or requires to be replaced, repaired or adjusted.
If you are going to cite the new car warranty, you should cite the one which applies…
http://www.lexus.com/warranty
Old 01-27-15, 12:30 PM
DKIS350
Rookie

What was the reasoning for not covering the battery? Im sure they didnt just say No, and send you on your way. I'm wondering what kind of crap excuse they use. Factory batteries should be pro-rated after the first year. First year 100% covered, after that you pay a percentage based on a formula created by Lexus based off of the purchase/install date.

Last edited by DKIS350; 01-27-15 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-27-15, 06:02 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtom73G
sometimes a specific customer can be very difficult
Fine. I'll say it.

^^^^^^THIS IS WHAT I AM GUESSING IS THE MISSING COMPONENT OF THE OP's "story."

Sorry dude...if you treat people like *******s....you can't expect them to bend over backwards to help you.

I've had warranty work and ALL scheduled maintenance done at Lexus of Portland, Lexus of Omaha, Bell Lexus, and Lexus of Chandler. I've put my 120,000 miles on my Lexus, had ALL services at those dealers, and have NEVER been treated anything less than 5 stars.

I think you should use this experience as a lesson to understand how you approach people in life and make adjustments accordingly. You'd be surprised with what a positive attitude and smile can do to people.
Old 01-28-15, 10:28 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
Fine. I'll say it.

^^^^^^THIS IS WHAT I AM GUESSING IS THE MISSING COMPONENT OF THE OP's "story."

Sorry dude...if you treat people like *******s....you can't expect them to bend over backwards to help you.

I've had warranty work and ALL scheduled maintenance done at Lexus of Portland, Lexus of Omaha, Bell Lexus, and Lexus of Chandler. I've put my 120,000 miles on my Lexus, had ALL services at those dealers, and have NEVER been treated anything less than 5 stars.

I think you should use this experience as a lesson to understand how you approach people in life and make adjustments accordingly. You'd be surprised with what a positive attitude and smile can do to people.
Well put!

Advisers at Lexus dealership are still people like us. Approach them with positive attitude, and explain the situations nicely rather than complaining and complaining and bring it up to corporate and all that is just putting fire against fire.

I never have any issue with my local Southern CA Lexus dealerships. Longo Lexus, for example, treat me with 5 stars services every time I visit them for many years. They sometimes even do more than I asked such as having a master lead technician diagnose the car after all other diagnosis to ensure it is completely fine and I'm completely satisfied before I take back the car. They know I baby my car so much and they baby the service for my cars too.
Old 01-28-15, 10:36 AM
POZEST
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Xtom73G
Lexus should not permit this sort of behavior from any authorized dealer. OK, sometimes a specific customer can be very difficult, but a strong Service Adviser should have the people skills to calm the situation and avoid any lasting negative issues. Lexus is a luxury brand, and if a dealer doesn't understand what that means, they should be dropped from representing Lexus.
Well Said.
Old 01-29-15, 09:02 AM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that a bad attitude will make or break an experience. But it does go both ways with the customer and the dealer. I am generally a pretty chill guy but I know when I am getting taken advantage of and will step up when I need to. Few years ago I went in for a brake pad recall at my local Lexus dealer (South Bay Lexus). When I went to pick it up they charged me $180 to turn the rotors without ever warning me. I tried to discuss this with the service manager and he basically just put his foot down and said I had to pay it to get my car back. He was an a-hole and I layed into him because of it. By the time I left we both looked like real a-holes. Due to this I did not return to the dealer for 3 year. Went in recently and got a great service manager. He let me know some things that needed done. Told me some were covered by warranty and did not try to pull the rug over my head. Because of this I actually spent money to get stuff there and will go back. Really doesn't seem that hard to make customers happy. The worst thing a dealer can do is blatantly take advantage of a customer.
Old 02-12-15, 06:52 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Man, I just had my car there for warranty work and me being extremely embarrassed about it is an UNDERSTATEMENT. And all of you saying the OP is missing stuff from his story might be grossly mistaken. I had my car in there and just reviewed my dash cam footage, I am composing a video to send to the owner as we speak. Don't think you being banned from the dealer is a curse, that may very well be a blessing in disguise. I was furious after reviewing my footage, and a part of me wants to post it and let the world see how they treat customers behind their backs and what goes on away from the public eye, but I will keep it under wraps until I get ahold of the owner. Sorry to hear about your troubles OP, apparently this practice is all to common at this dealer.
Old 02-13-15, 12:45 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

It would be funny if they ban you.