IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-15, 09:05 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
I wasn't questioning the veracity of the OP's claim of being "banned" from the Lexus dealer.

In many aspects of life, with this much extremity from one person's point of view, there are typically some elements missing in the story. That's all I'm saying.
There's nothing missing. I simply did not have time to tell 13 years history of dealing with these dealership.
Old 01-25-15, 09:16 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by jamessinh
There's nothing missing. I simply did not have time to tell 13 years history of dealing with these dealership.
Well just be thankful you live in an area with MANY Lexus dealers.

Might I recommend Lexus of Chandler.
Old 01-26-15, 12:28 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought battery and bulbs are wear and tear items and should not be warrantied. On top of that, you also know that the heat kills the battery every 2 years because of the non-controllable factor of Arizona heat, not the fault of the battery. That alone should not be the reason to honor the warranty. I think you are asking too much especially on wear and tear items. They should have nothing to deal with that except good will.
Old 01-26-15, 02:13 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I thought battery and bulbs are wear and tear items and should not be warrantied. On top of that, you also know that the heat kills the battery every 2 years because of the non-controllable factor of Arizona heat, not the fault of the battery. That alone should not be the reason to honor the warranty. I think you are asking too much especially on wear and tear items. They should have nothing to deal with that except good will.
You thought wrong. You think the 84 months warranty label on the battery is for good looks? What justify a Lexus car battery to cost over $200 while one can pick one up at Wally World for say $100 or less. When you sell an item and advertise the warranty, expect to fulfill the warranty. So the melting dash issue is also wear and tear for people in the hot climates? Well Lexus should have put in a clause warning so. You should open up your hood and look around for other labels that was put there for good looks. Lol
Old 01-26-15, 03:51 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

You thought wrong. You think the 84 months warranty label on the battery is for good looks? What justify a Lexus car battery to cost over $200 while one can pick one up at Wally World for say $100 or less. When you sell an item and advertise the warranty, expect to fulfill the warranty. So the melting dash issue is also wear and tear for people in the hot climates? Well Lexus should have put in a clause warning so. You should open up your hood and look around for other labels that was put there for good looks. Lol
I stand correct as my previous post. Battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty, even the bumper to bumper warranty. I also called my service adviser in CA Lexus dealer, they confirm that battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty.

I also have warranty on my cars (100k miles/7 years) and I read the policy carefully. Again, you are either misinformed or wrong.

According to Lexus warranty policy here on their official website:
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/wa...tml#exclusions

The following components are specifically excluded from coverage under the Lexus Certified Limited Warranty:

Standard Upkeep Items:
accessory drive belts, batteries, filters, fluids, heating and vacuum hoses, lines and tubes, tires, spark plugs, windshield wiper blades (rubber component).

Wear and Tear:
Examples include brake pads, rotors, shoes and drums and manual clutches.

Body and Interior:
bumpers, carpet, chrome, dash cover and pad, door trim, handles, fabric, glass (including windshield), headliner, hinges, interior and exterior trim and moldings, cupholders, ashtrays, covers and vents, lightbulbs, nuts, bolts, clips, retainers and fasteners, paint, rust and corrosion damage, seat covers, shiny metals, weather stripping.

Accessories:
any non-Lexus accessories or modified components, including but not limited to wheels, radar detectors and cellular phones.

Other:
any component which has not failed, but that a repair facility recommends or requires to be replaced, repaired or adjusted.
Old 01-26-15, 03:54 PM
jamessinh
Driver

I stand correct as my previous post. Battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty, even the bumper to bumper warranty. I also called my service adviser in CA Lexus dealer, they confirm that battery and lightbulbs are NOT covered in warranty.

I also have warranty on my cars (100k miles/7 years) and I read the policy carefully. Again, you are either misinformed or wrong.

According to Lexus warranty policy here on their official website:
http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/wa...tml#exclusions

The following components are specifically excluded from coverage under the Lexus Certified Limited Warranty:

Standard Upkeep Items:
accessory drive belts, batteries, filters, fluids, heating and vacuum hoses, lines and tubes, tires, spark plugs, windshield wiper blades (rubber component).

Wear and Tear:
Examples include brake pads, rotors, shoes and drums and manual clutches.

Body and Interior:
bumpers, carpet, chrome, dash cover and pad, door trim, handles, fabric, glass (including windshield), headliner, hinges, interior and exterior trim and moldings, cupholders, ashtrays, covers and vents, lightbulbs, nuts, bolts, clips, retainers and fasteners, paint, rust and corrosion damage, seat covers, shiny metals, weather stripping.

Accessories:
any non-Lexus accessories or modified components, including but not limited to wheels, radar detectors and cellular phones.

Other:
any component which has not failed, but that a repair facility recommends or requires to be replaced, repaired or adjusted.
Battery warranty has nothing to do with vehicle warranty.
Old 01-26-15, 03:59 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Lexus has nothing to deal with battery nor lightbulb warranty.

When I replace my battery, Interstate warranty the item, not Lexus. When I buy the lightbulbs, the place that sold me warranty it, not Lexus.
Old 01-26-15, 04:07 PM
jamessinh
Driver

When I replace my battery, Interstate warranty the item, not Lexus. When I buy the lightbulbs, the place that sold me warranty it, not Lexus.
My vehicle and most Lexus vehicle bought new comes with Lexus brand battery. I don't know why yours come with Interstate brand battery. I still have the Lexus brand battery on my vehicles and would be happy to upload them for you to see. That my friend is the ticket to a 84 months warranty from Lexus. I have no clue about your state, but here in Arizona, new Lexus vehicle comes with a Lexus brand battery. And once again, the battery warranty and vehicle warranty are 2 different things. 84 months is 7 years for the battery and most if not all Lexus vehicle comes with 5 years or 50K miles which ever come first.
Old 01-26-15, 04:11 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Speaking of lightbulb, if you buy the HID from Lexus parts department, it has a 1 year manufacture warranty. If you have the dealer replace the bulb itself and paid their high labor rates, the dealer warranty it for 1 year as well without you having to go through the manufacture of the HID bulb. Are we on the same page now?
Old 01-26-15, 04:12 PM
Machog
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Scottsdale replaced my original 'Lexus' battery at no charge without me asking at a routine service.

I've had nothing but good service on my 2010 IS 250 C. As far as I know battery is covered for 4 years or 50k miles, think that's the deal.

Machog
Old 01-26-15, 04:18 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Speaking of lightbulb, if you buy the HID from Lexus parts department, it has a 1 year manufacture warranty. If you have the dealer replace the bulb itself and paid their high labor rates, the dealer warranty it for 1 year as well without you having to go through the manufacture of the HID bulb. Are we on the same page now?
Like i said, whoever sells you the lightbulb, warranty it. Next time, buy your light bulbs from Xenon Depot http://www.xenondepot.com/ (club lexus vendor) and you should be taken care of nicely.
Old 01-26-15, 04:20 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Machog
Lexus of Scottsdale replaced my original 'Lexus' battery at no charge without me asking at a routine service.

I've had nothing but good service on my 2010 IS 250 C. As far as I know battery is covered for 4 years or 50k miles, think that's the deal.

Machog
Congrats! That is the so called good will that they gave you.

Some do and some don't. That differentiate the quality of different dealerships.
Old 01-26-15, 04:21 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Like i said, whoever sells you the lightbulb, warranty it. Next time, buy your light bulbs from Xenon Depot http://www.xenondepot.com/ (club lexus vendor) and you should be taken care of nicely.
Your respond is irrelevant to the subject at hand. What does xenondepo have to do with my post. Lol
Old 01-26-15, 04:25 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

You complain about Lexus not honoring the warranty. You gave example of the lightbulb going through hard time getting warranty. I simply suggest you don't buy from that dealer and buy it somewhere else.

If the relevancy of the whole topic is complaining and crying, then continue so... lol
Old 01-26-15, 04:31 PM
jamessinh
Driver

You complain about Lexus not honoring the warranty. You gave example of the lightbulb going through hard time getting warranty. I simply suggest you don't buy from that dealer and buy it somewhere else.

If the relevancy of the whole topic is complaining and crying, then continue so... lol
After buying oem products from Arrowhead over the years, i am allow to be **** when they give me the run around. My whole point is too warn people when dealing with them. There's no crying here since i win hands down talking to Lexus corporate office. The whole point is that it shouln't have to take me to call corporate when they should honor their products and workmanship.

Quick Reply: Arizona Buyer beware of Arrowhead Lexus/Bell Lexus Dealerships