Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Opinion on used 2007 IS350 purchase?

Old 01-13-15, 03:35 PM   #1
MikeZero
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default Opinion on used 2007 IS350 purchase?

Car drives good but below is the history report from Lexus and Carfax. I highlighted the areas that concern me the most. Also I don't see that the car had it's 60k service done. Worried the last drivers drove the thing really hard. Carfax shows a reported accident in 2011 where someone hit a guard rail.

Car has about 75,000 miles on it now.

Thanks guys

Click the image to open in full size.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
MikeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 03:53 PM   #2
sr20mofo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (10)

asking price?

Shouldnt be more than $15k.. that would be the cap if i was to buy it.

You cant really tell if a car is driven hard unless u open the engine up... i would be more worried about the car not being maintain properly.

Plugs are easy to do urself and if ur still worried about its condition u can always bring it to a Lexus dealer and do a PPI that'll run u around $250

Last edited by sr20mofo; 01-13-15 at 03:56 PM..
sr20mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 04:19 PM   #3
iRock
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (10)

icekillah

If it drives fine go for it.
Old 01-13-15, 04:31 PM   #4
MikeZero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20mofo View Post
asking price?

Shouldnt be more than $15k.. that would be the cap if i was to buy it.

You cant really tell if a car is driven hard unless u open the engine up... i would be more worried about the car not being maintain properly.

Plugs are easy to do urself and if ur still worried about its condition u can always bring it to a Lexus dealer and do a PPI that'll run u around $250
It's more than $15k. But it's at a dealer and I'm in California. I have been monitoring the market for months (now more seriously) and IS350s simply do not sell in the $15k range, and if they do I do not want to wait forever to find that deal. I wish I could!!

Im looking at a few photos I snapped and this one is interesting. It looks like the hood isn't perfectly flush, is this normal? Im looking at photos online and other cars seem to be perfect. It isn't the angle, I have a couple of other photos that show the same. I did not notice this in person. I'd have the car inspected by a super reputable mechanic (car is in an affluent area with high rated shops) for $100, or the Lexus dealership quoted me $176 for a full inspection.

Last edited by MikeZero; 01-13-15 at 04:35 PM..
Old 01-13-15, 05:02 PM   #5
darkdream
Lexus Champion

I would look at the front end very carefully since it did have an accident. Just because the airbags didn't deploy doesn't mean it wasn't alot of damage. There have been people who said they had an accident at around 40 mph and the airbags never deployed.
darkdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-15, 05:13 PM   #6
MikeZero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdream View Post
I would look at the front end very carefully since it did have an accident. Just because the airbags didn't deploy doesn't mean it wasn't alot of damage. There have been people who said they had an accident at around 40 mph and the airbags never deployed.
Yeah good point. If you look at that pic the bottom of the front bumper looks slightly wavy.. But that could just be because I took the picture with my iPhone. The dealer put two front tires on the car, so I wonder if it has uneven wear issues. Especially since the history shows past alignment and tire/wheel issues.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #7
MikeZero
Rookie

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I still havent been able to find a 350 nearby. They are difficult to come by apparently. I'm car-less and need to buy something soon, so its either this car or a "cleaner" 250. What are your guys thoughts on this car if I can get it for a good deal and a mechanic gives it a green light? Could a good mechanic really tell if the car has issues, maybe structural? Or are there possible problems that just are impossible to find during an inspection?

The "moderate to severe left front damage" is what is concerning. But then again, cars get damaged all the time and arent reported for the Carfax, this one just happens to have been reported. My buddy has a car with a totally clear carfax but the thing was almost totalled, it just wasnt reported.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM