IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-15, 07:30 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I beat you to it Boss22. Lol
Old 01-12-15, 01:59 PM
mosh12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
Basically they're melting. When I picked mine up, used, the dash was sticky. I thought it just needed cleaning. NOPE. I looked it up, here, and guys were having the same issue saying the same thing. So at least I wan't the only one with a nasty dash. The CO. will be replacing them. I don't know if the dash HAS to be defective? Which some are wondering.
Originally Posted by boss22
Sticky melty dashboard in the most of the time especially in the direct sun, you touch it and your fingers stick to it cracks all over the dash from the bottom to the top, same with your door panels plus if you scratch it accidentally by your finger nail ex to open or close the door you see a black stuff under your nail and you have a pretty damn mark or scratch on your door panel - over the time you will collect a hundreds of them and they make your door panel looks like crap...

Example video here on Camry: Toyota Camry sticky dashboard - YouTube

Perfect, thanks for the responses!
Old 01-12-15, 03:25 PM
nielsio
Driver School Candidate

Is there an official letter on a site of Lexus which I can get a hold off? I'm not in the US, but would LOVE to have this to go back to the dealership here and demand them to repair this one!!
Old 01-12-15, 04:55 PM
boss22
Driver

I beat you to it Boss22. Lol
I bet lol, this video isn't mine. Just took the random video from youtube. My is worst plus cracks all over it - looks totally disgusting cant sell my car now because peps are freak out of it lol

GET THIS: My sister owns 2004 Toyota Sienna and guess what she just received??
Yes the letter!!!! I can't believe it!! She received it from Toyota USA that dashboard in her Sienna will need to be replaced while her dashboard and panels are perfectly fine! Meantime I have still s..h..i..t from Lexus!!! Unbelievable...
Old 01-18-15, 11:34 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Does Lexus really stand behind their product? Melting Dashboards Concerns

Hello CL community,

Recently I received this letter from Lexus explaining how they plan to address the issue of sticky / melting dashboards. Lucky for me I no longer own the 2IS, but I really wish that the next owner can have the issue corrected by Lexus. Below is a picture of the letter.

What are your thoughts about Lexus addressing the problems associated with their vehicles and standing behind their product? Share them. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!-lexus-melting-dashboards.jpg  
Old 01-18-15, 07:38 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i got approved by corporate to replace dash and all 4 doors in late October. This was obviously before this official fix so you have this additional corporate approval step. I just got the call last week that my parts came in. Taking the car in tomorrow they said it will take a couple days to work on.

Lexus takes care of its customers once again, they couldve easily said LOL tough luck youre out of warranty.
Old 01-18-15, 07:50 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i got approved by corporate to replace dash and all 4 doors in late October. This was obviously before this official fix so you have this additional corporate approval step. I just got the call last week that my parts came in. Taking the car in tomorrow they said it will take a couple days to work on.

Lexus takes care of its customers once again, they couldve easily said LOL tough luck youre out of warranty.
Ok bro you gotta take pics of the new panels and dash! We are all curious.
Old 01-18-15, 10:38 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I don't have sticky dash or cracks. However, my dash gets scratched very easily when I use a microfiber towel to wipe my dash. The scratches are permanent and do not come off.

I am wondering if that qualifies for the warranty?
Old 01-19-15, 12:23 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

Grrr...still waiting for mine. Everyday I open the mailbox hoping the letter is there but to no avail
Old 01-19-15, 07:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I just dropped my car off at the dealer. He acknowledged the parts took forever, but he said the new wait list goes up to May since now its an official fix and more people will be in on it. He said he will try to get the car out tomorrow afternoon.
Old 01-19-15, 02:18 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whitecel
Grrr...still waiting for mine. Everyday I open the mailbox hoping the letter is there but to no avail
Have you registered yet? I believe this is the only way you'll receive a notice. Call your dealership! Why is this thread gettin beat up about "do I qualify"? No one here can tell you yes or no so please call them.
Old 01-19-15, 02:59 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Have you registered yet? I believe this is the only way you'll receive a notice. Call your dealership! Why is this thread gettin beat up about "do I qualify"? No one here can tell you yes or no so please call them.
Yep registered. I've gotten recall notices and what not. Just not this on yet. Maybe cuz I'm in hawaii and no one cares about this island lol
Old 01-20-15, 03:54 PM
julies
Driver School Candidate

I came across this http://www.wptv.com/money/consumer/h...ing-dashboards over the holidays. Great news, I haven't received my letter yet though.
Old 01-20-15, 07:50 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I don't have sticky dash or cracks. However, my dash gets scratched very easily when I use a microfiber towel to wipe my dash. The scratches are permanent and do not come off.

I am wondering if that qualifies for the warranty?
It's at the point of getting sticky when you can scratch it easily.
Old 01-20-15, 11:37 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just got my letter in the mail today! Will be waiting for them to send the notification of when the parts are in so I can bring my car in.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!