IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 07:26 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the warranty only going out to california or southern state cars? i figured I would have gotten a letter by now? My dash is in terrible condition. Also if anyone does it, do they give loaner cars OR do you have to have a 2nd vehicle
Old 01-07-15, 06:29 PM
boss22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Is the warranty only going out to california or southern state cars? i figured I would have gotten a letter by now? My dash is in terrible condition. Also if anyone does it, do they give loaner cars OR do you have to have a 2nd vehicle
You got me thinking bro. perhaps the Lexus USA has sending out the letters to the users from the ''warm'' states like CA, FL, AZ, etc thinking that only there the dashboards maybe melted..?
Old 01-07-15, 06:37 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why don't you guys just call? I believe I replied with a num and or site, on the previous pages.
Old 01-07-15, 07:48 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

My car was in Florida the majority of the existence of the vehicle. The last two years it's been in ga.
Old 01-08-15, 05:26 AM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if this applies to the center console wrapped in the same material?
Old 01-08-15, 08:29 AM
RobzKar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so I received my letter about 3 days ago now. Not everyone feels like this but sometimes you know when you turn your car in to the dealership when you get it back something happens to pop for example check engine light or something else when you have the car for years and nothing has ever happened to it up until you get something fixed at the dealer. I guess it's like their taktics in getting you to bring your car in for something else and charge you up the Ying yang. I have never taken my car to the dealer for any of the recalls and have over 150k and no problems yet what so ever. Knock on wood. I just don't want to take it in and something come up after I get my car back. Anyone else feel like this?
Old 01-08-15, 01:45 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RobzKar
Ok so I received my letter about 3 days ago now. Not everyone feels like this but sometimes you know when you turn your car in to the dealership when you get it back something happens to pop for example check engine light or something else when you have the car for years and nothing has ever happened to it up until you get something fixed at the dealer. I guess it's like their taktics in getting you to bring your car in for something else and charge you up the Ying yang. I have never taken my car to the dealer for any of the recalls and have over 150k and no problems yet what so ever. Knock on wood. I just don't want to take it in and something come up after I get my car back. Anyone else feel like this?
Yeah bro I took my escalade into stealership and my mirrors were jacked up. Some retards there. My mirrors close inward with a button. Some jacka$$ pulled them in and F'd them up. How do I know this? When I walked to the vehicle they were inward. I pushed the button to open outward and they wouldn't open correctly. Bingo. This would only happen if you manually pull them in.
So If you're skeptical about the stealership I'd say take your panels off, and dash, yourself. I think I'mm sart my system, finally, and will take it apart so all they have to do is put them on. OR ask if I can have the parts myself. I, too, do not want my rims curbed, or scratched, or anything else damaged.
Old 01-08-15, 02:18 PM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Anyone know if this applies to the center console wrapped in the same material?
Old 01-08-15, 02:58 PM
boss22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srt1
Yeah bro I took my escalade into stealership and my mirrors were jacked up. Some retards there. My mirrors close inward with a button. Some jacka$$ pulled them in and F'd them up. How do I know this? When I walked to the vehicle they were inward. I pushed the button to open outward and they wouldn't open correctly. Bingo. This would only happen if you manually pull them in.
So If you're skeptical about the stealership I'd say take your panels off, and dash, yourself. I think I'mm sart my system, finally, and will take it apart so all they have to do is put them on. OR ask if I can have the parts myself. I, too, do not want my rims curbed, or scratched, or anything else damaged.
Yeah bro, people have trust to the dealerships like they were gold or something, the truth is there are the same people like you can meet at regular garages. Sometimes mechanics from ordinary garages know more than the dealer's ones...

There is a real story from one of Toyota dealer in CT. The guy who was responsible for oil changes, he never changed any oil or filter in any customer car for a while! He changed nothing and took the new oil bottles to his locker all the time along with new filters. Finally they caught him and they found a locker full of oil and filters!! I only know what is in my engine if I put it in by myself!!

Anyone trusts the dealer anymore?
Old 01-08-15, 04:33 PM
RobzKar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boss22
Yeah bro, people have trust to the dealerships like they were gold or something, the truth is there are the same people like you can meet at regular garages. Sometimes mechanics from ordinary garages know more than the dealer's ones...

There is a real story from one of Toyota dealer in CT. The guy who was responsible for oil changes, he never changed any oil or filter in any customer car for a while! He changed nothing and took the new oil bottles to his locker all the time along with new filters. Finally they caught him and they found a locker full of oil and filters!! I only know what is in my engine if I put it in by myself!!

Anyone trusts the dealer anymore?
Only reason I say this is cause my buddy took his silverado to the dealer for simple maintenance, after that it was all down hill first his gauges so he took it in to repair after that his radiator and so fourth. He finally talk with the manager and told them nothing was wrong with his truck for years then all the sudden after taking it in for a maintenance check all that started happening. I'm probably gonna do that, ask the dealer if I could just swap the parts out with them and sign like a waiver of liability, I'm pretty knowledgable anyways so I'll just do it myself.
Old 01-08-15, 04:53 PM
akuma88
Rookie

I have a 2006 is250 i just picked up with 122k on it. I looked at the dealer reports and car fax everything is clean. the dash is still perfect and the doors are also, i just want to change it for future preference. Do i need to call the dealer or what?
Old 01-08-15, 06:27 PM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RobzKar
I had a dealer perform a transmission fluid change under warranty years ago. Change being a relative term as that indicates a desire to put fluid back in it. By the time I made it home it was making some terrible noises, so I took it back first thing in the morning. Except I never made it as it came apart inside and locked up a few miles from the dealer. They tried to blame it on me initially, of course that was short lived and they offered to replace it with a refurbished unit, to which I "politely" declined. Needless to say, competency wasn't there strong suit.

Originally Posted by akuma88
I have a 2006 is250 i just picked up with 122k on it. I looked at the dealer reports and car fax everything is clean. the dash is still perfect and the doors are also, i just want to change it for future preference. Do i need to call the dealer or what?
With it being a warranty extension, and not a recall, the parts will only be replaced if the issue is prevalent. I don't believe they will replace ones that are under extension but not showing the conditions. On another note, yours must not have spent it's whole life in Texas lol. Everything in mine is junked.
Old 01-08-15, 07:28 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

I'm sure not EVERY stealership is dirty BUT a lot of BS goes on there. I 2 will ask to take the parts myself. First I'mma ask some of the boyz if they know of anyone at the Lexus's in the Bay. If so then I'm good with that.
Old 01-08-15, 08:41 PM
akuma88
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
I had a dealer perform a transmission fluid change under warranty years ago. Change being a relative term as that indicates a desire to put fluid back in it. By the time I made it home it was making some terrible noises, so I took it back first thing in the morning. Except I never made it as it came apart inside and locked up a few miles from the dealer. They tried to blame it on me initially, of course that was short lived and they offered to replace it with a refurbished unit, to which I "politely" declined. Needless to say, competency wasn't there strong suit.

With it being a warranty extension, and not a recall, the parts will only be replaced if the issue is prevalent. I don't believe they will replace ones that are under extension but not showing the conditions. On another note, yours must not have spent it's whole life in Texas lol. Everything in mine is junked.
It has been in Austin it went from a Lease to a full sale. It came to Houston 2 months ago, thats when it came into my hands. Im surprised because it has NO TINT either and we both know Texas heat dont play around lol. My friend picked up his is250 2007 and his side doors and dash are clearly ****ed up with cracks and spots that you can see the stickiness, oh and he has Tint lol
Old 01-08-15, 09:30 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by akuma88
It has been in Austin it went from a Lease to a full sale. It came to Houston 2 months ago, thats when it came into my hands. Im surprised because it has NO TINT either and we both know Texas heat dont play around lol. My friend picked up his is250 2007 and his side doors and dash are clearly ****ed up with cracks and spots that you can see the stickiness, oh and he has Tint lol
Maybe your previous owner replaced them or the dealership for him when he turned the lease into a buy. I know I would have asked for that as a condition.

Mine is a Texas car and the dash and front door panels are bad but the rear door panels are pretty good.....for now.lol
I was just going to buy a new dash as many others have done and replace it myself before I read about the warranty replacements.

From what I understand they were made from a different plastic in 09 but still look the same and Sewell sells them new. Toyota did the same thing replacing all 2010-2011 4Runner headlights free of charge as they had a bad plastic lens and hazed over.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!