IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-15, 12:31 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my letter today
Old 01-04-15, 01:17 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MD99SC300
After jumping through so many hoops I managed to get my sticky dashboard replaced out of goodwill gesture by the dealer in August 2014; they had given me a credit towards repair of the dashboard only. I'm wondering if I would still be eligible to get the front side door panels replaced since I'm still having an issue with those.

Anyone else in this situation?
i am. i had intially complained about all 4 door panels and the dash. They only approved the dash back then, now ill be contacting them in may 2015 for the replacement of my door panels.
Old 01-04-15, 02:53 PM
Krackerjax
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thumper28
This is awesome but I am worried that I am going to get screwed since I have already re-wrapped my dashboard. I'll be checking this thread often waiting for the first success story. Good luck everyone.
Hi, I'm new here and thought I'd check out the forums. I stumbled across this one. Let me just say that about a month ago I took my 08 is350 into the dealership for this problem. When I bought the car someone had wrapped the dash and front door panels with vinyl. Looked ok but not up to my standards. So anyway my service manager said lexus has been doing better about replacing them. He didn't seem to care about it being wrapped. He wrote it up for all 4 panels and dash. It was approved higher up. Just waiting on the dash to come in. He said its on back order. So just wanted to reply saying don't worry about the wrap. If they are covering all of them then you should be fine.
Old 01-04-15, 06:18 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boss22
Thanks for the link. I have already checked the recalls and I have 3 recalls but there is nothing mentioned about the dashboard and panels..?

I will contact the Lexus customer service tomorrow as they are closed today.
If your is 2007 and you have the letter so should I receive the letter also I guess??

P.S. You have whited out your Vin number at the top of the letter while at the bottom of the letter we can still see your VIN # - just sayin

Edit: Hey srt1 do you have any warranty left on your vehicle?
Lol that was my friend who marked it out but he didnt do the other. Nope I don't have the factory warranty but they still will grant you the notice. Just be patient.
Old 01-04-15, 07:31 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I say it's covered because what's in the letter.

I think there is some legal differences, but from what you can get from the dealer is that, they wouldn't work on dash without it being an issue when you take the car in, while with a recall, they'll replace your dash if you just want a new dash.
I see your point. I hope they will consider a 5-6 pretty strong cracks across the entire dash as an issue

Originally Posted by srt1
Lol that was my friend who marked it out but he didnt do the other. Nope I don't have the factory warranty but they still will grant you the notice. Just be patient.
I hope you're right. I have scheduled an inspection nearest Friday. We'll see what they say
Old 01-04-15, 07:40 PM
davidma415
Driver

Anybody in the same position as me? American car in Canada? Lol, I don't know If i'm even going to get a notice.
Old 01-04-15, 07:55 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am the 3rd owner and received the notice over the weekend. Fortunately I don't have any issue with the dash but it is nice to know they will honor the warranty if it was the case.
Old 01-05-15, 01:40 PM
Gr33nHrn3t
Driver

Got my letter in the mail today too.

Question, is the material going to be the same?
Why put in a new dash if it's going to get all melty and sticky again?
Old 01-05-15, 06:10 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by Gr33nHrn3t
Got my letter in the mail today too.

Question, is the material going to be the same?
Why put in a new dash if it's going to get all melty and sticky again?
Nope. It won't be the same I believe. The dashboards that have been made between 2006-2008 have had used a bad components. I hope the new ones are made with different and better sun/heat proof material.
Old 01-05-15, 06:30 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Nope. It won't be the same I believe. The dashboards that have been made between 2006-2008 have had used a bad components. I hope the new ones are made with different and better sun/heat proof material.
Man you seen the new ones? I believe it's a stitched leather on top of the dash. Wouldn't it be nice to have that! Can someone chime in on what the new dash looks like? A pic would spark more peeps attention.
Old 01-05-15, 06:55 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by srt1
Man you seen the new ones? I believe it's a stitched leather on top of the dash. Wouldn't it be nice to have that! Can someone chime in on what the new dash looks like? A pic would spark more peeps attention.
Yeah I saw the dash in new 2014 IS250/350 -it kicks ***!!

I dont think they are going to put us the same style dashboards...? I mean the same shape 2nd generation dashboard but the nice leather all over it - dream...

They better put some good materials on the dash to avoid replacing them in the near future again lol

Last edited by boss22; 01-05-15 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-05-15, 07:16 PM
Gr33nHrn3t
Driver

Yeah I saw the dash in new 2014 IS250/350 -it kicks ***!!

I dont think they are going to put us the same style dashboards...? I mean the same shape 2nd generation dashboard but the nice leather all over it - dream...

They better put some good materials on the dash to avoid replacing them in the near future again lol
Yeah that lexus textured feel would be nice...so then the people who already replaced before initial letter need to replace again?
Old 01-05-15, 07:47 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Well some guys already have the new one installed by the stealer. They just were reimbursed. Hopefully one of the guys, or gals, can post a pic of they replacement dash?
Old 01-05-15, 09:56 PM
leecm
Rookie

Originally Posted by Offspring
What happens if you had already paid to get your dash replaced. My door panels still need replaced
I paid approx $140 for labor to have mine replaced on 2010. I'm going to ask them when I go back to have my door panels replaced if they will refund me the money, or in the very least give me a credit at the dealership for future use. I'm pretty confident that they'll do one of the two.
Old 01-06-15, 06:01 AM
Stun350
Rookie

This is my door at the moment. I was wondering what the hell happened to it and thought I might have damaged it somehow with something I applied to it. I was at the stealership last week and the service advisor mentioned that Lexus is about to do a recall for this. I'm patiently waiting for my letter to get this taken care of. It looks horrible.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!