IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 06:53 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my reimbursement check today.

$234 and some change .
Old 12-30-14, 10:01 AM
flyfl1pguy

came back from the dealer here in SoCal. from what the service adviser told me, parts will not be available till March of 2015. Letters will be sent out in December. So take a look out in the mail for this.
Old 12-30-14, 08:39 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

They need to hurry up with this . I was planning to sell my car.
Old 12-31-14, 05:07 AM
99bb6
Driver School Candidate

i got my letter from lexus. parts should be here march and they will send a second letter when parts are in stock to perform the recall on affected vehicles
Old 12-31-14, 03:34 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Got my notice the other day. Make sure you register to receive your recall notices.

Last edited by srt1; 01-04-15 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-01-15, 06:35 AM
JBAD
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine too - 2007 IS 350, produced in November 2006. I'm at least the third owner.

I know my dash crumbles when you're in any way rough with it, and it looks "sweaty" whenever there is direct sun on parts of it. I'm looking forward to the replacement, but am glad mine isn't as bad as some others on here.
Old 01-01-15, 08:56 AM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by srt1
Got my notice the other day. Make sure you register to receive your recall notices.

Register where??

Lucky for those who got the letters. I ain't got nothing yet

I see this is not called a recall but a warranty enhancement - I have no idea what is the difference...?

Anyways my IS is 2006 and I have 58.800 miles on the clock currently. I am not an original owner and the car has a rebuild title - am I eligible for the dashboard and door panels replacement?

I have received a bunch of other recall letters i.ex: fuel pressure sensor potential leak, arm wiper nut.

Last edited by boss22; 01-01-15 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-01-15, 09:59 AM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by boss22
Register where??

I see this is not called a recall but a warranty enhancement - I have no idea what is the difference...?

Anyways my IS is 2006 and I have 58.800 miles on the clock currently. I am not an original owner and the car has a rebuild title - am I eligible for the dashboard and door panels replacement?

I have received a bunch of other recall letters i.ex: fuel pressure sensor potential leak, arm wiper nut.
i didnt get a letter, just called corporate as i had paid out of pocket for dash replacement and they reimbursed me.
Old 01-01-15, 11:09 AM
davidma415
Driver

What if I have an American car in Canada? I can't enter a Canadian address on the site haha.
Old 01-01-15, 08:01 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Register where??

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home
You need to join the site and input your information. This will allow you to receive notices as well as checking what recalls, or other notices, your vehicle will have.

Davidma415 - check out this site. You prob should call them or talk to the manager at your dealership. Canadians........ I'm playin lol. Hope this helps.
LEXUS states "Should you have any questions or concerns with your vehicle, we encourage you to contact management at your Lexus dealership who will go to nearly any length to ensure the best experience possible. If for whatever reason an issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, we've created a dedicated Customer Satisfaction Department to respond quickly and effectively to your needs. In addition to helping to settle misunderstandings, they can also provide product information, answer any questions and coordinate Roadside Assistance".
http://www.lexus.com/recall/index.html
Old 01-02-15, 09:38 AM
boss22
Driver

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home
You need to join the site and input your information. This will allow you to receive notices as well as checking what recalls, or other notices, your vehicle will have.
Thanks for the link. I have already checked the recalls and I have 3 recalls but there is nothing mentioned about the dashboard and panels..?

I will contact the Lexus customer service tomorrow as they are closed today.
If your is 2007 and you have the letter so should I receive the letter also I guess??

P.S. You have whited out your Vin number at the top of the letter while at the bottom of the letter we can still see your VIN # - just sayin

Edit: Hey srt1 do you have any warranty left on your vehicle?

Last edited by boss22; 01-02-15 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-03-15, 12:59 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

Thanks for the link. I have already checked the recalls and I have 3 recalls but there is nothing mentioned about the dashboard and panels..?
I still haven't received mine either. But it isn't a recall. It's an extension of a warranty?
Old 01-03-15, 06:26 AM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by whitecel
I still haven't received mine either. But it isn't a recall. It's an extension of a warranty?
yeah it is but what does it actually mean to you and the rest of us? My IS is 2006 with 58.900 miles on the clock. I don't have any warranty left on this car. Am I eligible for this? I will call the Lexus today or Monday to find out.

Edit: I have contacted Lexus USA today (excellent chat option!) I've been told that the letter maybe late due to holiday, but I should go to my local Lexus dealer to make an inspection of the dashboard and door panels so they will take a note about it.
I have scheduled an inspection next Friday along with other outstanding recalls. I will post here whatever they say.

Last edited by boss22; 01-03-15 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-04-15, 10:38 AM
MD99SC300
Driver School Candidate

After jumping through so many hoops I managed to get my sticky dashboard replaced out of goodwill gesture by the dealer in August 2014; they had given me a credit towards repair of the dashboard only. I'm wondering if I would still be eligible to get the front side door panels replaced since I'm still having an issue with those.

Anyone else in this situation?
Old 01-04-15, 10:56 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I say it's covered because what's in the letter.

I think there is some legal differences, but from what you can get from the dealer is that, they wouldn't work on dash without it being an issue when you take the car in, while with a recall, they'll replace your dash if you just want a new dash.

Quick Reply: FINALLY our 2 gen IS dash and door panels will be replaced!!!!