IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What Handling/Suspension Parts to get???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 11:05 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally would recommend a front strut tower bar. It adds to the appearance of the engine bay and might offer a tiny bit of stability in the corners... overall just for appearance!
Old 12-01-14, 04:03 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here you can see some of the parts including the F Sport sway bars, Megan LP coil overs, Megan camber arms, F Sport chassis brace, big brake kit with stainless brake lines, the red Tanabe lower brace towards the front and the Jun TW center tunnel brace which is yellow in front of the chassis brace in the center of the car.
Attached Thumbnails What Handling/Suspension Parts to get???-suspension-pic.jpg  
Old 12-01-14, 09:42 PM
Rudebwoy30
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Thanks for the visual Sffd103. Would it be more effective and maybe add a tiny bit more stiffness if i upgraded the sway bar end links with aftermarket ones?
Old 12-02-14, 09:46 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

IS250 and IS350 sway bars are identical, that said there are different factory sway bars depending on year and whether or not the car has the Sport/F-Sport Package. Still the same for IS250/350 though, given the same year and suspension package.

Jeff
Old 12-02-14, 12:42 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Oh, I forgot about an OS Giken LSD!
Old 12-02-14, 12:58 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudebwoy30
Hi everyone, its been a while. I have an 08 IS 250 with Tein s tech springs and Track Wheels, I was wondering what other upgrades i can do for the car to handle and feel more balanced as i drive and take corners. I will be purchasing the F sport Rear Sway bar soon as it seems to be a must do. Besides coilovers, what other parts can i add to stiffen up the ride, handle, feel more stable and solid?
Besides coilovers, Probably get some performance Shocks/Struts? Since you already getting the sways and everyone here is mentioning it. Also the more lower the car is the more center gravity u have for stiff control. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have Tokico Blues its a great alternative for performance shocks. Recommend F-Sport( Bilstien ) & Koni's.
Old 12-02-14, 03:28 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
Oh, I forgot about an OS Giken LSD!
God I want one! Why can mustangs get a good LSD for $500 when we have to spend $2500?
Old 12-02-14, 04:30 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you prefer "tail" happy a bit oversteering like i do, get the rear sway bar only. I power slide/drift the IS350 so damn fun in autocross. It is harder to do with the IS250 due to less torque.

If you want to neutralize the car (no understeer, no oversteer), get both front and rear sway bar, this set up helps better lap times but you don't get much of the crazy fish tail effect easily like you can with the rear sway bar only.

Again for better handling and pushing the car hard, tires tires tires... I can't stress this enough lol. It makes a whole lot different. If you have the money, go for semi-slick like the Michelin Sport Cup or whatever that is even though they don't last that long on street. If not, go for high performance summer tires like the Hankook V12 or Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Next is coil coil coil where you can adjust the dampening settings, go for KW V3 stiffen it up and zroooommmmm

If you want even more, put your car on diet, do weight reduction, change seat to lightweight race seats. Even more, install roll bars .... the list is endless lol
Old 12-02-14, 05:06 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Though not a suspension part, one indirect handling upgrade that I enjoy on a daily basis is the IS-F Steering ECU. It will dramatically improve the steering feel over the stock ISx50 Steering ECU and make your daily drive much more enjoyable while inspiring confidence when taking the car to its cornering limits.
Old 12-02-14, 06:45 PM
Rudebwoy30
Driver

Your right the list goes on. I willl be starting out with the sway bar set and some stickier tires like you all said. And possibly some of those braces that were previously said here and also in other threads. WIll not be tracking the car. I have an ISlow250
Old 12-02-14, 07:30 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Thanks for the visual Sffd103. Would it be more effective and maybe add a tiny bit more stiffness if i upgraded the sway bar end links with aftermarket ones?
That I don't know enough to comment on.

Originally Posted by Keo
Besides coilovers, Probably get some performance Shocks/Struts? Since you already getting the sways and everyone here is mentioning it. Also the more lower the car is the more center gravity u have for stiff control. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have Tokico Blues its a great alternative for performance shocks. Recommend F-Sport( Bilstien ) & Koni's.
If he gets coilovers he won't need shocks/struts. They're already involved with coils.
Old 12-02-14, 08:50 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
That I don't know enough to comment on.

If he gets coilovers he won't need shocks/struts. They're already involved with coils.
It's just that he mention in his first post about any other things beside coilovers. He mention he have Tien Spring only. I would assume he have stock shocks. Swap it out with a new or good used Aftermarket shocks and he'll feel the difference with an addition to those sways.
Old 12-03-14, 07:52 AM
Rudebwoy30
Driver

Yes i do have factory shocks with Tein S tech springs. Will be considering aftermarket shocks, if the factory ones start to feel blown, or when they blow lol

Originally Posted by Keo
It's just that he mention in his first post about any other things beside coilovers. He mention he have Tien Spring only. I would assume he have stock shocks. Swap it out with a new or good used Aftermarket shocks and he'll feel the difference with an addition to those sways.
Old 12-03-14, 06:57 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes i do have factory shocks with Tein S tech springs. Will be considering aftermarket shocks, if the factory ones start to feel blown, or when they blow lol
Just get yourself BC coilovers with higher rates and swift springs. Don't forget good tires though. The f sport sways help a lot as well
Old 12-03-14, 09:46 PM
Rudebwoy30
Driver

Yes... Ordering F sport sways as a xmas gift to self... Cant wait!!!

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
Just get yourself BC coilovers with higher rates and swift springs. Don't forget good tires though. The f sport sways help a lot as well