IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VRTuned IS350 Auto Flash: Convo with Vivid Racing Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-14, 06:44 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
Am I reading this right, $100 per 1 hp gain?
Pretty much. Playing devil's advocate...people dropping $1200 on an Fsport exhaust get even less of a $/HP ratio. Yet we still drop $$ for an exhaust.
Old 11-16-14, 06:51 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
Pretty much. Playing devil's advocate...people dropping $1200 on an Fsport exhaust get even less of a $/HP ratio. Yet we still drop $$ for an exhaust.
Most if not all get an exhaust for looks and sound. I don't here much member bragging HP from them. This item is claiming 20-25hp that a good difference.
Old 11-17-14, 05:25 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
I agree. I'm one of those that paid for the PPE headers, Invidia mid and Greddy exhaust. With the limited options for performance you have to get whats available. I'm waiting on a little more research and results to decide whether to get one!
Old 11-17-14, 10:50 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This thing is garbage and i wouldn't suggest anyone buying it, stew did nothing wrong and was very professional.
Old 11-17-14, 10:54 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by juvi22003
This thing is garbage and i wouldn't suggest anyone buying it, stew did nothing wrong and was very professional.
Are you basing that its garbage on their customer service skills or 3rd party data?
Old 11-17-14, 12:14 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

^Sounds like the comment was about the conversation between VR and Stew.
Old 11-17-14, 04:59 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Can't wait for 3rd party dyno results.
Old 11-17-14, 07:21 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Can't wait for 3rd party dyno results.
If anyone ever does...
Old 11-17-14, 08:32 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ive been reading all the horror stories from vivid on the other forums. Apparently they have been trying to push this for a while now and it hasnt been taking off well.
Old 11-18-14, 01:59 PM
rparkzy
Driver

Originally Posted by whitecel
If anyone ever does...
i don't think anyone wants to dump $700 in the toilet to do an independent dyno test and post here

so far what i've read - this unit is
Old 12-23-14, 05:55 AM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rparkzy
i don't think anyone wants to dump $700 in the toilet to do an independent dyno test and post here

so far what i've read - this unit is
Personally I think the owner is actually pretty business savvy, you guys are just looking at this the wrong way. Everyone here is assuming the owner truly believes his product works, which is clearly not the case and why he wont allow a test group outside of the confines of his control to test this. If he lets everyone here do 3rd party testing when he knows for a fact the tune doesnt stick long term, he is actually shooting himself in the foot as Clublexus.com has far greater page rank on google than his vividracing.com. The first thing everyone will see when they search "is350 vivid racing chip" will be the countless threads of people posting 3rd party dyno testing from Club Lexus, while his proprietary/biased in-house testing will be buried on the 3rd or 4th page of the results, and his business in this market will certainly crash.
Old 12-23-14, 05:59 AM
slownlow07
Driver

Originally Posted by jamisteven
Personally I think the owner is actually pretty business savvy, you guys are just looking at this the wrong way. Everyone here is assuming the owner truly believes his product works, which is clearly not the case and why he wont allow a test group outside of the confines of his control to test this. If he lets everyone here do 3rd party testing when he knows for a fact the tune doesnt stick long term, he is actually shooting himself in the foot as Clublexus.com has far greater page rank on google than his vividracing.com. The first thing everyone will see when they search "is350 vivid racing chip" will be the countless threads of people posting 3rd party dyno testing from Club Lexus, while his proprietary/biased in-house testing will be buried on the 3rd or 4th page of the results, and his business in this market will certainly crash.
So what you are saying is people should believe him and buy what ever vivid spits out? Sounds like a moron to me. Why would you even market a product that doesn't "stick long term?"

What a "REAL" business savvy person would do is stand behind their product and get CLUBLEXUS to test his product for easy marketing IF, and only IF the product DID work. Unfortunately, vivid loses this time around. Clublexus +1, Vivid 0.
Old 12-23-14, 08:22 AM
dragtek1
Rookie

Originally Posted by slownlow07
So what you are saying is people should believe him and buy what ever vivid spits out? Sounds like a moron to me. Why would you even market a product that doesn't "stick long term?"

What a "REAL" business savvy person would do is stand behind their product and get CLUBLEXUS to test his product for easy marketing IF, and only IF the product DID work. Unfortunately, vivid loses this time around. Clublexus +1, Vivid 0.
LOL, I am sorry but, judging by your summary of his post, I don't think you understand his point.

His point is that the business owner does not want club lexus members to find out if it truly works or not. If it is eposed on club lexus that his product is a fraud; he will lose all his potential customers. Anybody that searches Google for "is350 vivid racing tune" will show clublexus posts at the top of the search engine based on the popularity of this website. These potential customers will find out the truth about vivid's tune and no longer purchase the product, thus vivid will lose the potential income.

As of right now, it is currently working in vivid racing's favor since nobody knows 100% sure if the product is a bust, well, we do but some of us are in denial since we have been praying for an affordable tuning option for many years. For Vivid, this works in their favor since there aren't countless dyno sheets proving their product is a scam.

Last edited by dragtek1; 12-23-14 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-23-14, 08:32 AM
jamisteven
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dragtek1
LOL, I am sorry but, judging by your summary of his post, I don't think you understand his point.

His point is that the business owner does not want club lexus members to find out if it truly works or not. If it is eposed on club lexus that his product is a fraud; he will lose all his potential customers. Anybody that searches Google for "is350 vivid racing tune" will show clublexus posts at the top of the search engine based on the popularity of this website. These potential customers will find out the truth about vivid's tune and no longer purchase the product, thus vivid will lose the potential income.

As of right now, it is currently working in vivid racing's favor since nobody knows 100% sure if the product is a bust, well, we do but some of us are in denial since we have been praying for an affordable tuning option for many years. For Vivid, this works in their favor since there aren't countless dyno sheets proving their product is a scam.
Yep, this is exactly my point.
Old 12-23-14, 11:00 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

As always stated there no evidence of this working in the long run. Cause who gonna keep dyno going every year to see if it's flash is working. That being said $700 paper weight product.

Quick Reply: VRTuned IS350 Auto Flash: Convo with Vivid Racing Owner