IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

VRTuned IS350 Auto Flash: Convo with Vivid Racing Owner

Old 11-11-14, 05:52 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Dang thats wrong for threatening your medical future. WTF is that about.? He doesn't realize that he might of opened the flood gates and people won't buy their products..
Old 11-11-14, 06:08 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

All you wanted to do was be a guinee pig for the community to prove it works and he acts as if they don't need to prove anything..

I'll reserve judgement on the product until people start posting dynos... But as for the company.. His attitude alone has put me off Vivid Racing.
Old 11-11-14, 06:08 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was right about to buy it once I heard about it but hesitated and I'm glad I did. Too new of a product with too little testing. The people at Vivid Racing don't even deserve our money. The tune probably doesn't even work which is why they don't want people testing the tunes on their own. If they found out it doesn't work right after it's released, they're not going to make money. It's probably just a ripoff and they want to get as much as they can when they can. Otherwise, if it works and it's been tested by someone the community knows, others will start buying, and the word gets spread around. I'm sure they got orders already and we'll hear from those who bought them. Hopefully, it's good news but highly doubt it.
Old 11-11-14, 06:11 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Geez, what started as a simple intellectual discussion turned personal real quick! I've heard horror stories about other failing/bankrupt companies with the same reactions to customers.
Old 11-11-14, 06:11 PM
stewb10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe, but then again, of all the people who have gotten ANY power mod, what % actually post dyno sheets? That's why I wanted to do it. I know that I have a dyno guy that i could call right now and he'd go meet me 10 minutes away. $65 for enough pulls to get it right, with AFRs

My biggest issue, and the ONLY reason I thought they'd listen, is because I literally have nothing to gain from doing it. Im not getting paid, I'm spending $200 for 3 dyno sessions, and then I'm going to reset my ECU anyway once I get the blower back together. I genuinely don't think he understood that part. He thought I was looking for a handout.

Last edited by stewb10; 11-11-14 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-11-14, 06:47 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Interesting....
Old 11-11-14, 06:55 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

My prediction? No dyno runs by ANYONE who bought one. Only the butt dyno stories...

It was hard enough getting dyno numbers from the original boosted 2IS guys years ago, much less a "flash tune" for people when the cars have become so cheap...
Old 11-11-14, 07:30 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like i said if anyone is in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area wants to buy it I have access to a Trailer Dyno where we can do baseline as well as after. If I had a RWD, I would have spent the money to try it. Would love to try it before it gets snowy out

My buddies s13 after an engine build
Old 11-11-14, 07:32 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by stewb10
He was simply either uninterested in our market, or has a complex that prevents him opening his eyes to possibilities outside of Porsche. Or both.
Or his stuff just doesn't work :/
Old 11-11-14, 07:39 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Being handed an entire market... and turning your nose up and away is insane and should speak for itself. These would absolutely fly off their shelves but how quickly he turned off would scare me as a consumer.
Old 11-11-14, 07:54 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a snob. I actually might pass on that. I clicked this thread smiling hoping that there was an agreement but that guy clearly has his head up his ***. No support here even if the tune works or not.
Old 11-11-14, 07:55 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Owners like this is why people hire professional PR firms to handle their interactions.
They could care less about losing the business of one or two people but when you post this to a forum where the possibility of "25000 people a day" could see it they throw a hissy fit.
How should they handle issues? Well, they could start by not making themselves look bad. All ecu's are the same LOL.

Fact of the matter is that they never cared whether or not it worked. The bottom line is that they were selling, which he initially mentions. Then he says its not worth his time before finally throwing in your face that "he could eat the $700 or $600." At the end of the day talk is cheap.

We have had 9 years of people like this running their mouths for both the IS and ISF, and results have never been shown (other than SARD). This is no different. Don't be surprised when you call people on their B.S. that they become defensive and lash out. Its the typical douchebag response.
Old 11-11-14, 08:56 PM
STORMVSXII
Driver School Candidate

That was unprofessional conduct by the owner. It read like you were having a conversation in the youtube comment section. I will get the unit i ordered tomorrow and will debunk this "unicorn" chip , even if somehow all the stars align and it works i wont recommend any business from vivid racing after a poor display of respect of a fellow consumer.
Old 11-12-14, 12:12 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by STORMVSXII
That was unprofessional conduct by the owner. It read like you were having a conversation in the youtube comment section. I will get the unit i ordered tomorrow and will debunk this "unicorn" chip , even if somehow all the stars align and it works i wont recommend any business from vivid racing after a poor display of respect of a fellow consumer.
Let's us know and if it doesn't do what they claim will they refund you as he advertise on his blog.
Old 11-12-14, 01:08 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Stew, playing devils advocate here but he did say if the tune doesn't work you can return it for a refund. Also you could put it on a CC and file a claim if it turns ugly.. you do have the conversation saved as proof that he would take it back. Also maybe the owner would more inclined to take your offer if it was a stock non modified car that hasn't been tampered with. Not to say for certain your car wouldn't be a good candidate but it does have a lot of stuff done to it, installed and removed. Since it was boosted at one time and now back to stock, there might be a lot of variables that could potentially effect the results since they/we do not know if everything was put back correctly. Maybe some incorrectly installed parts, wiring issues ect. I'm just guessing here because If I was the owner with a potential viable product, I would be a little wary also about the test car. Another thing is it does seem like you hold a certain animosity to VR from your past dealings with them, that could possibly be another black mark on why he passed the offer.

I too have access to a dynojet and my IS-F is pretty much stock except for an exhaust, I just want a definite confirmation that it's even possible with the IS-F and then it's game on. I will pay for the unit myself plus all baselines and follow-up dyno sessions.

I already baseline'd 348whp stock and 377whp with exhaust. Would be a dream if I could hit 400whp with just exhaust and a simple plug in flash. I really don't want to lose my primary cats to hit that yummy 400 mark, I enjoy hugging my kids and kissing my wife after work without smelling like gasoline. =)

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 11-12-14 at 01:44 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VRTuned IS350 Auto Flash: Convo with Vivid Racing Owner