Could not find a schematic or the part number of the connector that bridges the two defroster elements. Looks like it would require soldering at least one if the elements to replace it. So I made a replacement tab to splice the broken tab. Fashioned it out of about 2 inches of the neutral solid core wire from 12 guage romex cable and a modified (squashed it to fit!) ring crimp terminal since it more closely matched the thickness of the factory spade which broke off. Filed down the wire to fit very snugly into the area left from the broken spade.
Here is a close up of the connector which has the broken spade terminal... my fabbed piece went in the small gap below the broken piece of metal.
Here is another view of the connector, was very close up, and hard to get into focus from an inch and a half away.
Lastly, here is the connector I made to splice the two connectors. Used a file to shape the wire for a very tight fit.