IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do XXR 527 wheels look good or crap on an is250?

Old 11-06-14, 08:52 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Fantasy (which is the same as fake jewelry) is the most commonly used jewelry used by ALL women.

CZ has remained the most gemologically and economically important diamond simulant since 1976. So yes there is nothing wrong wearing it.

My girl rocks CZ's all the time.
There's a difference in your girl buying costume jewelry for herself and you buying her CZ as a gift. Try faking that funk.

Last edited by obturator; 11-06-14 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-07-14, 05:35 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default .....................

Originally Posted by obturator
There's a difference in your girl buying costume jewelry for herself and you buying her CZ as a gift. Try faking that funk.
Trust me, my girl loves any gifts that comes from me weather its a CZ or a single flower with an I love you and a Kiss. She is not with me because of diamonds and blings. She does likes jewerly but she can care less if its real or not. Sounds like that problem is on the other side of the fence.....but that is non of my business

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 11-07-14 at 06:32 AM.
Old 11-07-14, 06:51 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Trust me, my girl has fake jewelry too (that she buys for herself). I would never buy her CZ because I think it's a cheezy gift. Why buy something for her that she could get herself? It has nothing to do with "the other side of the fence." One can afford a Lexus, but can't/won't buy a real diamond for one's girl? No matter the quality of the diamond? Hey, this is just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. Rock your replicas proudly. Carry on.

Last edited by obturator; 11-07-14 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-07-14, 08:08 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Trust me, my girl has fake jewelry too (that she buys for herself). I would never buy her CZ because I think it's a cheezy gift. Why buy something for her that she could get herself? It has nothing to do with "the other side of the fence." One can afford a Lexus, but can't/won't buy a real diamond for one's girl? No matter the quality of the diamond? Hey, this is just my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. Rock your replicas proudly. Carry on.
We have 3 Lexus vehicles: IS350, IS250 awd & RX350 awd, all purchased because they have a bit of everything; sport, luxury, good quality and they are reliable.
We did not buy these because of status. I mean anyone can afford a Lexus. Status would be Ferrari and up.

Not sure where you want to head with this but to each their own.

To us diamonds, bling & status dont mean a thing. We rather have all of that $$$ in our bank accounts and true investments.

I am done with this thread as snobbery is not my thing.

Op rock on whatever you like, at the end of the day its you who has to like it not us.

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 11-07-14 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-07-14, 09:33 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Wink

We have 3 Lexus vehicles: IS350, IS250 awd & RX350 awd, all purchased because they have a bit of everything; sport, luxury, good quality and they are reliable.
We did not buy these because of status. I mean anyone can afford a Lexus. Status would be Ferrari and up.

Not sure where you want to head with this but to each their own.

To us diamonds, bling & status dont mean a thing. We rather have all of that $$$ in our bank accounts and true investments.

I am done with this thread as snobbery is not my thing.

Op rock on whatever you like, at the end of the day its you who has to like it not us.

I'm going to choose my words wisely so that I don't insult you like you did with your posts. If you look back at my previous posts, I never said I was against replicas. Now trying to cast them off as the real deal is different story. Snobbery has nothing to do with it, as you so inclined to point out. In fact, I used to rock some replicas myself, but I never tried to fake the funk. Furthermore, presuming that the problem may lie "on the other side of the fence" is discourteous. As for the CZ, I choose not to buy it as gifts. That's my preference. Listing your luxury vehicles to prove you can afford the real deal (but choose not to) is showing you have status. It's not justification for you to discredit those who are against replicas. Fake vs real (and this includes diamonds, purses, etc.) has many layers in the debate. Affordability and value are two separate things. It's great that you have $$$ in your bank account. Congrats? And FYI, real diamonds are a true investment.
Old 11-07-14, 12:46 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

I'm going to choose my words wisely so that I don't insult you like you did with your posts. If you look back at my previous posts, I never said I was against replicas. Now trying to cast them off as the real deal is different story. Snobbery has nothing to do with it, as you so inclined to point out. In fact, I used to rock some replicas myself, but I never tried to fake the funk. Furthermore, presuming that the problem may lie "on the other side of the fence" is discourteous. As for the CZ, I choose not to buy it as gifts. That's my preference. Listing your luxury vehicles to prove you can afford the real deal (but choose not to) is showing you have status. It's not justification for you to discredit those who are against replicas. Fake vs real (and this includes diamonds, purses, etc.) has many layers in the debate. Affordability and value are two separate things. It's great that you have $$$ in your bank account. Congrats? And FYI, real diamonds are a true investment.
Forgot to point out that NONE of my vehicles have aftermarket wheels, we still have our OEM's so I cant relate to replicas or any other wheels other than OEM's.

I am also not trying to discredit those against replicas but I am proving that the real deal can be as bad as replicas which begs the question on why pay more if they can crack the same way too?

OP is not trying to fake the funk, fact he only asked if XXR 527's looked good on an IS250.

I am truly done this time around have fun with this thread.

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 11-07-14 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-08-14, 10:14 AM
jtsimaras
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they look good, not super heavy and cheap why not?
Old 11-08-14, 02:13 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Forgot to point out that NONE of my vehicles have aftermarket wheels, we still have our OEM's so I cant relate to replicas or any other wheels other than OEM's.
Wow! Now I've heard it all. An OEM guy trying debate aftermarket replica vs. genuine wheels. Why get involved in such a "snobbery" thread that is not about OEM wheels.

I am also not trying to discredit those against replicas but I am proving that the real deal can be as bad as replicas which begs the question on why pay more if they can crack the same way too?
Your proof is online pictures and what others have told you. Firsthand experience? Not so much. Do some research on how genuine wheels are made vs. replicas and the cost of R&D. Everything can break. It's how they break is the issue.

OP is not trying to fake the funk, fact he only asked if XXR 527's looked good on an IS250.
I never said the OP was trying to fake the funk. I suggested that he not do so if he buys replicas. Reading comprehension much?

I am truly done this time around have fun with this thread.
You should have been done after commenting on the look of the XXRs. Why start a debate of replicas vs genuine that you have no experience in?

OP asked for opinions on the XXRs. I gave it in a jovial manner and I should have been done too. This thread has gone on a tangent and I apologize for that. OP, rock what you value. Replicas are OK. There are some with decent quality. Do your research and good luck in your wheel search. BTW, your IS looks dope.
Old 11-08-14, 05:27 PM
ISland350
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sooooo do the XXR 527 look good?........or nah?
Old 11-08-14, 05:33 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

No problems with replicas--just don't fake the funk.
I agree with this guy 100%! Get what you like.

I've cracked the barrel on expensive (3 piece JDM) rims, while my Vossens and TSWs didn't have a single issue. Same make/model of tires and driving style.
Old 11-08-14, 10:20 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ...............

Wow! Now I've heard it all. An OEM guy trying debate aftermarket replica vs. genuine wheels. Why get involved in such a "snobbery" thread that is not about OEM wheels.

Just because I currently don't have any aftermarket wheels on any of my current vehicles it does not mean I never owned any. I have owned many vehicles and had my share of aftermarket wheels.

Your proof is online pictures and what others have told you. Firsthand experience? Not so much. Do some research on how genuine wheels are made vs. replicas and the cost of R&D. Everything can break. It's how they break is the issue.

Oh so now I have to own a genuine wheel and have first hand experience with a cracked wheel to prove the point?? So now the pictures are fake?? and not valid because they were not my wheels???Lol PLEASE!

I never said the OP was trying to fake the funk. I suggested that he not do so if he buys replicas. Reading comprehension much?

Well the OP never said anything about faking the funk so why even go there??

You should have been done after commenting on the look of the XXRs. Why start a debate of replicas vs genuine that you have no experience in?

Again I showed what have happen to others with real wheels like it or not it is what it is.

OP asked for opinions on the XXRs. I gave it in a jovial manner and I should have been done too. This thread has gone on a tangent and I apologize for that. OP, rock what you value. Replicas are OK. There are some with decent quality. Do your research and good luck in your wheel search. BTW, your IS looks dope.
OP we derailed your thread and I am also sorry. Again rock on whatever you wish. I have a nephew with XXR's on his Celica and they have held well.

Fin.
Old 11-09-14, 05:34 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

OP we derailed your thread and I am also sorry. Again rock on whatever you wish. I have a nephew with XXR's on his Celica and they have held well.

Fin.
You did say: "I can't relate to replicas or any other wheels other than OEM's [sic]." If you had aftermarket wheels on previous cars, then you should be able to relate, no? The implication is clear. In regards to firsthand experience, you don't know how those wheels cracked. That's the point. And the faking the funk was a suggestion. You've heard of those, no? I'll stop now because we are in a no win situation. Unless I tell you: "You are right. Spending more money on genuine aftermarket wheels is foolish when the replicas are so much cheaper," I fear this will continue. Take care. No further response from my end.

Last edited by obturator; 11-09-14 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-09-14, 08:32 AM
jtsimaras
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISland350
Sooooo do the XXR 527 look good?........or nah?
I would say they look great on a wrx sti or the sort but on a IS not sure if they suit the car appearance wise ..... just my opinion...
Old 11-10-14, 10:46 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with a lot of points @obturator made.