IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bagged, Boosted, Widebodied... Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-14, 05:56 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Bagged, Boosted, Widebodied... Now what?

Hey everyone. Most of you have probably ran across my car on here, instagram or facebook. I have done a lot of work to the car and now I'm just picking your brains to maybe come up with something creative for me.

I'm not bored with the car, but always enjoy watching it evolve into something new and different from the crowd.

So if you have some creative ideas, let me hear them.

What i have planned and ideas i have are:

- Build a front lip/splitter to bring front lower
- Possible audio system again in trunk
- In process of molding my accuair remote into my center console, then carbon fibering it
- Vinyl graphics on car (sorry, I'm a ricer )
- New exhaust tips (bigger)

And heres a few recent pictures of her after the wideobdy.

Old 10-30-14, 06:20 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need a vanity plate for dat ***! How did you get around the air bag light with your status seats?
Old 10-30-14, 06:30 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the privilege of judging this car at Wekfest. I think the car is really nice. There is a weird gap at the bottom of the rear drivers side door. That's really the only thing I noticed with this car. Custom carbon fiber lip/splitter would look great. I know a good shop that can do it too. Throw some grille mesh behind those fenders, I'd hate to see rocks fly up and chip that paint. It will finish off the look too.
Old 10-30-14, 06:51 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about some powder coating the undercarriage and braces so when you show it you can take a wheel off and put some mirrors under it.
Old 10-30-14, 06:56 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2jz swap, of course :-)

or.... carbon fiber roof cap, one-off/unique LED tail light work (OnEighty in NYC may have some ideas)
Old 10-30-14, 07:19 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by daileycon
Need a vanity plate for dat ***! How did you get around the air bag light with your status seats?
I enjoy my christmas tree dash. I never tried to fix the light.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I had the privilege of judging this car at Wekfest. I think the car is really nice. There is a weird gap at the bottom of the rear drivers side door. That's really the only thing I noticed with this car. Custom carbon fiber lip/splitter would look great. I know a good shop that can do it too. Throw some grille mesh behind those fenders, I'd hate to see rocks fly up and chip that paint. It will finish off the look too.
Thanks so much Thomas The vents are definitely going to have mesh or carbon fiber put in place so it's not just a big opening. That was one downfall of getting the car back a day and a half before Wekfest, i couldnt get things like that done.

Are you referring to the gap that the door has next to the side skirt on one side, but it's flush on the other? If so, you sir, have pay great attention to detail. My friend had to point that out to me when i got the car home. Only fix for that is back to the shop though.
Originally Posted by Sffd103
How about some powder coating the undercarriage and braces so when you show it you can take a wheel off and put some mirrors under it.
It's a good idea, but not sure how i would manage that at a show being bagged? very carefully i suppose haha
Originally Posted by pmanliu
2jz swap, of course :-)

or.... carbon fiber roof cap, one-off/unique LED tail light work (OnEighty in NYC may have some ideas)
I have thought about some custom tails. There's a company in Japan that is about to release some LED/Fiber tails soon, i wanted to see their pricing. If its about the same as a custom set, i may go that route. One small issue with it is i have to design or find something that is very different from my buddies widebody IS, since we're both in the show scene, i dont want to remotely look like they are suppoed to mimick his.

The 2jz... that is still a big option in the future, or simply and less impressively, a 350 swap (to keep all luxuries and add ~100whp). More than likely a 2jz in a year or two when i really stop caring for the luxuries in the car.

Thanks for the input guys
Old 10-30-14, 07:35 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

what about make some changes to your headlights? perhaps customs?
Old 10-30-14, 07:54 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonathanz
what about make some changes to your headlights? perhaps customs?
I like the multiple projector look on the 1IS, LS/GS platform, but not sure they would fit or work well with our cars? I could try to do carbon fiber housings, but i dont want to get too carried away with carbon either lol theres a fine line i am approaching, I'm sure
Old 10-30-14, 10:58 AM
minato
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That front fitment!
sorry got carried away again

the front bumper and lip you considering should be moulded together (dunno how you gonna make that happen but with the right lip it would look even crazier) , just to change it up cuz I think seen another IS with same front end

some mesh behind the side fenders .

car still looks perfect in my books though, you raised the bar.
Old 10-30-14, 11:24 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Weight reduction! Undo everything you have done.
Old 10-30-14, 01:17 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My two cents:

Fixes
1) The gap at the rear driver's side door that speedaddic pointed out.
2) The body line on the rear driver's side bumper and fender flair are crooked.
3) The fender vent looks out of place imo. I reco to contour the bottom of the vent to the shape of the wheel well and make the top angle parallel with the road to flow better.

Additions
1) More aggressive rear spoiler
2) Functional rear brake venting (similar to a Corvette Z06)
3) Concave wheels!
Old 10-30-14, 02:20 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
Weight reduction! Undo everything you have done.
Hahaha funny guy! I do wish my brakes didn't weigh a ton tho!
Originally Posted by VTsuckah
My two cents:

Fixes
1) The gap at the rear driver's side door that speedaddic pointed out.
2) The body line on the rear driver's side bumper and fender flair are crooked.
3) The fender vent looks out of place imo. I reco to contour the bottom of the vent to the shape of the wheel well and make the top angle parallel with the road to flow better.

Additions
1) More aggressive rear spoiler
2) Functional rear brake venting (similar to a Corvette Z06)
3) Concave wheels!
Fixes 1) I don't know if yall are talking about the same thing. If you're referring to the "gap" where you can see through the door jam above the wheel, there is no fix for that. I'll post a picture later, but that was all cut away to make room to bag out all the way so THAT gap will stay. 2 and 3, I am completely happy with the body work and vent, it is what I asked for and designed for him to create for me.

Additions: 1) I want a more aggressive spoiler but I think my only option is a full blown wing and I don't think I want to go that route with my car. 2) we thought about a rear vent and meant to put one in but couldn't design something that fits the area and still works with the body lines. 3) I may get some VIP modulars or RSV forged next year, that item may come true.

Thanks for the honesty, I personally can't pick my car apart like that since I'm still in the honeymoon phase of seeing the body work lol

Last edited by heyarms; 10-30-14 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-30-14, 02:31 PM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bodywork does not line up in some places, rushed work.
Old 10-30-14, 02:46 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by minato

That front fitment!
sorry got carried away again

the front bumper and lip you considering should be moulded together (dunno how you gonna make that happen but with the right lip it would look even crazier) , just to change it up cuz I think seen another IS with same front end

some mesh behind the side fenders .

car still looks perfect in my books though, you raised the bar.
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah mesh or filling the giant fender vents is definitely coming, so is the lip.

I appreciate everyone's concern with the body work, but the point of my thread was for some creative out of the norm ideas for the car... Crazy interior ideas, trunk, etc.
Old 10-30-14, 04:30 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New paint job? Paint the CF hood too but I think you like it like that.

Quick Reply: Bagged, Boosted, Widebodied... Now what?