Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Voice Dialing Stopped Working

Old 10-20-14, 05:27 PM   #1
tex2670
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Default Voice Dialing Stopped Working

I have an 07 IS, with nav/bluetooth. My phone pairs fine, and I can receive calls, and make calls from my speed dial, or from the nav keypad when stopped, and from my phone. But when I try and dial by voice, the call won't go thru.

If I use the car's voice system, it prompts me for the number, and I speak it "215-555-1212", and it repeats the number back and tells me to press the voice or off hook button to dial. But then it won't dial, and asks for a number again.

More frequently, I would call with Siri--I would hit the home button on my phone, and tell Siri "Call John Smith." Siri asks "Which number, Work or Mobile." I tell Siri, and it confirms "Calling John Smith mobile." Until a few days ago, this was fine; but now, the phone just disconnects from bluetooth.

But--if I use the same method with Siri to read and reply to texts, it works fine.

I have deleted the phone and re-paired it.

It's not iOS8, because it was working fine until last Friday, and there were no updates last week.

It's not the phone, because it still works fine in my wife's Mazda.

Anyone have a similar issue?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-14, 05:27 PM