IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just bought an IS 250, what to do first?

Old 10-14-14, 03:44 PM
Fredo250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Just bought an IS 250, what to do first?

First things first just wanted to introduce myself I'm from Toronto, Canada, just purchased a 2010 IS250 AWD in white which will be coming in on Friday. Previously was driving a 2011 Lancer GTS but decided to make the switch, probably will be selling the GTS in the near future.

Purchased the IS250 for $23,990 in White, AWD, 66 000kms which translates to around 41 000 miles, with navigation etc, set of extra snow tires rust proofing 6 year warranty, trunk wing and roof spoiler. Seemed reasonable to me but I figure you guys are the experts lol so let me know!

But yeah, I did a couple mods to my GTS, nothing to ricey, just a couple things, but I'm looking to go all out on the IS. Getting the roof wrapped in gloss black for $100 off someone I know and I am currently looking for a lip. Don't have too much money for mods right now, have about $800 in money I put on the side for a couple starter mods, any recommendations?

Also, quick question, would you recommend powder coating rims, I would like to do mine black, or should I just wait to buy proper rims in the summer?

Car comes in Friday!
Old 10-14-14, 05:04 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know how old you are but just remember this is a luxury car. Totally different status level then a Lancer. Sometimes the less you do the better. But the basics are tint if you're into that, a drop, and a nice set of wheels.
Old 10-14-14, 05:12 PM
Fredo250
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, do you have any suggestions for springs?

I wasn't planning on being overly aggressive with the modding, I believe the car does come tinted already

And yeah lol I went with the IS 250 because it was a luxury car in the first place
Old 10-14-14, 05:21 PM
minato
Pole Position

Coilovers
sway bars
exhaust
wheels
intake
etc

Welcome to CL
Old 10-14-14, 05:46 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fredo250
Yeah, do you have any suggestions for springs?

I wasn't planning on being overly aggressive with the modding, I believe the car does come tinted already

And yeah lol I went with the IS 250 because it was a luxury car in the first place
Actually I dont think you want springs with an AWD. There is some kind bar or something in the way on the AWDs that makes springs sit uneven. I came across that years ago when researching on what kind of drop I want for my car. The guys that are on this forum more then myself will be able to explain that better to you. But with an AWD you definitely want coils so you can adjust them for an even ride height all the way around.

Last edited by flektone; 10-14-14 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-14-14, 05:51 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lighting mods are always my FIRST go to!. If it has halogen, then HID's would be a huge upgrade. Stock isnt always the brightest especially in the fogs. after that, I would go just aesthetic mods to keep the car in top shape til you have more money for the big stuff
Old 10-14-14, 06:35 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell it and buy a ISF!
Old 10-14-14, 06:45 PM
Fredo250
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I figured I would need coils after doing some research just now, if I find a quality set for under $1000 i'll definitely try to purchase

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
Lighting mods are always my FIRST go to!. If it has halogen, then HID's would be a huge upgrade. Stock isnt always the brightest especially in the fogs. after that, I would go just aesthetic mods to keep the car in top shape til you have more money for the big stuff
Yeah that's why I'm wrapping my roof in gloss black, it's pretty cheap but to me makes a big difference. How much is normal for HID's?

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Sell it and buy a ISF!
lol i wish man i wish
Old 10-14-14, 09:09 PM
andehchai
Driver School Candidate

Carbon fiber wrapped interior around 20-25$ for a good sized sheet on eBay https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ap-thread.html

Tints, HIDs if you don't have them already, HID fogs, coils (if you have $ to blow), debadge if you want, plasti dip wheels for protection/looks, ISF replica grill!

Those are small ez to do mods
Old 10-14-14, 09:13 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to CL and congrats. Start here for some reading of what mods are out there and other questions you may have. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...iy-thread.html
Old 10-15-14, 08:31 PM
Fredo250
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a lot guys, will definitely use that thread for more information.

Excited to pick up my car it feels like it has been forever lol, looking to find a nice HID kit on ebay if you have any recommendations
Old 10-15-14, 08:52 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredo250
Yeah I figured I would need coils after doing some research just now, if I find a quality set for under $1000 i'll definitely try to purchase

Yeah that's why I'm wrapping my roof in gloss black, it's pretty cheap but to me makes a big difference. How much is normal for HID's?

lol i wish man i wish
I am currently running DDM Tuning HID kit and its about 50 bucks for a 55 watt kit. Had it in my car since i got it 2 years ago and (almost) no issues. I had a flickering issue but its a headlight power issue not HID kit issue
Old 10-15-14, 10:28 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of all my mods my two favorite are my Carbon Fiber steering wheel and my Fsport intake. Most bang for your buck in my opinion.. The wheel is thicker, designed so your hands always land in a comfortable position, even when taking corners. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...mmer-sale.html The intake.... After 3,200 rpms it sounds awesome" kinda like Turbo" ...
Old 10-16-14, 01:39 PM
PearlFocal
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For me I just got Vertex Lips, 18 inch Workz rims, Lexus HKS exhaust, tint. Thats about it.

Well inside I got the F-sport Clutch, upgraded audio, 12 inch sub.

Nice and clean.

Oh right before your drop you might want to consider the snow height for the winter
Old 10-16-14, 02:43 PM
Fredo250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PearlFocal
For me I just got Vertex Lips, 18 inch Workz rims, Lexus HKS exhaust, tint. Thats about it.

Well inside I got the F-sport Clutch, upgraded audio, 12 inch sub.

Nice and clean.

Oh right before your drop you might want to consider the snow height for the winter
Yeah I think I may drop it in the summer instead winter does get pretty crazy around here #thankucanada

Do you have a link for the exhaust and lip? Would like to take a look at prices

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
I am currently running DDM Tuning HID kit and its about 50 bucks for a 55 watt kit. Had it in my car since i got it 2 years ago and (almost) no issues. I had a flickering issue but its a headlight power issue not HID kit issue
Did you install it yourself? 50 bucks sounds pretty good considering how long it has lasted you haha

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Out of all my mods my two favorite are my Carbon Fiber steering wheel and my Fsport intake. Most bang for your buck in my opinion.. The wheel is thicker, designed so your hands always land in a comfortable position, even when taking corners. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...mmer-sale.html The intake.... After 3,200 rpms it sounds awesome" kinda like Turbo" ...
Where'd you get the intake? And how much am I looking at? I'm stuck between whether to start with cosmetic or performance mods haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just bought an IS 250, what to do first?