IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HPDE in IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 09:33 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Dunlop Direzzas are not R compounds. They are among the best "street" tires available for use on the track. If the car is set up properly, and the tire is sized appropriately even on the track you can get a couple of thousand miles out of a set of Direzzas. Camber arms can reduce wear, but I would pay attention to toe setting more than camber.
Old 03-27-16, 06:01 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hate to bump an old thread but I was there at proving grounds when you were running and the car seemed to do well. I enjoyed watching! I actually parked beside you and I believe chatted to you for a little bit. I had the black isf from Manitoba. Anyways, are you planning on doing proving grounds this year? We will probably be doing both but I will be running this year!
Old 03-28-16, 08:29 AM
Rsuave24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnfwm
Hate to bump an old thread but I was there at proving grounds when you were running and the car seemed to do well. I enjoyed watching! I actually parked beside you and I believe chatted to you for a little bit. I had the black isf from Manitoba. Anyways, are you planning on doing proving grounds this year? We will probably be doing both but I will be running this year!
Hey! I will definitely be at both proving grounds this year (I make everyone of them) last couple years I ran a 92 civic, and I'm happy you were able to see the car run! Its great for what it is. It's basically at par with a stock Isf, suspension wise, minus about 300 lbs... but I would love to try an Isf out there with all that power. You should find me on Facebook and we can always talk Lexus, this platform is better than what most would expect out of a sedan. My name is Rico Sisombath find me and add me.

EDIT- Lol this thread is really old but maybe you saw the civic, I noticed how old this thread was after explaining that I ran my Is350 last year and will be running the IS this year!

Last edited by Rsuave24; 03-28-16 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-28-16, 06:17 PM
Dnfwm
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rsuave24
Hey! I will definitely be at both proving grounds this year (I make everyone of them) last couple years I ran a 92 civic, and I'm happy you were able to see the car run! Its great for what it is. It's basically at par with a stock Isf, suspension wise, minus about 300 lbs... but I would love to try an Isf out there with all that power. You should find me on Facebook and we can always talk Lexus, this platform is better than what most would expect out of a sedan. My name is Rico Sisombath find me and add me.

EDIT- Lol this thread is really old but maybe you saw the civic, I noticed how old this thread was after explaining that I ran my Is350 last year and will be running the IS this year!
I will add you on Facebook, my name is Gary. I plan on doing both proving grounds this year as well. I just bought rr racing Penske coilovers (can't wait for them to get here) and the rr racing usrs. I am trying to buy headers too, but only time will tell if I can pull it off for this year. Also it was your Lexus I saw , not the civic. Well hopefully I will get to chat with you at proving grounds.
Old 03-29-16, 01:58 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Penske coilovers! Balln'!
Old 03-30-16, 06:56 PM
Rsuave24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnfwm
I will add you on Facebook, my name is Gary. I plan on doing both proving grounds this year as well. I just bought rr racing Penske coilovers (can't wait for them to get here) and the rr racing usrs. I am trying to buy headers too, but only time will tell if I can pull it off for this year. Also it was your Lexus I saw , not the civic. Well hopefully I will get to chat with you at proving grounds.
Wow that will definitely be a baller set up!! Holy, I will look forward to seeing the car and chatting it up with you! Let me know if you ever wanna meet, btw I dont think I got your friend request!