IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

19x10 19x11 +10 with just a roll and some camber?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-14, 05:16 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 19x10 19x11 +10 with just a roll and some camber?

Since I posted in the official wheel thread and it's pretty much dead. I figured I would post here. Can I fit 19x10 +10 19x11 +10 with just a roll and like -7 camber all around, front and rear or will I need a pull. Staying static with high spring rates.

UPDATE: I found a better deal with weaker specs. SORRY for the ones who wanted to see the end results but the new specs I'm trying to fit are 19x9.5 19x10 +12. Going to be MUCH easier for me since I don't want to have to pull. Thanks for blowing up the thread with replies

Last edited by BoyOhBoy; 09-10-14 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-01-14, 06:51 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that's going to be to aggressive
Old 09-01-14, 06:57 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 06350F
I think that's going to be to aggressive
Loll I hope it's not too much
Old 09-01-14, 08:22 PM
LexusGuyyy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had 18x11.5+7 in the rear all i needed was fender roll and all camber arms even toe arm
Old 09-01-14, 09:23 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I told you you're gonna hack up your fenders and rear quarters.
Old 09-01-14, 10:56 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I told you you're gonna hack up your fenders and rear quarters.
LOL I want these wheels so badly. I just want to know how hard I have to work to put these on. I want to sell my car as a stock car..
Old 09-01-14, 11:22 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexusGuyyy
i had 18x11.5+7 in the rear all i needed was fender roll and all camber arms even toe arm
So I hear that I can fit the front easily. Just the rear might be a problem. Uh.. How much camber am I looking at to fit them. Like -9 in the rear?!
Old 09-01-14, 11:33 PM
zackteee
Driver

I also would like to know lol
Old 09-02-14, 06:21 AM
stewb10
Driver

Air or static?

It can be done with a good rotary tool, fender roller, and F/R camber arms if you're bagged. I've test fit very similar specs.

Static will take more work but it will be a function of how stiff/low you actually want to go. If you want them to clear the fender when your suspension compresses, you'll have to modify the rear arms.

Bottom line is, those specs are possible without any professional body work, as long as you don't want to tuck. My new wheels, which will be done in about a week, are more aggressive than those. DIfference is that I chose a 9.5f and 11.5r so I could have an even drop (225/35 = 640mm and 265/30 = 641mm) without having a taller tire. This means moar low.

You will not need -9* camber unless you want to tuck.
Old 09-02-14, 07:48 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stewb10
Air or static?

It can be done with a good rotary tool, fender roller, and F/R camber arms if you're bagged. I've test fit very similar specs.

Static will take more work but it will be a function of how stiff/low you actually want to go. If you want them to clear the fender when your suspension compresses, you'll have to modify the rear arms.

Bottom line is, those specs are possible without any professional body work, as long as you don't want to tuck. My new wheels, which will be done in about a week, are more aggressive than those. DIfference is that I chose a 9.5f and 11.5r so I could have an even drop (225/35 = 640mm and 265/30 = 641mm) without having a taller tire. This means moar low.

You will not need -9* camber unless you want to tuck.
Static and I'm not really worried about the spring compression part, I should be able to get pretty close to the fender. I'm thinking about running 215/35 front and 235/35 rear with the specs. And ya I already have plans to modify the rear arms before the wheels come on. Figuring out how to mod the front UCA right now
Old 09-02-14, 09:50 AM
Jaytea
Driver

If you want to drop it and not have ridiculous amounts of camber (depends on each person really), I'd go and get it professionally done. I got my quarters pulled out slightly and rolled completely flat (sealed to body), with repaint and couldn't be happier. I can also fit 3 grown men about 160 lbs each in the back and the wheel will tuck without rubbing.

That being said you should do it once and do it right. I've also heard horror stories about suspension not being stiff enough with an aggressive set up, and people cracking paint, blowing out tires etc.

I'd listen to Sffd on this one.

Edit: sitting static with -1 degree of camber.
Old 09-02-14, 04:29 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jaytea
If you want to drop it and not have ridiculous amounts of camber (depends on each person really), I'd go and get it professionally done. I got my quarters pulled out slightly and rolled completely flat (sealed to body), with repaint and couldn't be happier. I can also fit 3 grown men about 160 lbs each in the back and the wheel will tuck without rubbing.

That being said you should do it once and do it right. I've also heard horror stories about suspension not being stiff enough with an aggressive set up, and people cracking paint, blowing out tires etc.

I'd listen to Sffd on this one.

Edit: sitting static with -1 degree of camber.
Yeah, I hear you. My new spring set up should be stiff enough considering that it's 20k+. LOL I want to pick up this set badly. But I also don't want to do a pull.
Old 09-02-14, 05:03 PM
EZwider
Driver

If you like the wheels enough, you will make them fit.

No crazy body work will be required, just a simple roll.

You'll want to get the front upper A arms with the adjustable ball joint, (front camber kit) Megan makes them, i'm running it with -4.5 degrees in the front.

They also have the Rear camber and toe arms. If you want to run more then -4.5 in the rear, you'll need the toe arms as well, as the stock ones do not compensate enough past that point. The rear camber arms max out at -5 degrees. I shortened mine to run -8, thats not recommended though, thats on you.

Unless your a baller, and want to buy T-demand parts from japan, but that **** is bread.
Old 09-03-14, 02:02 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

In my own experience 18-20x10 +anything lower then 25 is going to make contact with the unibody at full lock turns, I didn't have it cambered out and it was a bit lower offset. But your going to need really good fender work (and Mariano can back me up here), talk to Anthony Lezada at Vex motorsports he can help you a lot.
Old 09-03-14, 03:47 PM
stewb10
Driver

If they don't fit, make them fit. It's not the offsets that will cause you to ruin your fenders, it's your driving.

The only time I did fender damage was when I trusted someone else to roll my fenders and didn't understand the cars limits. When you have the car on jack stands yourself you'll appreciate just where you will run into issues, just where you need to roll and pull more, and then be able to drive the car within it's limits.

There's a guy out there running 19x12 19x13 on a bagged ISF, stock body. There are people with far more aggressive specs even than that out there in the car world. Don't be afraid, just don't be dumb.

Quick Reply: 19x10 19x11 +10 with just a roll and some camber?