IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-14, 02:04 AM
Taurintas
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm.

Hello everybody. I`m new to Lexus and also new to this forum. Sorry if I write in wrong section. I have Lexus IS 220D just for a few days now. I want to ask a question. What is wrong with unlocking the car ? When I unlock the car there is no beeps (locking 1 beep, unlocking 2 beeps) and when I sit into the car and close the doors, alarm is turning on for maybe 2 or 3 seconds. Also when starting the engine there is alarm sound for 2-3 seconds. What is wrong with that ? With locking it seems to be everyting is fine, it beeps 1 time and doors are locked. Sorry for my bad english.
Old 08-31-14, 10:20 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

When you said alarm, you mean the horns? Does the blinking red led on the stereo/nav system go off after you unlock the car? It sounds like the car didn't completely disarm the alarm after unlocking ... it's possible a previous owner did something to the system -- if you bought it used.
Old 09-01-14, 02:59 AM
Taurintas
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the answer. I dont think that the car didnt completely disarm the alarm. Car is succesfully unlocking (with two beeps) just for 5-10 minutes after I locked it. But then I lock the car(beep once) and leave it for more than 10 minutes, car isn`t unlocking succsefully. I don`t know why ? If the car didn`t beep for unlocking (two beeps), only lights flash, it means that the alarm will turn on for two seconds when I close the doors or start the engine. What is the problem with that ?

Thank You.
The following users liked this post:
Klawler7 (11-08-22)
Old 09-02-14, 07:46 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say, but i know the car will lock itself if left unlocked for a specific period of time.
Old 09-03-14, 09:40 AM
Taurintas
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for my bad english

Then I try to unlock the car, I think it doesn`t fully unlocks, because alarm horns for 2-3 seconds when I close the doors or start the engine. Maybe I set something with security and there is a way set or reset default alarm settings ?
Old 09-03-14, 11:25 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

that doesn't sound normal

Is there an aftermarket alarm or are you just touching the sensors in the front door handles to unlock the car?
Old 09-04-14, 01:30 AM
Taurintas
Driver School Candidate

Don't know completely what does it mean aftermarket alarm, but I didn't installed any alarm systems after buying the car, there is original Lexus Double Locking Alarm. I don't use sensors on door handles. If I try to unlock with these doors handles buttons, car starts to horn alarm without stop until I start the engine.
Old 09-05-14, 10:00 AM
embolism
Lead Lap

unlocking the car using the door handles shouldn't set off the alarm. There is definitely something wrong. Take it to the dealer as they might need to connect it to their computer and adjust a setting (why anyone would ever want a setting like that is beyond me though)

or maybe disconnect your battery for 20 minutes to reset the ecu. Keep in mind that you will need to reset your windows and maybe your radio presets.