nataku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
I don't know if I trust this info, you only have 7 posts

just kidding, thanks for the info!
Yeah I'm in Nigeria trying to make sales

I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather trust family than the interwebz
Plus I hear a lot of bs about vivid. I'm still learning about the 2nd gen. Ask me anything about the straight 2jz and I can help, but these new gens are still alien territory to me
Old 12-08-14, 08:32 AM
nataku
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Do you have an IS350? That seems to be the only platform showing any real gains.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Mustang dynos for a long time have been known for giving high readings/results. But the positive out of all of this is that gains were had regardless AND the post-installation results were very similar. Just wish the graphs were actually legible. Those graphs are about the worst I've seen!

We all appreciate those posting their before and after result with these things though!
I have an 08 250 with minimal mods, just axel back and intake.. I'm not backing their claims or even think the money is worth the test. They probably just bought those positive reviews. Let's see them withstand the real test...time
Old 12-08-14, 12:13 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nataku
So, just because I don't have as many post as you and I bought my IS this year, I'm less privileged than you to seek information about making my car possibly better? Dude, what makes you better than me to talk down like that? I'm here hoping someone can share what they know beyond the searches I've been doing. Sorry I'm not a "veteran" and my posts for my 08 is250 on this forum aren't as much as my other forum for my IS300 where I'm over 800. But somehow that makes me "better" than all the newbies on that forum as well right?
The lack of trust stems from some companies give deep discounts for an individual to buy their product and post POSITIVE ONLY reviews of the item online to major forums... The skepticism is nothing personal, but from this forums state of mind, it's too ironic for someone to post positive results when they just joined the forum, and this product has been proved to be useless on an ISF; meaning it's useless on the 2is as well.
Old 12-08-14, 01:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
The lack of trust stems from some companies give deep discounts for an individual to buy their product and post POSITIVE ONLY reviews of the item online to major forums... The skepticism is nothing personal, but from this forums state of mind, it's too ironic for someone to post positive results when they just joined the forum, and this product has been proved to be useless on an ISF; meaning it's useless on the 2is as well.
Not only this, but the number of companies who have claimed to be able to modify Toyota ECMs over the years is staggering. The number who can actually deliver are only three - SARD, Novel, and iCode from Japan. Novel and iCode use SARD's gear. SARD gets help from Toyota.

It is likely the folks in Germany doing the one-off concepts for Lexus also have access, but they have not released anything to the public. At least SARD is well known in Japan for delivering real working changes.

Just do a quick search for "chip" across Club Lexus, or better yet, just focus on the IS-F forum. You won't believe how many liars and scoundrels are out there trying to rip off Lexus owners.
Old 12-08-14, 04:26 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

So, just because I don't have as many post as you and I bought my IS this year, I'm less privileged than you to seek information about making my car possibly better? Dude, what makes you better than me to talk down like that? I'm here hoping someone can share what they know beyond the searches I've been doing. Sorry I'm not a "veteran" and my posts for my 08 is250 on this forum aren't as much as my other forum for my IS300 where I'm over 800. But somehow that makes me "better" than all the newbies on that forum as well right?
Not sure if you're serious..? Hilarious post nonetheless!!

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I made a blanket statement regarding the people posting about having the VR Tune. I don't recall my post having your name in it specifically.

Lower the traps bro, you are behind a keyboard. No one is talking down to you.
Old 12-08-14, 06:26 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pmanliu
How does the butt dyno feel with the chip?
Butt dyno feels great - seems to really open up above 4k rpms. Overall it feels like there is an increase in power throughout the band.

One thing I've noticed is that on warmer days with a good amount of humidity, the engine seems to get heat soaked and the pulls aren't as strong in the lower and mid-range. In cooler weather, this thing feels awesome!

It's been 2 weeks and my cousin has a 2011 250. He says he feels no gains and he is stock.
Sorry, I don't have a 250, so I can't comment on that unfortunately. The 250 graphs on their site doesn't seem like it gained much aside from torque

Pass.. I'm Returning the module to VR. Not worth the risk
I'd rather invest in headers and a short shift
I would agree with you the risk is out there for sure. I'm rolling the dice myself and hoping this flash lasts. You might want to wait for someone else to take the plunge.
And yeah, at this point in time it would be more wise to invest in other power adders.

Originally Posted by heyarms
I completely understand this statement.
Old 12-08-14, 08:08 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
Butt dyno feels great - seems to really open up above 4k rpms. Overall it feels like there is an increase in power throughout the band.

One thing I've noticed is that on warmer days with a good amount of humidity, the engine seems to get heat soaked and the pulls aren't as strong in the lower and mid-range. In cooler weather, this thing feels awesome!

I was just about to post this. I have a 2014 is350 fsport w a Greddy intake and joe-z axel back and I pull hard around the mid 50s to low 40s here in MD. The car just breathes better naturally do to air. To say this, it proves the vr tune is snake oil. It's like that w simple bolt ons
Old 12-08-14, 11:54 PM
l5JLlll
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by l5JLlll; 12-11-14 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-09-14, 08:21 AM
a790
Driver

LOL someone doesn't understand the concept that trust is earned, not given.

Take one vendor known to be somewhat shady, add in a sudden influx of positive news from new posters with basically zero post history, and you're going to run into people calling BS.

If you aren't a scammer/shill/BSer, relax. You'll gain trust over time as you post and people see that you aren't a corporate lackey.

Or, you know, you could spaz out. That's always worked well for people in the past.
Old 12-09-14, 09:34 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by a790

Take one vendor known to be somewhat shady, add in a sudden influx of positive news from new posters with basically zero post history, and you're going to run into people calling BS.

If you aren't a scammer/shill/BSer, relax. You'll gain trust over time as you post and people see that you aren't a corporate lackey.

Or, you know, you could spaz out. That's always worked well for people in the past.
Very well said.

Originally Posted by LexSense

Would it be much trouble for you to record some video of your IS350's instrument panel so we can do a collective analysis on how your tachometer/speedometer is behaving when going WOT from a dig and/or a roll? Do you notice the car reaching redline much sooner than before with this mod? Any additional visual evidence (besides the dyno sheet you provided) to support the differences you've noticed while driving would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-09-14, 10:04 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn lol, I cannot believe this thread is still on-going. Let me know if I'm right or wrong, the current status of this is that the chip provides a very small gain that is not even worth the money. Also, there is doubt that the gain can not sustain the test of time. So ... in conclusion, a no no!
Old 12-09-14, 10:52 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by a790

Exactly.. Well stated.
Old 12-09-14, 11:15 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the difference between your response and LexSense’s…. there are a few things that can be learned there.

If you're new to online forums, relax and go slow... you’ll likely find it easier.
Old 12-09-14, 12:10 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Damn lol, I cannot believe this thread is still on-going. Let me know if I'm right or wrong, the current status of this is that the chip provides a very small gain that is not even worth the money. Also, there is doubt that the gain can not sustain the test of time. So ... in conclusion, a no no!
IS-F owners and IS250 owners have shown not enough of an increase to warrant such an expenditure. However, several IS350 owners have documented GOOD WHP gains on the dyno. Still on the fence though personally.
Old 12-09-14, 01:06 PM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what "several" means to you, nor do I know what you consider "GOOD"
I don't follow all threads and very few forums so I'm only aware of 2 users on this site with documented gains. Are there others? One of the ones I'm talking about is LexSense, who hasn't run the car yet for many miles, so jury is still out on his results (IMO), the other user is foxhole, who got his dyno'd @ vivid, and in was run in 3rd gear. I don't quite know what to make of those last results. If there are other 350 owners who have dyno results maybe you can point me to their posts please?
Thx

Quick Reply: Possible ECU Remapping for IS250/350?