IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Possible ECU Remapping for IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 05:57 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
^^ is that 312 whp i'm seeing after the VR tune? I think its reading a little off.
Yeah the numbers are probably a bit off with the dyno - but at least it's reading consistently.

I can probably try a different place for the longer term dyno test. Lol, costs are sure adding up though XD.

Gonna go update my original post above now with more detailed info.

Originally Posted by metaleckz
OUUUUUUUU lol

I think this is made specifically for 2is/3is engine. Not for isf
I think that may be the case too - but only time will tell to see if this "tune" holds..

I've no idea how this concept of being sort of on track 3 all the time works. From a programmer's perspective, unless this thing is modifying a universal variable that are the same on each PCM (assuming it's doing that), for example, setting this "track 3" to true for each PCM. The ISF may be using a different variable, or maybe it doesn't even have that variable and hence why nothing changed. Or it simply could have just relearned itself as stated.

Last edited by LexSense; 12-05-14 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-05-14, 06:59 PM
nataku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this on Black Friday (after a few beers) and said "screw it, I'll try it"
It still hasn't arrived, but after reading the threads, I'm extremely skeptical now.

I only have an Injen intake and Greddy SP Elite axel back. I doubt I'll be able to get the "claimed" 20 or so hp/ tq

I live in Riverside, SoCal. I know of nowhere to start as far as proving or disproving these claims of Vivid Racing and the VRT-TOY006 ecu flash auto tune

Has anyone else bought this and want to share? Also can anyone point me where to go in SoCal to independently dyno before and after. Just because I have a lexus doesn't mean I'm loaded since I'm in college. Putting this thing on my credit card was a bad idea from the start -_-
Old 12-05-14, 08:02 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Do you have an IS350? That seems to be the only platform showing any real gains.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that Mustang dynos for a long time have been known for giving high readings/results. But the positive out of all of this is that gains were had regardless AND the post-installation results were very similar. Just wish the graphs were actually legible. Those graphs are about the worst I've seen!

We all appreciate those posting their before and after result with these things though!
Old 12-06-14, 10:29 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

What's with all the new people with <10 posts all of the sudden posting about purchasing this..?

Until a veteran forum member with an IS250 or IS350 buys this and posts dyno results I will remain even more skeptical then before.
Old 12-06-14, 01:42 PM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ JB
What's with all the new people with <10 posts all of the sudden posting about purchasing this..?

Until a veteran forum member with an IS250 or IS350 buys this and posts dyno results I will remain even more skeptical then before.
Bingo! I had the very same thoughts myself.
Old 12-06-14, 02:41 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xhackr
Bingo! I had the very same thoughts myself.
I figured that would be the thought process when I first offered to do this.

No one had taken the plunge to offer independent dyno results, aside from the ISF person, for which I already had my module on order while waiting :/

But this is the internet and I can't do anything about trust, I'll just continue to do what I can for the community. But I do understand all of the skepticism though, I myself would have came to the same conclusion.

On another note, I've uploaded a better contrasting graph on my original post to help with readability.
Old 12-07-14, 12:18 AM
xhackr
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
I figured that would be the thought process when I first offered to do this.

No one had taken the plunge to offer independent dyno results, aside from the ISF person, for which I already had my module on order while waiting :/

But this is the internet and I can't do anything about trust, I'll just continue to do what I can for the community. But I do understand all of the skepticism though, I myself would have came to the same conclusion.

On another note, I've uploaded a better contrasting graph on my original post to help with readability.
But I do understand all of the skepticism though, I myself would have came to the same conclusion.
This is good, lest you take it personally. So it is good that you haven't, becasue you shouldn't.

But I'll just continue to do what I can for the community.
Old 12-07-14, 10:23 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Wow. 34WHP/26 torque gain. That is very impressive.
Old 12-07-14, 10:54 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How does the butt dyno feel with the chip?
Old 12-07-14, 11:31 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
If its real. Lol
Old 12-07-14, 07:58 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation POTENTIAL ecu mods?

Hey guys,

I recently posted a question on the general forum of clublexus discussing the presence of toyota police cars--- and their potentially modified ecu's (since police cars tend to be modified)(including ecu)..
This would apply to Lexus' as well, as it is currently believed that we cannot "chip our cars" for increased performance/ power..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8817049

Please take a look, some insight would be great, and there is more exposure on the general forums to get some opinions and potential solutions for our ecu mapping discussion.

Thanks!
Old 12-08-14, 08:06 AM
nataku
Driver School Candidate

So, just because I don't have as many post as you and I bought my IS this year, I'm less privileged than you to seek information about making my car possibly better? Dude, what makes you better than me to talk down like that? I'm here hoping someone can share what they know beyond the searches I've been doing. Sorry I'm not a "veteran" and my posts for my 08 is250 on this forum aren't as much as my other forum for my IS300 where I'm over 800. But somehow that makes me "better" than all the newbies on that forum as well right?
Old 12-08-14, 08:07 AM
nataku
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smokyis350
It's been 2 weeks and my cousin has a 2011 250. He says he feels no gains and he is stock.
Old 12-08-14, 08:08 AM
nataku
Driver School Candidate

Pass.. I'm Returning the module to VR. Not worth the risk

I'd rather invest in headers and a short shift
Old 12-08-14, 08:16 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nataku
It's been 2 weeks and my cousin has a 2011 250. He says he feels no gains and he is stock.
I don't know if I trust this info, you only have 7 posts

just kidding, thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Possible ECU Remapping for IS250/350?