Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My Is250 is now acting like its boggind down

Old 08-08-14, 03:37 AM   #1
dannyboy26
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (8)

danny-boy_263 dannyboy_tuc
Default My Is250 is now acting like its boggind down

from the research I did on here I believe this may be part of our carbon build up problem with the IS250s, so I am thinking of calling my dealer tomorrow morning to see what they can do. I believe that there was a warranty extension do to this problem which puts me at until 2018 to take care of this. Well I am hoping it gets fixed soon as I don't want it to get worse, my question is for anyone that already went through this process what did you all do? We all know how dealers can be sometimes and I do not want them turning me away. Besides telling them what's going with my car what else should I do when I call them about this situation? all help, advice would be really appreciated CL
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
dannyboy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 06:47 AM   #2
tomiv9
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

What do you mean by bogging down? Is it just driving slower or not as responsive? Try resetting ur ECU. Also check/clean air filter. Carbon buildup had distinct symptoms, ie car stuttering like its going to stall out
tomiv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 08:46 AM   #3
Sffd103
Fire Slayer
Trader Score: (16)

My buddy who works as a Lexus me Janice told me to day it was sputtering at stop lights. I had complained once before and this time they did the top engine flush (and my buddy changed my oem plugs that I had brought in for him to swap out). Good luck.
Sffd103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 11:28 AM   #4
aznKewlguy
Driver
Trader Score: (5)

Take it to the dealer, if it is indeed carbon build up they will waive the diagnostic fee and do the necessary fixes. If it isn't you have to pay the diagnostic fee i think it is around $140-160? At least you'll know whats wrong.
aznKewlguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 02:32 PM   #5
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Yeah not as resposnsive, and its hard to tell sometimes but it shakes a tiny bit when coming to a stop... And on cold starts as it heats up and rpms go down it shakes unusually, I know its not tye filter since I keep it clean all the time check it pretty much weekly, appreciate all the help guys will call the dealer and find out whats up. Maybe I fall into the rebuild category test
Old 08-09-14, 11:17 AM   #6
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic

Sounds like the carbon build-up issue it me. Sorry.
Old 08-09-14, 02:51 PM   #7
Valkyrie00
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Okay, here is what happened with our 08 IS250 purchased last year at 52k : after checking service records thru the Lexus website, and finding only minor work was done at 30k, I decided to do the plugs myself at 59k. Went well, although the one side involves R&R a plenum. No problems until a 900 mile road trip noticed hesitation during acceleration. Searched this forum, found the recall info, took it to Sewell Lexus - Plano (Dallas) They pulled the engine,replaced pistons, rings, etc, cleaned intake, etc. (about $4000) BUT it was covered 100% under the recall warranty !!! oh yeah, they wanted to change the plugs again for parts cost only, lol. I said skip it, but they did talk us into a new water pump for $186. We now have 70k on it, runs better, and the warranty is supposed to last for 9 yrs from in service date & unlimited miles. The service rep told me if it EVER has any more issues to just bring it back ! We'll drive it till it forever I hope.
Valkyrie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 05:45 PM   #8
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie00 View Post
Okay, here is what happened with our 08 IS250 purchased last year at 52k : after checking service records thru the Lexus website, and finding only minor work was done at 30k, I decided to do the plugs myself at 59k. Went well, although the one side involves R&R a plenum. No problems until a 900 mile road trip noticed hesitation during acceleration. Searched this forum, found the recall info, took it to Sewell Lexus - Plano (Dallas) They pulled the engine,replaced pistons, rings, etc, cleaned intake, etc. (about $4000) BUT it was covered 100% under the recall warranty !!! oh yeah, they wanted to change the plugs again for parts cost only, lol. I said skip it, but they did talk us into a new water pump for $186. We now have 70k on it, runs better, and the warranty is supposed to last for 9 yrs from in service date & unlimited miles. The service rep told me if it EVER has any more issues to just bring it back ! We'll drive it till it forever I hope.
Thanks for your story, hope mine can be fixed like yours
Old 08-09-14, 09:28 PM   #9
FivesIS
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Hopefully it goes well. Was your issue really noticeable and constant or was it somewhat intermittent?
FivesIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 11:07 PM   #10
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FivesIS View Post
Hopefully it goes well. Was your issue really noticeable and constant or was it somewhat intermittent?
Thats the thing there's days like today that nothing was noticeable and then there's days that it studders and when coming to a complete stop it jumps on me a little with my foot on the brake very weird... And lags acceleration at times
Old 08-10-14, 01:20 PM   #11
FivesIS
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

You had asked me before and I've never noticed anything like that on my is. I would recommend the dealer at the automall, they've treated me pretty good there. Never used the other lexus dealer in town though.
FivesIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 01:20 PM