Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Sewell orders issues... anyone else have issues?

Old 07-21-14, 10:19 AM   #1
NJLexus13
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Default Sewell orders issues... anyone else have issues?

I have ordered quite a good amount of items from Sewell f sport front lips gfx aide skirts floor mats etc... And I have had issues with every order I've placed with them. The f sport front lips they sent me 2 different colors nebula and silver the floor mats they sent me were not for the awd so didn't fit the gfx aide skirts were red painted over in nebula and the red shows thru the paint... Every issue I've had they have corrected so far but to me its like every order I make gets made twice BC the first time it got screwed up. Here's pics of the side skirts lmk if this would be acceptable to any of you
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

NJLexus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 10:22 AM   #2
NJLexus13
Driver

What do you guys think... Am I crazy or should this all have been done right the first time? I can't leave the skirts like this...
Attached Images

Old 07-21-14, 11:50 AM   #3
MEAHT
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

just ordered from them. Other than taking a 3 days to ship nothing was out of order. Id def return those though.
MEAHT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 12:29 PM   #4
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (8)

I hope I don't have similar issues; I'll be purchasing a new, painted front bumper from them soon!

To-date, I've not had a single issue with anything purchased from them.
Old 07-21-14, 03:29 PM   #5
NJLexus13
Driver

I got in touch with them and they are going to send me out another pair of side skirts in a few days after they have them painted but to me its very frustrating... It like going to McDonalds and ordering a burger with no pickles... You get the burger and it has pickles on it... Like whats the deal that's your job... If u work at McDonalds n I order no pickles I expect no pickles... If u work at Sewell and I place an order I expect it not to be messed up or just plain wrong...
Old 07-22-14, 06:52 AM   #6
SubieChik
Pole Position

subie_chik

That would drive me insane.

What gets me though is I'd like to know how the person sending out the parts and QCing everything thinks that is ok or looks acceptable.

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 09:32 AM   #7
dfwjohnd
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

Even though I've never had a cosmetic issue, they have been slower than usual on shipping as of late. Sucks that I live within walking distance of the Dallas Sewell and they won't let me pick up.
dfwjohnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 09:57 AM   #8
SubieChik
Pole Position

subie_chik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwjohnd View Post
Sucks that I live within walking distance of the Dallas Sewell and they won't let me pick up.
Seriously? lol that does suck.

Current '08 IS250 '08 ISF '93 Toyota Soarer GT-T Gone & Missed '06 Subaru Legacy GT SpecB '01 Subaru RSTI '08 Subaru STI
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 11:01 AM   #9
Sewell
Parts Vendor
Trader Score: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJLexus13 View Post
What do you guys think... Am I crazy or should this all have been done right the first time? I can't leave the skirts like this...
For all your orders Dan we're short on determining the problem with each of them as you're citing, but we do see a few mishandled orders - so we do get your point. For your concern relating to the side skirts, you should know we're having another set shipped to you once they become ready.

We're truly sorry for the obvious inconvenience.

Darrel Diller

Sewell Parts at Sewellparts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue | 5100 Bryant Irvin Road
Dallas, TX 75209 | Fort Worth, TX 76132
Tel: 888.909.6633 | Fax: 214.276.1983
Email: lexusparts@sewell.com
Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 11:17 AM   #10
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

I've ordered many things from Sewell and it has gone flawlessly. I had an issue with one item being defective and they RMA'd it without any questions asked. Sorry to see you having these issues, but at least they are pretty responsive.
Old 07-22-14, 01:05 PM   #11
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

I have ordered many times with them. I only had one minor issue which is a missing item. I called them up and they shipped the missing item to me immediately free of charge. So far so good. The only thing i hate is that the shipping price can be quite high even with small item.
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 01:51 PM   #12
rawr2is250
Pole Position

Wow this is surprising. For years I've heard so many good things about Sewell, but as of recently this is like the fourth post i've seen someone complaining.
rawr2is250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 02:11 PM   #13
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (2)

speed_fiendz_norcalis

Love Sewell, never had any problems, their customer service is outstanding too.
Old 07-22-14, 06:18 PM   #14
marks0008
Driver School Candidate

I ordered something and fedex managed to lose it, Sewell shipped me out another item first thing, so I have nothing but good things to say about the customer service, they seem to take legitimate concerns fairly seriously, which is nice to see.
marks0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 07:30 AM   #15
NJLexus13
Driver

Don't get me wrong... I'm a loyal Sewell customer... I've ordered a lot of stuff from there and in the end everything came out alright. This is just very frustrating... Every problem I've had has been quickly resolved by the Sewell parts guys including this newest side skirt issue so I give them props for that. It would just be nice to have a painless transaction without having to return anything or uninstall anything lol
Old 07-23-14, 07:30 AM

Tags
fort, lexus, sewell, texas, worth, www