IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Sewell orders issues... anyone else have issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 12:20 AM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After doing a bunch of bad business and fing up so many orders Sewell Lexus parts online is closed as of March 1st 2015 lol the last thing I did with them was they sold me a set of f sport shocks that was in recall from Lexus and had a stop sale on the part... When I received the part and spoke to my Lexus rep about them I returned the order and got my refund just in time for Sewell to shut down business... Unreal
Old 03-03-15, 02:08 AM
miketranis
Driver School Candidate

Nothing happen to me ever
Old 03-03-15, 08:53 AM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJLexus13
After doing a bunch of bad business and fing up so many orders Sewell Lexus parts online is closed as of March 1st 2015 lol the last thing I did with them was they sold me a set of f sport shocks that was in recall from Lexus and had a stop sale on the part... When I received the part and spoke to my Lexus rep about them I returned the order and got my refund just in time for Sewell to shut down business... Unreal
You know that the stop sale on the F Sport suspension parts is because of the lack of instructions packaged with the suspension parts? I remember not getting any printed instructions on the shocks but they had instructions on the springs.

Quote from Post #30 of that particular thread:
Originally Posted by deestyle28
I too contacted Lexus Corporate and finally received an email after 2 weeks. Below is what they said (from Elizabeth Salazar Lexus Customer Satisfaction)

Those parts are on stop sale 2, which means there are issues with the instructions for installation. Once they get those cleared up we can remove the Stop Sale 2 and allow the dealers to take parts. Won’t have the stop sale cleared until after the first of next year.

Hope this answers everyone's questions. I'm not sure exactly is the issue with instructions as sewell still posts the instructions on how to install on their site.
And on Sewell closing it's on Post #79, it's more that there dealership is growing and changes to their structure rather than poor business or f-ing up orders. A lot of members actually placed last minute orders (myself included) to take the last advantage of their pricing. Of course, there are alternative sites mentioned that should fill the void of the loss of Sewell Parts.

I have spent about 2.5k on their site with no issues.

Last edited by knguyenk; 03-03-15 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-03-15, 01:51 PM
NJLexus13
Pole Position

The reason that there is a stop sale on the f sport shocks has nothing to do with not containing install instructions... It is because the rear shocks are prone to failure and leakage... This is coming straight from my childhood friend at Lexus who is the parts manager.. I agree and I've said this b4 that Sewell has great customer service and they fix the issues that may arise but I too have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from the site and there is an issue more times then not... Some people say that they're great and no issues others say they have screwed up every order they have ever placed.... Just for example... I bought a set of gfx side skirts from them received the skirts and they were madador red painted over with one coat of nebula gray... the point is the skirts were still clearly red... Yeah awesome that when I contacted them and after sending pics to prove the ****ty over paintjob they sent me a new set after I returned the old ones but how many times can they send messed up parts n then go oh I'm sorry I'll fix it... Shouldn't it have been done right the first time? I ordered awd f sport floor mats... They sent me rwd which dont fit... Returned oh sorry here are the correct ones... This is a pattern not a fluke thing that happens every now and then... And not for nothing but if you had a part with a stop sale on it from corporate would you sell the item to your customers without even telling them there is a stop sale on the item?

Last edited by NJLexus13; 03-03-15 at 02:01 PM.