IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

fight red light ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-14, 06:50 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've appeared in court and knew I was guilty for a loud stereo citation. I pled guilty and the judge cut the fine in half... I paid after the fine was reduced.

If you have an early court time maybe the cop will no show if he's on grave yard

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 07-13-14 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 02:29 AM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was issued by an officer at 10pm at night. the light was a close call but i accelerated enough to make sure i could make it past the line when light was still yellow.
Speeding up to get though a yellow light is illegal in most states. If you cant make it going the normal speed limit you need to stop....

You are going to loose, if the guy shows up.
Old 07-14-14, 02:36 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

hate to say it but you didnt make it apparently. if the light is red before your front tires are over the white line, then you ran the red light and agreed, yellow doesnt mean speed up.

i would just pay the small fine and move on. its 3 hours away, not worth the hassle.
Old 07-14-14, 07:42 AM
mrkim
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GUILTY!!!! no cookie for you for 2 months...
Old 07-14-14, 08:43 AM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

When these people are telling you about a link with the video and photo's they are referring to what's now outlawed here in California, the signal camera's that snap photo's of cars plate numbers, up close photo's of your face, and a video link to watch yourself in the act. I've gotten one here in CA, and there is no beating it. Or there "was" no beating it, if you tried saying it wasn't you, well guess what, you have to provide with there signature, who it actually was then. And yep, costed about $480. But check this out. My buddy just got a ticket or rolling a stop sign, he said he didn't, cop went back to his car, brought him a little screen, and replayed the entire California roll, but besides that, even if he didn't have the footage, which my friend couldn't believe he was actually equipped with, I've seen people try and claim not guilty. When it comes down to it, guess what, that police officer, is a sworn officer, if he deems it worthy of a ticket, the judge doesn't give a rats about what you have to say, it's his word over ours just because that's his duty, to enforce the law "truthfully" but! I don't discourage you from going in, I'd just plea no contest, and let the judge know the truth behind the matter right then and there, you have all the right to briefly tell her what you think happened even know it's not a trial. I watched a guy that was a lawyer RIP A COP APART! It was so bad a**, he made the cop look like such an idiot, asked him a bunch of questions about the incident, then asked him, "and officer that night, you asked me what I did for a living, you remember asking me that right? Cop says yes, and he goes, what I reply with?" The officer said, yea your are.. Whatever the cop said, and the lawyer goes, wrong, I told you I was a lawyer, and if your memory is not able to retain such information as significant as that, then your memory of that day holds no value... Btw, the cops answers for most of the questions, were all wrong it was great.. But, guess what, He walked out of that court room with a fine OF!!!!! ....... $480. Didn't do a thing, why? Because the "man"said so. Court is adjourned ladies and gentlemen.
You plead not guilty, your going to lose, and in that case you will be hit with the maximum penalty when you do. Just a warning. It's a filthy system and I feel for you. Sorry bro. Just be glad you don't live in my state...

Oh and btw, if you think about it, any person in there right mind would have remembered, esp a cop if told you were a lawyer, guaranteed the guy lied and set that cop up for that question in court... Cop prob did remember... Anyhow... Good luck.

^^^ product of being bored at work LOL!!

Last edited by GSGenesis; 07-14-14 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-14-14, 09:17 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like others have said, he's a sworn officer holding up the law. "Speeding up" isn't an excuse and if he saw you then that's it. Being dark at night had nothing to so with anything because there are street lamps, headlights, and stop lights so he can see it all. You can try and postpone several times if you'd like but just FYI? Cops get paid like 4 hours of overtime to go to court and some make lots of extra cash doing it so that's a 50/50. Just tell the judge if he/she can reduce tr fine because you can't afford it. The won't move it to your city btw. Good luck and start $aving!
Old 07-14-14, 12:25 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Like others have said, he's a sworn officer holding up the law. "Speeding up" isn't an excuse and if he saw you then that's it. Being dark at night had nothing to so with anything because there are street lamps, headlights, and stop lights so he can see it all. You can try and postpone several times if you'd like but just FYI? Cops get paid like 4 hours of overtime to go to court and some make lots of extra cash doing it so that's a 50/50. Just tell the judge if he/she can reduce tr fine because you can't afford it. The won't move it to your city btw. Good luck and start $aving!
Yep, unfortunately what this man says is all factual, and I'm not to sure as to where this happened with you, but I know as a fact that you can postpone as many times as you possibly can, that's actually a very common tactic practiced in criminal court in hopes to flood the D.A with more important or significant matters, to the point where she may have no more interest in pursuing whatever actions she may be, but in traffic court, haha, that working is pretty much equivalent to the chances of the judge actually accepting a continuance by the DA for a traffic violation, neither happen.. Neither will work should I say... Plus, my main point was, police officers now get disciplined for no show, in which if they have a valid excuse, they, reschedule looking forward to an easy day of Triple OT baby! Or whatever ever it is lol, but yea... Don't waste your time, health, an stress over it, just show up, and take this from me, plea N/C and speak the the judge respectfully at all times obviously, BUT! Speak to them as another human being, explain your hardships, explain your side of the story, if she interrupts you an try's to stop you, kindly tell her like I have done and seen many do, and it works, that you believe it's only fair that she, and yourself get to tell and hear both sides of the story in which she as her duty, and trust in your oath, should just simply take into consideration that the penalty is far beyond the crime in this matter and to please take it into consideration when choosing how hard she is going to ultimately bend you over and... HAHAHA... Ills stop there... Tell her a few things about yourself if there are any positive things about you, lol which it seems like your a good guy... Trust me, catch there attention for a moment and they will work with it. I went though a VERY large court case, not going to even explain anything, but my lawyer could not have stressed it and embedded one thing into my head anymore then he did, in my case, suit and tie OR DONT SHOW UP. Just look presentable beyond presenting for respect. Traffic court id def. Go in slacks with a nice T with a tie. Thats all... "Good morning your honor, HOW ARE YOU?" The smallest dumbest ****** believe me adds positivity into her head... I know a lot of this is no brainer obvious info, but hey some need it.any how I'm done sorry for babbling, So I hope someone benefits from it.
Old 07-14-14, 12:32 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Btw sffd your ride is dam slick my man.... So jealous! But what's up you not running the wheels on your avatar photo? You have both or something?
Old 07-14-14, 12:39 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Yup, cops are given incentives to go to court in CA since they were loosing out so much money from no shows.
Old 07-14-14, 01:30 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGenesis
Btw sffd your ride is dam slick my man.... So jealous! But what's up you not running the wheels on your avatar photo? You have both or something?
You got some good info here and speaking to the judge with respect and as a human wit confidence is huge!

Those wheels in my avatar are the wheels I had on the car in all the links under my posts. I sold tr car and a new kid has it who's trying to sell it and telling people he built the car at meets. Lol
Old 07-14-14, 03:27 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

I would do a trial by written declaration and if you loose move on with life. It takes 15 min to fill out the paperwork and send it off. All they can say is you were guilty and you have to pay the fine. If you loose it just costs you 15 min and a stamp as opposed to a full day going to court. I did thisf for my last illegal turn ticket and the cop never responded to the written declaration and I got off completely free.
Old 07-15-14, 09:09 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

thanks everyone for your inputs! sounds like it's a 50/50. i think i will do it just because i dont think this case was that black and white..

For the appear in court option, can i postpone court date, then do trial by written declaration later?

or do i plead not guilty and pay the fine first, then request a court trial date (or written declaration) and postpone it and hopefully i win and get a refund?
Old 07-15-14, 02:55 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

When I did it I had to pay the fine when I filed the written declaration paperwork. You do not admit any quilt that is just the process CA has. If you win they will mail you a check refunding your payment. If you loose you have the option of taking the case to court for a hearing if you choose to go that way. This is why I always file the written declaration paperwork as it take little effort and can save you from going to court.
Old 07-15-14, 03:09 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

oh that is a good point. if i win by written declaration that will save me a trip. if i lose i can still request a court date and keep postponing it?
Old 07-15-14, 08:55 PM
GSGenesis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
You got some good info here and speaking to the judge with respect and as a human wit confidence is huge!

Those wheels in my avatar are the wheels I had on the car in all the links under my posts. I sold tr car and a new kid has it who's trying to sell it and telling people he built the car at meets. Lol
Yea it truly is, psychological influence as odd as it may sound, is HUGE! As hard as it may sound because so many people go up there and just turn white... are so easily intimidated, and due to that, they don't ask for the world of options that the judge KNOWS! She could offer you, but doesn't, why? Haha well we all know why... But! because of the amount of peope they see a day, all we naturally become to them are case numbers, not people... And that's due to all of the people they see, and unfortunatly just fall to being poor victims that don't know how to speak for themselves, and unfortunatly won't even give it a try... Doing that, won't get yuk anything but pretty much what the tricket is worth out of your pocket... What's the worst that can happen? The same as if you didn't speak up right?? But anyhow,
I DIDNT EVEN SEE THOSE PICS! Holy! Yea man that thing was built so proper! What a stance Jesus Christ man that photo from the rear is so bad! Why'd you sell it?! One of those "accomplished now for the next" type things? Those wheels we're just on the money for that car looks and fitment dam.... But lol hold on, so they kid that purchased it off you, and actually has the nerve to say.... He built it?! HAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's just so.... God I don't know what to say, but I've met peope like that, and it's like, how don't these people just feel ashamed knowing themselves.... That they are just lyeing... I'd feel so dam...... God the word won't come to mind but it's more than ashamed of myself, but.... Hahaha! It's like someone who sends there motor out to get compleltly done up, which is fine, completely, that's why there are those that offer the services of doing so! More power to you! But then go telling people that they...... Built the motor.. In there garage... LOL! How could you!?!! Hahaha! Sick build though dude done proper for sure.

Quick Reply: fight red light ticket?