IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Roadrover CL8018 8" Navigation IMPORTANT INFO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 03:29 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What navigation are you guys using on your units? I don't have the China unit but got a FlyAudio and it came with an illegal copy of the maps. Now I want iGo8 but don't know how to get it. Any help?
Old 10-28-14, 04:18 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got both iGO8 and iGO primo on my unit. Have had better luck with iGO8 and use that mostly though. Can't remember which forum, but there's one out there that is all about navigation units and GPS software, they should have all the files. Shouldn't be too hard to find with a google search. If not, try torrents.
Old 10-29-14, 03:41 PM
kurtismt19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I still use my usb input thats inside my center console for iPod playback or does it get disconnected and I can only use the new input that the aftermarket comes with?
Old 10-29-14, 04:38 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kurtismt19
Can I still use my usb input thats inside my center console for iPod playback or does it get disconnected and I can only use the new input that the aftermarket comes with?
You will unplug the USB port from the back side and plug in the cable from the Roadrover unit. So, where you would plug in cables or flash drives will remain the same, but the actual plug on the back side goes to the new unit now.

Also, you get a completely separate iPOD cable. So I currently have a flash drive plugged into the USB and an iPOD hooked up at all times.
Old 11-23-14, 08:55 AM
QuocTran
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I've finally got my roadrover installed! Everything is working great. Even the temperature is in Fahrenheit by default. The backup camera was quite a pain to install... especially with all the soldering lol. Anyway, thanks for the guide! Helped out a lot.

I'm trying to redesign the GUI. Can't decide on a color though. Might even do multicolor but there are too many colors to choose from. Any opinions? I really like the green and blue.

Roadrover Main Screen
Old 11-23-14, 09:17 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Info!

I knew the USB had to be changed from the cable that comes with the kit.. guess radio shack it is jejej

thanks!!
Old 11-24-14, 08:58 AM
sYnOnYx
Driver School Candidate

I adjusted my clock 2hours back and it FINALLY stopped changing the time randomly on me.... Odd...

Only issue now is under climate it shows the outside temp as Celsius and I want it in Fahrenheit.
Old 01-09-15, 08:54 PM
QuocTran
Driver School Candidate

how did you get the video playback to work?
I'm trying to play movies off the SD card. They are .avi format which I think the codec comes as a plugin in one of the folders.
Does it only work with a USB flash drive?
Old 01-10-15, 12:22 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by QuocTran
how did you get the video playback to work?
I'm trying to play movies off the SD card. They are .avi format which I think the codec comes as a plugin in one of the folders.
Does it only work with a USB flash drive?
Should be bale to play from the SD card. Try different video files and see if they work.
Old 01-12-15, 07:21 PM
corbryant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by QuocTran
So I've finally got my roadrover installed! Everything is working great. Even the temperature is in Fahrenheit by default. The backup camera was quite a pain to install... especially with all the soldering lol. Anyway, thanks for the guide! Helped out a lot.

I'm trying to redesign the GUI. Can't decide on a color though. Might even do multicolor but there are too many colors to choose from. Any opinions? I really like the green and blue.

Roadrover Main Screen
How the hell did you get the temp to display in Fahrenheit?!? Been trying to figure that one out for over a year. By the way, if you are still having issues watching movies, the unit is very finicky about codecs and resolution. I've had to convert a lot of my movies to a lower resolution and/or a different format. MP4 and AVI seems to be what it likes.

Last edited by corbryant; 01-12-15 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-10-15, 02:11 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Someone please help me, I want to buy this Roadrover unit, but I can't find it at all on aliexpress! Would somebody please post a link here on where I can buy this.
Old 10-12-15, 02:13 PM
QuocTran
Driver School Candidate

The last time I was looking for this product, every seller on aliexpress was sold out. I had to get mine through eBay for about $700. I told myself it was cheaper than getting an OEM installed... to ease the pain I felt in my wallet.

It seems like a new model came out on alibaba. Search for "lexus is250 navigation"

Also, if you do get a quote and purchase one, please let us know! I would really like to get the new software included in the new model.
Old 10-15-15, 12:43 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just wondering about a couple of things with bluetooth:

1) Does it register more than one phone and does it automatically connect to the closest one upon car startup.

2) Does it read the phonebook automatically, or do you have to transfer your contacts to the stereo.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-15, 03:12 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by valeoray
Just wondering about a couple of things with bluetooth:

1) Does it register more than one phone and does it automatically connect to the closest one upon car startup.

2) Does it read the phonebook automatically, or do you have to transfer your contacts to the stereo.

Thanks!
Don't have too high of expectations for the bluetooth. It works, but not overly well. Mine isn't very clear and it's really only convenient for just answering the phone when you get a call.
Old 10-15-15, 05:03 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Don't have too high of expectations for the bluetooth. It works, but not overly well. Mine isn't very clear and it's really only convenient for just answering the phone when you get a call.
My 2011 is250 already has Bluetooth. I wonder if I could still maintain the external mic.

Quick Reply: Roadrover CL8018 8" Navigation IMPORTANT INFO