Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

My 2010 Starfire IS220d F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-17, 02:25 PM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 2010 Starfire IS220d F-Sport

Recently sold my 07 is220d SE and moved up to this 2010 is220d F Sport. Not much done with it yet as only have it about two weeks but it will get there. Apparently there are, in total, less than 300 is220d F Sports in the UK/northern ireland so im guessing starfire pearl ones will also thin those numbers out. The late generation facelift in the UK came with a de-tuned version of the is220d engine along with a model name change to is200d as well as a drop of 20hp and probably about 30-40lbft of torque. I had originally considered upgrading to a late facelift is200d F Sport and basically undoing the stupid lexus UK de-tuning but on looking into it they changed things in the high pressure fuel system among others and it would cost a small fortune to even attempt. Be easier to facelift the 09-11 up to the 12-13 bumpers etc.

So anyway this car had 71k miles when i bought it a couple weeks ago. So far i got the rear tinted 20%. Threw in some michiba 3k yellow fog bulbs, have a few other exterior lighting tweaks in the pipeline.

I have swapped over the tuning box from my old 07 is220d so that should bump this one up to about 345lbft/192bhp (old one dynoed that on the tuning box alone) which is a start. I have also added the ronbox i had laying around from when i pulled it out when the old one got a remap so maybe 350/195ish? Will be getting this one remapped like the previous is220d which should hit similar power figures with more or less the same things done though i may try to push a little further than my previous best on the old car of 383lbft/231bhp.

I will likely be swapping the H&R springs from my old 220d into the new one which saves me buying another set of springs.

Most recently (just today actually) i got the number plate transferred from the plain old one that was on when i bought the car to about as close as you can possibly get in UK plate formats to "F Sport". The new reg plates on the car are FF59 ORT, i might be brave and get a set of plates made with the space moved so it reads FF 59ORT and see how long i can run that way begore i get a slap on the wrist lol

Heres a few pics of the car as well as my old one being in the background of most of the pics.

UUI plate is a goner.. Nice little f sport reference plate is on the car now.

Old 04-18-17, 05:38 AM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Not alot happening on the car yet. Waiting for delivery of some ventshade wind deflectors, f sport is250/is350 lower airbox, f sport gear ****, turbo blanket/gold heat reflective tape and some misc lights/led's.

been slowly going over any scuffs or scratches i find on the car as i get more familiar with the bodywork on this car. Need to de-tar it again as only gave it a quick once over after i got it. Also waiting on some bilt hamber fallout remover. Want to get the paint as free from foreign contaminants as possible and then maybe hit the whole car with my DA. Yesterday i went over some touch ups i did and wet sanded down/buffed back up as well as taking out some more small scuffs etc i noticed going around the car. Just before the sun went down i got wrapped up and got a layer of soft99 fusso applied to the car which should tide it over until i can start fully going over it one or two panels at a time.

I have an idea looks wise of what i want to do with the car. Most likely going to play with contrasting colours. Looking at gunmetal or anthracite sort of grey for either some aftermarket 19's or refinishing the stock F Sport 18's. Im on the fence whether to stay all white body wise or whether to add some contrast with black roof and/or black or carbon lip/spoiler etc.

Anyway heres a couple after the fusso treatment yesterday.
Old 04-18-17, 05:43 AM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Oh yea.. Forgot to give the interior some love here lol nothing fancy just all black F Sport trim. Yea i also have a 1g IS (is200) for the eagle eyed that spotted it in thr background. Its my little plaything/underpowered drift ****.

Old 04-18-17, 12:53 PM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Tweaked the settings on the tuning box i pilfered from my old is220d SE before sale. Had turned it down a bit chasing an issue on the old car and never turned it back to where it was before i stuck it in the f sport.

My philips 4k LED sidelights came today so chucked those in. Have new HID bulbs coming for the low beams, LED reverse lights coming, wind deflectors, f sport gear **** and f sport lower airbox among other things.
4k LED on the right, stock on the left.
Both done
Dtuk/DTE systems tuning box and the little black box is a ronbox (like a fuel cut defender with a couple extra additional tricks). Will net more power once i get the DPF gutted and remapped same as my last is220d.
Engine cover pilfered from my previous is220d. Thinking of getting it painted to match the car and getting the lexus emblem deleted and just running an F badge where the emblem is/was.
Old 04-19-17, 03:37 PM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Massive updates here but sure the smaller things need lovin too lol

Fitting stuff as its been arriving. Got some packages to collect from post office tomorrow. Hoping my wind deflectors and/or f sport lower airbox are among them.

Anyway this evening i pulled out the philips XenEco d4s hid bulbs and installed the lunex 8k ultra platinums i ordered.

Ultra Plat 8k on left, XenEco on right.
All done.. Now the 4k philips LED sidelights suddenly dont look so white.
Old 04-26-17, 02:00 AM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Wind deflectors arrived and fitted along with the H&R springs from my old silver is220d. Starting to look ok now.
Old 04-28-17, 12:50 AM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

Michiba 3k highs in and another pic since the H&R's were swapped in from my old 2is.

Old 04-30-17, 06:04 AM
DmcL325i
Driver School Candidate

F Sport gear **** added because why not lol

Old 08-26-17, 01:51 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very clean car. Love the F Sport shift **** man! Props man.