IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus dealership good with lowered cars?

Old 06-26-14, 04:57 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lexus dealership good with lowered cars?

So I'm about to get an oil change this week and this is the first oil change I've done on the car. Had it for 2 months. This is also my first lowered car so if I bring it to the dealership for a complete oil change, will they charge me extra and will they do the driving while I wait in the lobby? I've heard so many stories of damaged cars from dealerships so I just want to know the procedure. On the phone they quoted me $75. I just wanted to do it a the dealership every once in a while so that when I sell my vehicle, they can just check the VIN number on Lexus Owners as proof.
Old 06-26-14, 05:03 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Just talk with service manager and walk him around your car to check for dings/scratches and to show him the condition of your wheels. Wheels getting curbed are probably my biggest fear when i had to drop my car off for recall work, but i dont use the dealer for anything anymore. You should be fine. Oh and opt out of a free car wash, they will swirl your paint. lol
Old 06-26-14, 05:16 AM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heyarms
Just talk with service manager and walk him around your car to check for dings/scratches and to show him the condition of your wheels. Wheels getting curbed are probably my biggest fear when i had to drop my car off for recall work, but i dont use the dealer for anything anymore. You should be fine. Oh and opt out of a free car wash, they will swirl your paint. lol
Wow thanks for the heads up. I was reading all these yelp reviews and people sounded so happy about the car wash. Glad you told me otherwise. Will keep this in mind. Might even reconsider using the dealership..
Not a necessity
Old 06-26-14, 06:56 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Changing the oil yourself is much cheaper and super easy. The only reason I am taking my 250 to the dealershipfor oil changes is because of the carbon build up issue. Subarus have a known problem for spinning a bearing. I have had 4 friends so far that have taken their cars to Subaru and they denied their warranty claim because they didn't did have documentation or proof of oil changes. I'm not letting that happen to me LOL......so until my 9 years is up Lexus will be changing my oil
Old 06-26-14, 07:01 AM
ISland350
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had normal Lexus services up to 50,000 ....coils went on, never went back. Change the oil myself. Last time it went in was for cam recall. Afraid what a tech would bottom out on
Old 06-26-14, 10:13 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I have been to Longo Lexus service many times. They drove pretty carefully on my car, no ding, no wheel curb no nothing. However, sometimes they forgot and still washed my car even though i said NO WASH. My car got some swirl right away but I finally polish and Opticoat the car so it is shiny again.
Old 06-26-14, 10:24 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoyOhBoy
So I'm about to get an oil change this week and this is the first oil change I've done on the car. Had it for 2 months. This is also my first lowered car so if I bring it to the dealership for a complete oil change, will they charge me extra and will they do the driving while I wait in the lobby? I've heard so many stories of damaged cars from dealerships so I just want to know the procedure. On the phone they quoted me $75. I just wanted to do it a the dealership every once in a while so that when I sell my vehicle, they can just check the VIN number on Lexus Owners as proof.
Originally Posted by ISland350
Had normal Lexus services up to 50,000 ....coils went on, never went back. Change the oil myself. Last time it went in was for cam recall. Afraid what a tech would bottom out on
It really just depends where you go. Since you are already looking at the Yelp reviews you are off to a good start. As mentioned earlier talking to the service manager and just letting them know how to take care of your lowered ride should be sufficient. I do recommend that you go on a day when they are not full or busy, as I have taken my past cars at the dealer when it was lowered and have had them scrape my lip because they were busy. I learned the hard way, since it was busy they were rushing so never brought it again.
Old 06-26-14, 12:30 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

I've never had a single issue with the dealership having my lowered 2IS. They even did an alignment on mine being slammed, and not a signal complaint...I only got compliments on the car.
Old 06-26-14, 12:35 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My car is lowered and I always check for scrapes before I leave . I dont see any additional scrapes lol
Old 06-26-14, 03:39 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you going to Stevens Creek Lexus? Josh always takes his IS350 there and watches through the window.
Old 06-26-14, 04:54 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

dealership that i used to go to couldn't jack up my car after lowered anymore, so i been traveling further to get work done.
Old 06-26-14, 07:41 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Are you going to Stevens Creek Lexus? Josh always takes his IS350 there and watches through the window.
Hahaha yep, one and only dealer nearby. Lexus of Stevens Creek! I'm actually quite nervous about bringing it there now and I also heard that it costs even more for synthetic oil (Like $100) I just went to Costco and bought the pack of 6 of 10w-30 Mobil 1 for $28. Bought an aftermarket oil filter from O' Reily for $9. Going to just drop it off and my friends' family shop tomorrow morning. How do I get rid of the blinking "Oil Maintenance Change Soon" whenever I start the car.

Subiechik

Will bringing it to the dealer prevent the carbon build up. I haven't done much research on the problem.
Old 06-26-14, 07:46 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Talk to Todd Rebhan at service. He knows all about lowered cars and will take care of you. They will do your oil change on the drive on alignment rack to prevent any unnecessary scrapping.
Old 06-26-14, 08:52 PM
ISland350
Lead Lap

How do I get rid of the blinking "Oil Maintenance Change Soon" whenever I start the car.
Foot off brake, key in hand hold down the odometer button turn car on in accessory mode...wait for odometer to read "all 0s"
Old 06-27-14, 04:12 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Subiechik

Will bringing it to the dealer prevent the carbon build up. I haven't done much research on the problem.
It is a pretty big problem with the 250's from what I've read. Bringing it to the dealer won't prevent it, but it will be documented proof that I did the oil changes and at the required intervals. I don't know if Lexus is like Subaru, but Subaru does everything in their power to try and deny engine warranty claims and it's pretty easy when most people don't keep all their receipts from oil changes.

I might be overcautious but I'd hate to screw myself over in the end ya know?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus dealership good with lowered cars?