IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why do I scrape on only one side?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-14, 10:10 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Could it be because I moved the top thing on the Bc coilovers. Think I might have messed with the presets on accident. Anyone know how to change it back? Like how many inches is it when stock and how do I measure that part.
Old 06-08-14, 01:44 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your still rubbing on the tab area even though you relocated it, also NorCal... We don't have the smoothest of roads up here which contributes a lot to rubbing. It's your weight that throws it off, your also very low on meaty tires. You can raise it up a bit to get rid of it, or you can just learn to live with it, I recommend the latter, thats what I did. No rub no love!
Old 06-08-14, 01:49 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Also by top thing do you mean your dampening setting? If so just turn them the same way until they stop, then they are even again. If your talking about the coil itself, get a measuring tape out, measure the from the top of where threads are showing to the bottom, should give you an idea of how even you are. Or try the good ole top of the fender arch to the concrete measurement.
Old 06-08-14, 03:26 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
Also by top thing do you mean your dampening setting? If so just turn them the same way until they stop, then they are even again. If your talking about the coil itself, get a measuring tape out, measure the from the top of where threads are showing to the bottom, should give you an idea of how even you are. Or try the good ole top of the fender arch to the concrete measurement.
I was talking about how there's three rings you could turn. Two on the top, and one on the bottom. Instead of like twisting the whole coils, I used the lowering metal thing that came with the coils and I think I mightve turned the ring that messes with the preload. Or it could be my weight
Old 06-10-14, 09:37 AM
Cyanide52
Rookie

That's what I have too , driver side rubs other side fine