IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cam recall nightmare!!

Old 05-23-14, 07:57 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default .................

Originally Posted by Zinda
What scumship was this at so I know to avoid them.
Lexus Of Lehigh Valley
4500 Broadway, Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 530-6900
Old 05-23-14, 08:57 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ...............

Spoke to the general manager and explained everything to him. I also told him we own 3 Lexus vehicles that I would never take to his dealership for service and that I was a Club Lexus member and would spread the word for anyone with a Lexus not to take their car to them and avoid them at all cost!

The service manager kept insisting that the bottom portion of the F sport intake uses the OEM bottom portion of the air box. I gave them P/N PTR0353100 which clearly shows what the entire F sport kit brings:

1) The kit replaces the bottom half of the Lexus filter enclosure with a custom intake that generates a throatier sound and a small increase in rear-wheel horsepower
2) The filter assembly feeds the engine throttle body through a polished, clear-coated aluminum tube displaying a TIG-welded, machined-aluminum F Sport logo
3) High-flow, low restriction air filter can be cleaned and reused for the life of the vehicle

This got them scared I am sure because they are now ordering a new kit for me.

I don't trust them so I will look at everything once they re-do this whole thing again.

I would expect things of this nature from a Pep Boys but from Lexus?????

This is a new LOW!
Old 05-23-14, 09:02 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Spoke to the general manager and explained everything to him. I also told him we own 3 Lexus vehicles that I would never take to his dealership for service and that I was a Club Lexus member and would spread the word for anyone with a Lexus not to take their car to them and avoid them at all cost!

The service manager kept insisting that the bottom portion of the F sport intake uses the OEM bottom portion of the air box. I gave them P/N PTR0353100 which clearly shows what the entire F sport kit brings:

1) The kit replaces the bottom half of the Lexus filter enclosure with a custom intake that generates a throatier sound and a small increase in rear-wheel horsepower
2) The filter assembly feeds the engine throttle body through a polished, clear-coated aluminum tube displaying a TIG-welded, machined-aluminum F Sport logo
3) High-flow, low restriction air filter can be cleaned and reused for the life of the vehicle

This got them scared I am sure because they are now ordering a new kit for me.

I don't trust them so I will look at everything once they re-do this whole thing again.

I would expect things of this nature from a Pep Boys but from Lexus?????

This is a new LOW!
Even if they make this right don't ever go there again and make sure to spread the word.
Old 05-23-14, 09:25 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I would recommend that you take all the FSport intake parts from them and install it yourself.
Old 05-23-14, 11:04 AM
Davidcv4
Driver

Happy ending to a sad story, but even then it is still bittersweet because you got the intake you wanted at the expense of your time and patience. Not professional at all and you should definitely still report to corporate.
Old 05-23-14, 11:21 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Davidcv4
Happy ending to a sad story, but even then it is still bittersweet because you got the intake you wanted at the expense of your time and patience. Not professional at all and you should definitely still report to corporate.
Agreed, report to corporate!
This is why as much as possible I prefer to do my own work when possible, regardless of where you go LEXUS, BMW.. etc there is always that one dumb mechanic that will work on your car and mess something up. Unless you know for certain who your mechanic is and will be the only one working on your pride and joy.

Sorry to hear your troubles but hope you spread even in the local region forums!
Go to a new dealer or a mom and pop shop with a reputable mechanic that you can trust.
Old 05-23-14, 11:25 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by azfsprt
Agreed, report to corporate!
This is why as much as possible I prefer to do my own work when possible, regardless of where you go LEXUS, BMW.. etc there is always that one dumb mechanic that will work on your car and mess something up. Unless you know for certain who your mechanic is and will be the only one working on your pride and joy.

Sorry to hear your troubles but hope you spread even in the local region forums!
Go to a new dealer or a mom and pop shop with a reputable mechanic that you can trust.
This is the only mechanic I trust on my car!

Old 05-23-14, 12:27 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ......

Originally Posted by Davidcv4
This is far from over, I am sure there will be more to it until I last inspect my car once they are finally done.

For now they ordered a new Fsport intake kit for me ..... we will see whats next.
Old 05-23-14, 03:09 PM
bruins678
Rookie

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
There is no way the oem Lexus / Toyota filter is the same as the F Sport type as the F sport is high flow and designed for it. The OEM Lexus is more restrictive.
If that's what you want to believe, I won't try to change your mind or hijack your thread...I'm just trying to help. I've had the blue F-sport drop in filter in my IS350 and there was no difference in sound or performance over the OEM filter (used with an F sport bottom air box and JoeZ tube) so I'm just trying to warn you not to get your hopes up...but there's plenty of other threads that back me on that so I'll leave it at that. Getting the bottom air box WILL make a difference in sound.
Old 05-23-14, 07:22 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

The saga continues!

Try going to a Lexus dealership and ask GFX components for a 2IS...they'll go cross-eyed! LOL
Old 05-24-14, 10:23 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Originally Posted by bruins678
If that's what you want to believe, I won't try to change your mind or hijack your thread...I'm just trying to help. I've had the blue F-sport drop in filter in my IS350 and there was no difference in sound or performance over the OEM filter (used with an F sport bottom air box and JoeZ tube) so I'm just trying to warn you not to get your hopes up...but there's plenty of other threads that back me on that so I'll leave it at that. Getting the bottom air box WILL make a difference in sound.
That's ok this argument is the least of my worries my dude. Thanks for the info. Just want them bastards to pay!
Old 05-29-14, 07:15 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default Update 5.29.14

So they took my car yesterday (again) and they now installed a new complete F sport intake system I am happy with it but I liked the Fujita better!

My buddy is gonna repair the Fujita and I think it will go back on my car. I may give the f sport to my daughter, she has a 250.

I cant trust the mechanic so I will need to take the intake apart this weekend to make sure they did installed the bottom F sport piece and blue filter.

They are asking for 10 star rating when Lexus calls...........I laughed and hung up the phone.
Old 05-29-14, 09:26 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a similar thing happen to my car with the lexus dealer. Guess those morons are too lazy to undo two bolts and they decided to friction break my home made bracket.
Old 05-29-14, 12:57 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

The Fujita is definitely louder (its what I have); all my friends seem to enjoy it, as do I.