IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

To lose or keep the F-Sport badge... that is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 10:36 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep. I too have the luxury package. Too many features to ignore compared to f sport package. You can add f sport parts but it's difficult or impossible to add the rear sun shade or auto wipers etc. I say keep it on as the only f sport accessory you're missing is the exhaust. I only have f sport intake and shift **** so I don't think I deserve the badge yet.
Old 05-14-14, 12:39 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by istarzan
Keep. I too have the luxury package. Too many features to ignore compared to f sport package. You can add f sport parts but it's difficult or impossible to add the rear sun shade or auto wipers etc. I say keep it on as the only f sport accessory you're missing is the exhaust. I only have f sport intake and shift **** so I don't think I deserve the badge yet.
And the f sport steering wheel

On the side note: it was so hot here in norcal that I used my cooling/ventilated seats!!!
Old 05-14-14, 01:39 AM
ZoeZhe04
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kerp it! Looking good.
Old 05-14-14, 04:58 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Gosh I didn't know people get all snooty over badges from a cosmetic package LOL.

OP keep it if you like it....at the end of the day it's your car and that's all that matters.
Old 05-14-14, 09:01 AM
stewb10
Driver

Yea, I'd say your car is more F-sport than most of the guys with the badges from the factory. If you like the look, keep it, and remember that haters are always gonna hate. It's what they do best.
Old 05-14-14, 09:07 AM
Dan37tZ
Driver School Candidate

IN MY OPINION, (no offense F-sport owners), the factory F-Sport packages from Lexus are the ultimate poser packages. All show...no go.

I'm sorry, but once you slap the "F-Sport" badge on a Hybrid that goes 0-60 in 10 seconds, you lose all credibility in my book Lexus. Ain't nothing sporty about a CT200h F-Sport that is slower than your everyday Prius. Lol, I'm surprised they haven't made an F-Sport LX 570 land whale yet...

OP, you're my buddy so I'm gonna put it plainly, you should lose the badges in my opinion, your car right now with your dealer F-sport parts will out-perform ANY factory F-Sport package any day and looks much cleaner without it. Plus you don't want people to mistake your car for the factory rice package...ahem...F-Sport package IS350.
Old 05-14-14, 09:20 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by metaleckz
And the f sport steering wheel

On the side note: it was so hot here in norcal that I used my cooling/ventilated seats!!!
Got that area already covered.

Not F-Sport, but better.

Old 05-14-14, 09:31 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

I like them on your car.

Jeff
Old 05-14-14, 09:33 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

A difference in opinion isn't hating, some of you guys need to step up your social skills a little bit. CL is a public, open forum and the OP asked for opinions.

If you get all bent from difference of opinion, that's your problem. Not everybody will roll the same as you, respect that.

That's whats up.
Old 05-14-14, 09:37 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

F Sport factory package is no rice package. Even though, the main component of that package is cosmetic such as front bumper, wheels, heated special seats etc., the handling performance does improve. The cosmetic enhancement itself is pretty nice and that is why some members convert the regular IS with the F Sport front bumper.

The F Sport factory package has the following handling performance enhancement:
1. Stiffer spring rates and the springs are linear.
2. Stiffer shocks.
3. Different steering ECU.
4. Seats that hold you tighter during cornering.
5. High performance summer tires even though it still sucks imo. I wish they should have put Michelin PSS on instead.

Together with F Sport sway bars, it can handle quite good.

Horse power is only one part of the performance equation. For straight line racing, of course it does contribute the most. However, for autocross/track, handling performance and stickier tires means much more. A Miata or Honda s2k with way less power can smoke some heavy car with big horsepower on the autocross/track.

All that is referring to the IS.

I agree with you that Lexus is overdoing the F Sport on a hybrid car which is stupid. I wish they should only add the F Sport package for performance oriented series such as the IS and the GS and no other ones.

Originally Posted by Dan37tZ
IN MY OPINION, (no offense F-sport owners), the factory F-Sport packages from Lexus are the ultimate poser packages. All show...no go.

I'm sorry, but once you slap the "F-Sport" badge on a Hybrid that goes 0-60 in 10 seconds, you lose all credibility in my book Lexus. Ain't nothing sporty about a CT200h F-Sport that is slower than your everyday Prius. Lol, I'm surprised they haven't made an F-Sport LX 570 land whale yet...

OP, you're my buddy so I'm gonna put it plainly, you should lose the badges in my opinion, your car right now with your dealer F-sport parts will out-perform ANY factory F-Sport package any day and looks much cleaner without it. Plus you don't want people to mistake your car for the factory rice package...ahem...F-Sport package IS350.

Last edited by FSportIS; 05-14-14 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 11:57 AM
dabIS
Rookie

Just take one off. Best of both worlds.
Old 05-14-14, 12:09 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

^^^lol

I have the F-sport badge on my F-sport IS350, and I want to take it off because it's mostly an appearance package and it is poserish of a real IS-F, but I hate the thought of having to shave and repaint it.
Old 05-14-14, 12:31 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never thought the F-Sport package was an ISF poser. I can see the obvious visual differences between the IS250/350 F-Sport and ISF. I guess people mistake the F-Sport as the ISF because they both have badges on the fenders?
Old 05-14-14, 02:18 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

The F Sport badge has the word sport while the real F doesn't. Lexus make the F so effing confusing lol.
Old 05-14-14, 03:39 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

The badge looks great on your car, especially with the F-Sport cosmetic mods.

The earlier generation F-Sport factory models were mostly cosmetic upgrades but the latest F-Sport factory models (4GS and 3IS) definitely combined both cosmetic and performance upgrades into one great package. I proudly rock the F-Sport badge on my "luxury" IS!

Quick Reply: To lose or keep the F-Sport badge... that is the question.