IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Any Accuair 2IS owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-14, 10:35 PM
LexusGuyyy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Accuair 2IS owners out there?

Used google and ClubLexus search function, Can't find any pictures of 2IS with the E-Level Sensors installed, Can you guys post the mounting positions for the front and rear? I've seen swtjlsy brackets he offers, I'm just trying to install them right the first time so I wont snap the old-style E-Sensors. Thank you bunch in advance!
Old 04-26-14, 11:47 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably not the best pics ever, but this is when I installed the sensors. The front is easy, the rear is more of a challenge to give the sensor a lot of travel and stay out of the axle's way. I can take more pics the next time I have the car on a lift, but that might be a while...hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Any Accuair 2IS owners out there?-image-2545370239.jpg   Any Accuair 2IS owners out there?-image-3027200891.jpg  
Old 04-27-14, 01:56 PM
LexusGuyyy
Rookie

I appreciate the quick response quick123, unfortunately I do not have access to a welder, Is it possible to drill self tapping screws into are wheel well?
Old 04-27-14, 10:31 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow not bad I would probably touch up that weld a little and spray som paint on that bare metal
Old 04-28-14, 10:55 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexusGuyyy
I appreciate the quick response quick123, unfortunately I do not have access to a welder, Is it possible to drill self tapping screws into are wheel well?
You can, just make sure you don't drill in too deep as you never know what is on the other side. Welding kept everything on the surface, and was also the strongest way to secure the sensors and keep them from moving while under driving forces.

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
Wow not bad I would probably touch up that weld a little and spray som paint on that bare metal
I did, this was right after I installed them...I will try and take some better shots the next time I have the car up on a lift
Old 04-28-14, 11:05 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This is a lot of help lol. I have been driving around for the past month without my sensors installed.....and it is a humungous pain in the ****. Before I drive anywhere I have to stand outside my car and make sure I am at a good ride height...it is kinda embarassing LOL.

Kinda slightly off topic but is there anyway to set when the compressors kick on? Sometimes I find that I have air down and up and down and up just to get my compressors to kick on so I can ait all the way up. I know you can change the max pressure (mine is set at 175) but can you change the min pressure?
Old 04-28-14, 11:46 AM
qtmac
Rookie

nice!! ive been looking for some pics for the longest time on 2IS height sensors install..thanks for the pics..i will be installing mine here within the next week or two just couldnt find any solid pics to get an idea
Old 04-28-14, 11:50 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
This is a lot of help lol. I have been driving around for the past month without my sensors installed.....and it is a humungous pain in the ****. Before I drive anywhere I have to stand outside my car and make sure I am at a good ride height...it is kinda embarassing LOL.

Kinda slightly off topic but is there anyway to set when the compressors kick on? Sometimes I find that I have air down and up and down and up just to get my compressors to kick on so I can ait all the way up. I know you can change the max pressure (mine is set at 175) but can you change the min pressure?
Does anyone know what the minmimum even is for the accuair preset tank pressures? I dont run a gauge when i swapped to accuair management (no need).

I dont think you can change it though, i also wish there is a way because i run my bags around 120-140psi. I have my tank sensor set to 200psi (you also cant save settings until your sensors are installed, default is 150psi i believe, so yours is probably at 150psi right now).
Old 04-28-14, 12:01 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Do you have the same problem as me? I'll go to air it up and it will go up a like an inch and stop and then I'll have to air it down and then go back up to try and kick them on.....sometimes I have to do it a couple times before they finally kick on.
Old 04-28-14, 12:16 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
Do you have the same problem as me? I'll go to air it up and it will go up a like an inch and stop and then I'll have to air it down and then go back up to try and kick them on.....sometimes I have to do it a couple times before they finally kick on.
Yeah if I'm doing it manually to raise it, it does that. If i press a preset height it realizes it needs air to go higher and will turn the compressors on. I just wish i could make the minimum around 160-170psi. I always want air in my dual 3 gallon tanks. haha
Old 04-28-14, 01:04 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

If you are having that problem, where the tank doesn't seem to have enough pressure to raise the car, you need to raise the tank PSI in the settings. I run my tank at 200psi and don't really have any issues like you guys are mentioning. If you don't have the sensors in place, then the ECU will never try and keep a preset height. It thinks your manual input is exactly what you wanted and it will never adjust the height or the tank pressure.

You should also turn your ride monitoring on, and set it to the highest sensativity (only works when you have the presets tho)...this will probably help you Adam.

You might also want to check for leaks...
Old 04-28-14, 01:21 PM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Thanks guys!
Old 04-28-14, 09:13 PM
LexusGuyyy
Rookie

Originally Posted by quick123
Probably not the best pics ever, but this is when I installed the sensors. The front is easy, the rear is more of a challenge to give the sensor a lot of travel and stay out of the axle's way. I can take more pics the next time I have the car on a lift, but that might be a while...hope this helps
I notice your arms, are shortened, how much shorter did you cut to keep the sensors at the location you have them? also when you get a chance could you post a picture of the rears mounted as if you were taking the picture of the wheel well? I can't seem to figure out where the rears are mounted just by looking at the picture. Thanks !