IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-14, 11:36 AM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight

CAn i install oem hid headlight on non oem hid headlight car ?
Old 04-24-14, 12:24 PM
chaiyang7
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U can but the conversion will cost u lots of money. Aftermarket set will work just fine. If u are willing to spend that much money then u can.
Old 04-24-14, 01:11 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chaiyang7
U can but the conversion will cost u lots of money. Aftermarket set will work just fine. If u are willing to spend that much money then u can.
Wht do you mean by conversion ?

I was thinking to buy used oem hid assembly headlight
, so can i install the oem hid headlight onto my car ?
I had an aftermarket hid already
Old 04-24-14, 02:52 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can and if you do plan to get the HID headlights, get the 2011-2013 version HID with LED day time running light. Lots of people, even the ones with OEM HID headlights (without LED) are buying the HID with LED day time running light lol.

A much better alternative is to buy HID conversion kit such as Volt or Extreme Kit from Xenon Depot and bam you have HID lights (without replacing the headlight).
Old 04-24-14, 02:57 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSportIS
You can and if you do plan to get the HID headlights, get the 2011-2013 version HID with LED day time running light. Lots of people, even the ones with OEM HID headlights (without LED) are buying the HID with LED day time running light lol. A much better alternative is to buy HID conversion kit such as Volt or Extreme Kit from Xenon Depot and bam you have HID lights (without replacing the headlight).
I keep looking for led headlight ( not new one cuz over priced ) but still no lucky .

Cuz i heard from ppl tht oem hid has better cut & better output & i found someone selling the oem hid headlight for a good deal . Thts why i hve to make sure if i can install it in my car as plug & play for oem hid headlight ?
Old 04-24-14, 03:04 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know the same thing I have the regular halogen ones, and now want to get the 2011 HID/LED headlights but my question is fo they run at 100% all the time or do they dim to 50 when lows are on and wiring how is that done, been searching and searching and still cant find it and the DIY thread no longer shows pics
Old 04-24-14, 03:14 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

You can get the HID without LED one to fit on fine.

The HID with LED, for the LED to work properly (50% when the low beam on), you need to do some tweaks on the wiring and stuffs. Yeah there is a DIY thread on it in the FAQ but it seems lacking pictures.
Old 04-24-14, 03:47 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Leowaxx
I keep looking for led headlight ( not new one cuz over priced ) but still no lucky .

Cuz i heard from ppl tht oem hid has better cut & better output & i found someone selling the oem hid headlight for a good deal . Thts why i hve to make sure if i can install it in my car as plug & play for oem hid headlight ?
OEM HID light output is better than the halogens for sure, but it's still far off from what's considered "good output".
Old 04-24-14, 04:02 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I thought 4300k OEM HID is brighter than 6000k which is brighter than 8000k which is brighter than 10000k. What is considered "good output"?
Old 04-24-14, 04:30 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I thought 4300k OEM HID is brighter than 6000k which is brighter than 8000k which is brighter than 10000k. What is considered "good output"?
Wider ouput & sharper cut & better output than halogen compare to oem hid .

Isnt it ?
Old 04-25-14, 12:44 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

OEM HID headlights would not be a direct replacement on an non-OEM HID vehicle due to differences in the wiring. However, if you wanted to upgrade your existing halogen lights to HID, your factory lights use an H11 bulb in the low beam. You would just need a XenonDepot HID kit.

John
Old 04-26-14, 01:15 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
OEM HID headlights would not be a direct replacement on an non-OEM HID vehicle due to differences in the wiring. However, if you wanted to upgrade your existing halogen lights to HID, your factory lights use an H11 bulb in the low beam. You would just need a XenonDepot HID kit. John
I had ur H11 hid kit john .
Old 04-26-14, 02:48 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
OEM HID headlights would not be a direct replacement on an non-OEM HID vehicle due to differences in the wiring. However, if you wanted to upgrade your existing halogen lights to HID, your factory lights use an H11 bulb in the low beam. You would just need a XenonDepot HID kit.

John
Actually they are a direct fit, no wiring modifications are required unless you want to get the bi-xenon function to work. They are plug and play with no bi-xenon/AFS/leveling functionality (no functionality lost from the factory halogen lights).

Jeff
Old 04-26-14, 04:16 PM
Leowaxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Actually they are a direct fit, no wiring modifications are required unless you want to get the bi-xenon function to work. They are plug and play with no bi-xenon/AFS/leveling functionality (no functionality lost from the factory halogen lights). Jeff

Thanks again jeff .

Thumbs up 👍
Old 04-28-14, 08:54 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Jeff Lange: How are they a direct plug-in if the wiring on the non-hid equipped vehicle is designed for h11 whereas HID equipped vehicles would be D4S?

Quick Reply: Headlight