IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pissed of NSX driver by IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 01:35 AM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pissed of NSX driver by IS350

So today i was driving and then some Honda NSX with extreme body kit was behind me.
We were changing lanes at the same time. Since he was behind me and he thought he can go faster. But my IS350 showed him some good time haha. He couldn't pass me and he was so pissed.
I am happy i changed from IS250 to IS350. People don't know how fast these cars are..

Disregard my spelling mistakes or grammar. Thanks to St. Patricks day. I just wanted to post this.
Old 03-18-14, 09:01 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Happy St. Patricks day

Correct me if im wrong, but an nsx should be able to kill our car in about everything. I've raced my friend's NSX and i've lost in about ever scenario; probably doesn't help that hes supercharged too
Old 03-18-14, 09:46 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We need to compare apple to apple. Stock vs stock, IS350 wins. Modified, NSX wins. However, that modified NSX will not run for long, it will run into many kinds of reliability issues. Also with modification, any car that has potentials in mods can have crazy power. I rather drive a IS350 over the NSX anyday because IS350 is more luxurious, more refined, more techgy, more comfy, more reliable and providing enough power for street daily driving already.

When you talk about race, drag race is pretty much depending on HP and some shifting skills while autocross/track race with lots of turns depends on HP, suspension, and driver skills. In my opinion, our IS350 with good suspension mods and good tire can be pretty darn good at track. What kinds of race were you doing with your friends??

The LFA for instance does not have that crazy big power like some other super car but the LFA runs damn fast on Nurburgring with a pretty good time even without race tire.
Old 03-18-14, 09:55 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't want to magazine race but pulling some mag times for the early 3.0 liter NSX through the years gives these numbers:

1991 Acura NSX 5.8 14.4
1992 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1993 Acura NSX 5.6 13.9
1994 Acura NSX 5.3 13.6
1996 Acura NSX 5.2 13.8
1996 Acura NSX-T 5.8 14.3

So looks like stock vs. stock, IS350 should be able to roast an early NSX..just sayin.

The newer 3.2L NSX's 97+ are much quicker, low 13s.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 03-18-14 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-18-14, 09:58 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah, what's up with NSX dudes lolz, they picked on me too lolz . No chance in hell for them either, im in my ISF or my IS350
Old 03-18-14, 11:10 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha two things

a) I need to move to the west coast. On the east coast ive only seen ONE nsx before in my life.

b) What was the crazy body kit on the NSX? Was it painted green/white/black? aka High End's takata NSX?
Old 03-18-14, 11:19 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Watchout for roadrage.....
Old 03-18-14, 12:46 PM
Sportskid1
Pole Position

But if the NSX had been behind you in the canyons he would have been pissed that you were slowing him down big time. Those things are amazing in the tight turns. Not built for all out speed but more for handling.
Old 03-18-14, 01:05 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

The NSX is not "fast" by today's standards because at the time in Japan, manufacturers were limiting the horsepower and top speeds of their cars for safety purposes. The NSX will run circles around any IS350 on the track. Its Nurburgring lap times are faster than an IS-F. It's also commonly in the mix for greatest car ever built by many publications. It also currently costs as much, if not more, than an IS350. No true enthusiast would pick some IS350 over a rare and iconic NSX.

On topic, there's no need to agitate other drivers on the road. If you changed lanes at the same time, there's no need to "show him who's faster". Who cares if you, or him, or some Bugatti is faster on the road?

And to the comment about a modded NSX having bad reliability, can you tell us about the reliability and performance of a boosted IS350? The 2GR-FSE is not exactly a mod-able engine.
Old 03-18-14, 01:27 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

kumquatism, well said.

Our IS is not really made for mods and I have not seen many IS with crazy HP mods so i don't know the reliability of the truly modded IS. In my very crazy generalization, crazy modification done to the engine will more likely lead to lower reliability. The term "crazy" modification here is being used loosely here.
Old 03-18-14, 02:42 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kumquatism
The NSX is not "fast" by today's standards because at the time in Japan, manufacturers were limiting the horsepower and top speeds of their cars for safety purposes. The NSX will run circles around any IS350 on the track. Its Nurburgring lap times are faster than an IS-F. It's also commonly in the mix for greatest car ever built by many publications. It also currently costs as much, if not more, than an IS350. No true enthusiast would pick some IS350 over a rare and iconic NSX.

On topic, there's no need to agitate other drivers on the road. If you changed lanes at the same time, there's no need to "show him who's faster". Who cares if you, or him, or some Bugatti is faster on the road?

And to the comment about a modded NSX having bad reliability, can you tell us about the reliability and performance of a boosted IS350? The 2GR-FSE is not exactly a mod-able engine.
While I agree the NSX is a steller handling machine, the OP wasn't talking about a canyon road or a race track. This was just a simple real world test of acceleration where the $100k Honda supercar with all of it's handling cred couldn't pass a run of the mill IS350.

I'm sure if they were on a track the NSX would mop up (with equal drivers), but out on the road, the NSX has little chance to flex it's handling muscles. It's also not very practical either.

The NSX was my dream car growing up as a teenager, I probably had no less than 5 NSX posters hanging around my room at any given time. Now I just view them as ancient relics, way passed their prime. A bit overrated, just like the MK4 Supra Turbos. At one time, I also viewed Supras as GODS. Now I just watch them on Youtube, making 1000whp and trying to get traction down the highway, laughing my *** off. All the while, 1000whp R35 GT-R's are skullfuc*king Veyrons and Superbikes.

Hell even a modern 4 door sedan like the Caddilac CTS-V laps the ring MUCH faster than an NSX. Progress is great, there are many amazing new cars to drool over nowadays..no need to be stuck in the past. It's like me sitting here jerking off over a Motorola RAZR because it was the thinnest most awesome phone at the time.

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 03-18-14 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-18-14, 03:27 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

And if the NSX was in front, I doubt the IS350 would be able pass it either. It's not exactly a surprise that the NSX isn't that fast anymore. Nobody said it was. 276HP is a joke in the modern era of cars. So what is there to prove by being in front of an NSX (or any other car)? Why did OP just NOT let the NSX pass? Pissing off other people just because you can is not going to end well.

And to the point of the RAZR, good point, but if you find someone using a RAZR still, are you going to point out to him that your phone's faster? So why would you have the desire to "show an NSX who's faster"?
Old 03-18-14, 04:25 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Sounds kinda childish. And the NSX was fast when it came out.
Old 03-18-14, 04:51 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Dame kids and there street racing. I don't care who faster I just care to get home in one piece.
Old 03-18-14, 05:06 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

yeah if you take NSX in today's standard no it wouldnt be considered "fast" but that car is no slouch by any means. in its day, that car was a beast. but then again here in vegas about 90% of the NSX in town are all turbocharged 35r setups and are all monsters so i wouldnt see a slow one here lol.

granted i would choose an NSX over a 2IS as a toy/project car any day over a 2IS. but thats about it. i still think that would a drivers race in the end just because sure the is350 puts out more power, the NSX has better power to weight ration than the 2IS

Quick Reply: Pissed of NSX driver by IS350