Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vossens CVT or Linea corse LC818

Old 03-09-14, 01:04 PM   #16
JdSwiper
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (2)

Jamie Giguere

Thanks guys!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

2009 IS 250 AWD

Fsport front conversion, Fsport intake, Fsport rear sway bar, Wald rear spoiler, My ride diffuser rep, CF steering wheel, CF hood, CF front lip, HKS hi-Power Exhaust, Magnaflow resinator, 25% Formula 1 ceramic tint, Jl Audio subs and Amp, CF roof spoiler.
JdSwiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 01:06 PM   #17
Renaeis250
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

the vossen in silver is nice.
Renaeis250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 01:11 PM   #18
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

No contest.
CVTs.

'13 GS 350 AWD Starfire Pearl/Black
Luxury&Cold Pkg,BSM,LED Fogs,Puddles,Door Panels,Trunk,Reverse
'15 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring w/Tech AWD White Pearl/Black/LED'd
'08 Hyundai Elantra Low Miles Beater!

Joeb427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 03:49 PM   #19
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Jamie Giguere
Default Front pic

Ohh boy, different opinions... I thought I hade my mind made up, now you guys are making it tough!
Attached Images

2009 IS 250 AWD

Fsport front conversion, Fsport intake, Fsport rear sway bar, Wald rear spoiler, My ride diffuser rep, CF steering wheel, CF hood, CF front lip, HKS hi-Power Exhaust, Magnaflow resinator, 25% Formula 1 ceramic tint, Jl Audio subs and Amp, CF roof spoiler.
Old 03-09-14, 04:46 PM   #20
mililani00
Pole Position

Cvt !!!!!!!!!
mililani00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 01:15 PM   #21
Need4Speed
Sponsor

https://www.facebook.com/Need4SpeedMotors https://twitter.com/N4SMotorsports http://instagram.com/need4speedmotorsports#

I actually just helped out a fellow Club Lexus member

He had Linea Corse wheels on his 2nd generation IS and both rear cracked on him.

I just got him a set of 19" CVT wheels we are going to be doing the installation this Saturday.

Honestly between the two on a personal bases I would still go with the Vossen wheels price might be more yes.

5 year warranty on the finish
lifetime on the structure if you ever crack them or they crack themselves.

they are a nice concave and a unique design.
Need4Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:07 PM   #22
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Jamie Giguere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Speed View Post
I actually just helped out a fellow Club Lexus member

He had Linea Corse wheels on his 2nd generation IS and both rear cracked on him.

I just got him a set of 19" CVT wheels we are going to be doing the installation this Saturday.

Honestly between the two on a personal bases I would still go with the Vossen wheels price might be more yes.

5 year warranty on the finish
lifetime on the structure if you ever crack them or they crack themselves.

they are a nice concave and a unique design.
You make a great point. We have a lot of pot holes and crappy roads in New England so this I definetly a major contributior as to what wheels to get. Thanks for the insight!

2009 IS 250 AWD

Old 03-10-14, 02:09 PM   #23
sm1ke
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (5)

sm1ke_ sm1ke

With that kind of warranty, go with the Vossens. Peace of mind is a very valuable thing.
sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:47 PM   #24
scorpionge
Pole Position
Trader Score: (9)

ScorpionGeo

Vossens all the way.. ive had 2 sets now.. no complaints at all.. =D

scorpionge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:52 PM   #25
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (13)

LCs are priced much better and same cast quality of Vossens. I've had both brands, LCs have a much better finish, Vossen finish was nothing special and heavy. I've seen plenty of Vossens crack.
08 IS-F:Starfire Pearl, Joe Z exhaust, Joe Z intake, 5% tint, KW V3, Volk TE37 19x9.5F 19x10.5R, Wald diffusor, Lexon roof spoiler, Lexon front lip, JDM window visors, 3K fogs, black pearl emblems, Vorsteiner trunk, 2012 LED headlights, Toms sides

95 SC 300:Diamond White Pearl with factory black interior, PBM coils, Work VSKF 18x9/11, 6000K low beams 3000k fogs, custom exhaust, LS 400 brakes, JDM window visors, 97 tails, Fujin lip, Origin roof wing, Shine Auto
CalitriSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 03:54 PM   #26
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Jamie Giguere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
With that kind of warranty, go with the Vossens. Peace of mind is a very valuable thing.
I agree with you ! If the Lc's had the same warranty it would be a no brainer. Although I do like the look of the CVT's. I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews here but the one thing that stands out is the warranty and I'm all about a company that will stand behind their product with excellence in customer service. I'm a busy guy so I don't have time for bs!

2009 IS 250 AWD

Old 03-11-14, 12:30 AM   #27
Kentchup
Pole Position

go with the cvts, i personally like the look of them too. If i were on the market for wheels id prob pick up a set
Old 03-11-14, 02:23 AM   #28
MrKayVu
Driver School Candidate

I've always loved the look of the CVT's
MrKayVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:36 AM   #29
sm1ke
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (5)

sm1ke_ sm1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdSwiper View Post
I agree with you ! If the Lc's had the same warranty it would be a no brainer. Although I do like the look of the CVT's. I'm getting a lot of mixed reviews here but the one thing that stands out is the warranty and I'm all about a company that will stand behind their product with excellence in customer service. I'm a busy guy so I don't have time for bs!
Further to what I said earlier, between the two, I would personally pick the CVTs because of the look, not specifically because of the warranty. That's because Vossen's cast line is of the same quality as the LC818s, as CalitriSC mentioned. Take the price difference between the two, and judge for yourself whether that extra money is worth the look and the extra warranty.

I have also seen plenty of pictures of cracked and damaged Vossens due to manufacturer defects. Even if they do offer the better warranty, keep in mind that if they do crack, you have to deal with the hassle of getting the wheel repaired/replaced, and the inconvenience of the spare tire.

Realistically, any wheel can crack, but there are other wheels out there with much better build quality and structural integrity. I know I will come to regret selling off my SSR Werfen GT03s for a set of Varrstoens someday. If you really want more peace of mind, get a quality wheel that is built to take the abuse you're expecting. For example, most SSR wheels have HTM barrels which give them more strength to resist bends/cracks.

Last edited by sm1ke; 03-11-14 at 07:39 AM..
sm1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 10:37 AM   #30
Need4Speed
Sponsor

https://www.facebook.com/Need4SpeedMotors https://twitter.com/N4SMotorsports http://instagram.com/need4speedmotorsports#

I agree with you all

yes the CVT wheel is a low pressure cast that is true
&
as you all have stated any wheel can crack regardless cast or forged, 2 piece or 3 piece anything can happen with the right speed and point of impact anything can break.

The warranty separates it all. Vossen stands behind their warranty regardless where you are located.

I have done warranty claims for my clients as far as Hong Kong and Vossen has taken care of it no nagging no ifs nothing.

We stand behind them because they stand behind us and all Vossen owners.

I would be more than happy to help out in any way specs details and any other kind of help I can be.

Also I am originally from the New England area as well So I am very familiar with the roads there.

Last edited by Need4Speed; 03-11-14 at 10:43 AM..
Need4Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 10:37 AM