IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 01:04 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Considered raising the car for a temporary time period for the trip?

How'd the gasket fix go...painless?
Don't really have time to raise it. I have a bunch of errands and business stuff to take care of before I leave.

Originally Posted by mattah
Im gonna be at the Cars and coffee meet this sunday at the Oasis aswell. It nothing compared to the other C&C thou
We should meet up bro! Feel free to text me at 951 623 3140

Originally Posted by iRyan
Let us know when you reach miami area...we can prob Link up with some of us ClubLex/Lexusboys members for some drinks...to get to miami you have to pass Ft. Lauderdale anyways lol....as above said we have Towers friday night spot plus during the week
I see you guys posting on IG all day long. You guys have some bad *** cars out there. I'll definitely try to set something up so I can meet some fellow IS members

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Sounds fun. Drive safe and keep us posted on your journey.
Will do!

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Very nice, stay safe and make sure to post pics of the trip
For Sure! I'll be driving with my valentine 1 radar detector on the whole time. I heard that in some states it is illegal and I can get into serious trouble. Not sure how true that is...

Originally Posted by vapid2323
Two weeks for both ways, if you can do three weeks that would be much better. It would give you enough time to stay and enjoy the sights.

You should go up to NY and back on I90 then down 101 to cali IMO... then you can see just about the entire USA in one go

Its a fun trip!
I wish I could do 3 weeks. My office guys would go crazy if I was gone for that long. Last time I flew out to the east coast for 4 days I was still handling customers emails and phone calls even when I was 2000 miles away.

Originally Posted by minato
You factored in the weather right?
stay safe,
I did Toronto - Pennyslvania - New Jersey - Quebec - Toronto
During the Black friday weekend and was fun lol
Thanks!
Checked the weather and it seems like everything should be fine with no rain.
Old 03-04-14, 01:10 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Sounds fun, triple A is key..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-04-14, 01:32 PM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Sounds fun, triple A is key..
I agree with this! I bought the better AAA plan before I went on my trip. Never had to use it but it was a good feeling knowing that when I was 400 miles from anything I could still get a tow lol.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy your trip, I am going to do this a second time when I get my Tesla :P
Old 03-04-14, 05:34 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Ceramic Tinted my windows last week so I don't get sun burned on my roadtrip. 20% all around
Attached Thumbnails Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-305151717.jpg  
Old 03-04-14, 07:28 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it's gonna be one epic grip! Have fun and drive safe. Looking at your TP 2IS makes me miss my TP 2IS..
Old 03-05-14, 09:47 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like an awesome trip! Hope you have a great and safe drive.
Old 03-05-14, 01:08 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Picking up some memory cards for my go pros today after work
Old 03-06-14, 06:01 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a very similar trip just recently (december/january) in my IS250 and it was a blast. i shipped mine from hawaii (last duty station) to SF (new duty station at Travis AFB). i started in richmond, ca and went south to AZ, stopped at the grand canyon, went to Albuquerque, NM and seen family, then went north through Colorado and Wyoming and east to South Dakota where alot of my family is (seen Mt. Rushmore too), then all the way east to the other side of South Dakota and south through Nebraska and into Kansas where i have more family, then south into Oklahoma (parents) and south into Texas then east again through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and into Florida and stopped in Orlando for a few days (gf's parents) then down to Miami for New Years. it was ridiculously long and although i was kind of sad to see my car rack up all those miles i was pleasantly surprised to see that the car was so reliable. after new years i dropped the gf off in orlando and drove all the way back to Fairfield, CA so that i could finally check in to my new command and settle in. epic road trip. watch out for I-40 as it is very, very boring at times. your IS should treat you well on your trip, oh and watch out for northern texas, i noticed a whole lot of state troopers when i was passing through. good luck!
Old 03-06-14, 07:58 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy one doing long road trips. I thought I was the only crazy one around here.

Still haven't packed everything but the gf wanted to have dinner as I won't be seeing her for the next 2 weeks lol
Old 03-07-14, 05:07 AM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know what really surprised me? how surprisingly well the car handled on snow and ice. and I've been riding on summer tires the whole time. I mean I besides when I would turn the traction control off and be on an empty road. hahaha if I had a radar detector i'm sure that would've helped a lot. I was only brave enough to cruise at over 100 whenever I found somebody else who would lead and that was only a few times, most of the time I would be about 80 and I only got a ticket for 83 in a 65 in Wyoming of all places....
its weird to see ice covered Hawaii plates. haha
Old 03-07-14, 07:46 AM
SubieChik
Lead Lap

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't wait to see pics!

Road trips are fun. I drove from Fairbanks, Alaska to Hampton, Virginia back in 2006 when I changed duty stations. It wasn't by myself though....my husband flew to Alasak to drive with me....it was a very long trip but I had a blast!
Old 03-07-14, 02:46 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SubieChik
Can't wait to see pics!

Road trips are fun. I drove from Fairbanks, Alaska to Hampton, Virginia back in 2006 when I changed duty stations. It wasn't by myself though....my husband flew to Alasak to drive with me....it was a very long trip but I had a blast!
First set of pics will start going up this evening. I'm wrapping stuff up at the office as we speak. Just have to gas up and grab sold cold redbulls and the roadtrip starts!

I'll be dropping off an exhaust system in Tucson Arizona to a CL memeber (Dannyboy26). I believe we are going to grab dinner and then I'll be on my way.
Old 03-07-14, 05:30 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

The trip has started! Already spotted a couple highway patrols... I hope I have no interaction with them throughout the trip. Should be in Tucson AZ by 12:30am pst
Attached Thumbnails Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-3441640029.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-103222611.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-1836480153.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-377715268.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-1516942904.jpg  

Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-2951084162.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-3868772804.jpg   Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!-image-67163830.jpg  

Last edited by e46m3lol; 03-07-14 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-07-14, 10:40 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Check engine light came on after 375 miles of driving. Ran the codes and it's my catless header codes. Not sure why it came on. But just erased it and I'm back on the road.
Old 03-08-14, 06:27 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Been driving all night long. 2 5hr energy and 2 redbulls. Valentine one has saved me so many times. Currently driving through New Mexico. 75 miles away from El Paso. I've been averaging 30mpg

Quick Reply: Cross country roadtrip from West coast to East coast and back in 2 weeks!