IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Don't know what to do first...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-14, 02:18 AM
zackteee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't know what to do first...

Hey guys, so I haven't done anything to my car since I installed the road magnet springs but I've been saving up and don't know whether to get a lip kit or keep saving for coils.. The road magnets dropped my car 2in but that's still not enough for me so I'm really wanting to get my coils already. I'm looking for a vertex lip (09-10) now because I don't like the ings for the 09-10 at all.. Makes me wish I had an 06-08 lol. But yeah I'm pretty stuck on whether to get my lip, if I can, or keep saving for coils! I plan on getting the varrstoen es6 wheels sometime in the near future and before I get hate on fake wheels, I know I know, but I'm a highschool student with a minimum wage job so I'm doing what I can with the money I have.. Here's some pics of my car with how it is today, ps I hate these "lobster claw" wheels so much.

Don't know what to do first...-image-2586471432.jpg

Don't know what to do first...-image-2000884876.jpg

Don't know what to do first...-image-1216092266.jpg
Old 02-26-14, 02:58 AM
stevesiew
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, dude..
Old 02-26-14, 04:05 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Car looks good
Old 02-26-14, 04:42 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

How are varrstoen es6 fake wheels? Is Varrstoen not a good brand?
Old 02-26-14, 02:46 PM
zackteee
Driver

Originally Posted by daileycon
They're just reps of some wheels, like the es6 is a rep of the work meisters.. Not really sure if you'd call it fake but I've just read around where some people call it that
Old 02-26-14, 03:18 PM
BigCman
Rookie

Originally Posted by zackteee
They're just reps of some wheels, like the es6 is a rep of the work meisters.. Not really sure if you'd call it fake but I've just read around where some people call it that
Yea there will always be haters. Just cause I don't have $8k to drop on some HRE's doesn't mean I should be able to buy a wheel I like. Get what you like dude and screw everyone else. Let the haters hate
Old 02-26-14, 03:35 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

They're fake in the sense that they imitate the real thing, but aren't. To me, it's the same thing as people buying knockoff China-made LV handbags and the such. They typically don't pass certifications, like TUV, for strength and structural rigidity . A better explanation: http://www.hrewheels.com/news/hre-explains-what-is-tuv

You don't need to spent 8 grand to get quality wheels. Buying used legit wheels is a good option, if you can find them in a fitment to your liking. Spend your money wisely, not cheaply.
Old 02-26-14, 04:22 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the wheel topics, what are the so called "legit" wheels brands then? Can some less expensive wheels like Enkei or TSW be "not so fake" wheels or are they all fake?
Old 02-26-14, 04:27 PM
mattah
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice man. People run so many reps of many sorts.

Do what you like and at the end of the day if you like it forget about what anyone else says.
Old 02-26-14, 04:29 PM
mattah
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
On the wheel topics, what are the so called "legit" wheels brands then? Can some less expensive wheels like Enkei or TSW be "not so fake" wheels or are they all fake?
They are all "legit" companies making wheels, but they make reps of the higher quality wheels
Old 02-26-14, 04:43 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the same token, what are some "not-legit" wheel brands that we should be avoid putting on a Lexus? A big No-no wheels on Lexus.
Old 02-26-14, 05:04 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
when people say "fake" they mean they are reps of another legit wheel

Originally Posted by BigCman
Yea there will always be haters. Just cause I don't have $8k to drop on some HRE's doesn't mean I should be able to buy a wheel I like. Get what you like dude and screw everyone else. Let the haters hate
nobody is hating on rep wheels man calm down lol. legit wheels can be had for so cheap but most dont know where to look or shop around. i see nothing wrong with a rep wheel as a starter wheel, then something legit you like later. but its when folks get rep wheels then parade them as legit is what is weak

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Legit wheel brands would be like:
Work, SSR, BBS, Enkei, Volk, Rays, etc

Rep wheel brands would be like:
Varrstoen, XXR, etc

Last edited by jdmSW20; 02-26-14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-26-14, 05:50 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 324 Likes on 140 Posts

rep wheels a good for starters but gotta watch out for pot holes etc... cuz usually u get what u paid for and they won't be as strong as legit ones...

as seen in this video:
Old 02-26-14, 06:24 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You have to ask yourself what's more important, being lower or being kinda low and having a lip?
Old 02-26-14, 08:36 PM
zackteee
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
You have to ask yourself what's more important, being lower or being kinda low and having a lip?
I agree but no matter what i plan on getting both a lip and coils. Just don't know if I should go for the lip guess I have the money for it already or keep saving for coils and get the lip in the future. Because I'm not sure if the lip will look weird guess I'm only lowered 2in up front

Quick Reply: Don't know what to do first...