IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2007 X-package worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 06:35 PM
garroids
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ISTruong
I have the X-package. The suspension isn't that stiff in my opinion... feels just right to me for a sports sedan. There's really nothing special about the X-package that you can't add onto a luxury package yourself like the illuminated door sills, or front lip.

Personally, i got a great deal on my x-package but it doesn't have some of the options a sports or luxury might have such as memory seats, ML audio, auto wipers, etc. My x-package is very basic w/ a navi, heated/cooled seats, and wood trim with illuminated door sills, front lip, sport suspension and X rims.
If you had the option, would you prefer the base or luxury package instead of the x-package? Assume you are getting a good deal for both of it.
Old 02-24-14, 06:37 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
same here man. i have an 07 x-package is350 and i can co sign what Truong said. i wouldnt say my suspension was "stiff" at all. but then again i went to coilovers about a week into owning the car. but i will say the x package stock wheels are the nicest stock wheels the 2IS came with
If you had the option, would you prefer the base or luxury package instead of the x-package? Assume you are getting a good deal for both of it.
Old 02-24-14, 06:43 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by garroids
I would easily say the luxury package all day long. Had i been more savy on the models the IS came in before purchasing, thats what i wouldve looked for. I only have an x-package because of luck of the draw. my 350 was the best price of all i found, and had all the options i at minimum wanted(navi, HID, and black interior). it just happen to be an x-package.

but if i had to do it all over again i wouldve held out for a luxury package and just bought the illuminated door sills from sewell.......done and done
Old 02-25-14, 07:02 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Luxury package includes illuminated door sills.

Jeff
Old 02-25-14, 08:20 AM
2ISTruong
Rookie

Yup, I'd take the Luxury package any day of the week if I had to choose between x-package and luxury. Better to get as many options as you can rather than pay for it at high dollar later with modifications. Stuff like wheels and suspension that the x-pack has relative to the luxury seems cheap compared to what it would probably cost you to add like memory seats or all the automatic functions that the luxury package is equipped with.

With that said, I am happy w/ my x-package b/c i don't need all the bells and whistles. The only thing I truly wish I had is the memory seats b/c my girlfriend drives my car sometimes and its annoying trying to get that perfect sweet spot for seat location after she moves it..

Good luck!
Old 02-25-14, 11:07 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

2006-2010 Sport Package would be my preferred option package if I was looking for a car in those years. It has the sport suspension, the pedals along with most other "luxury" options that the Luxury package has (minus door sills, rear sunshade and wood trim).

Jeff
Old 02-25-14, 12:26 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Yep, I have said sports pkg and it is the best fit for me personally. I'd never end up using the shade and that wood interior is awful. I love my pedals/memory seats/AFS headlamps.
Old 02-25-14, 07:43 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
2006-2010 Sport Package would be my preferred option package if I was looking for a car in those years. It has the sport suspension, the pedals along with most other "luxury" options that the Luxury package has (minus door sills, rear sunshade and wood trim).

Jeff
Originally Posted by Gville350
^Yep, I have said sports pkg and it is the best fit for me personally. I'd never end up using the shade and that wood interior is awful. I love my pedals/memory seats/AFS headlamps.
yeah ill have to admit im growing tired of my wood interior lol.
Old 02-26-14, 11:04 PM
garroids
Rookie

Yup, I'd take the Luxury package any day of the week if I had to choose between x-package and luxury. Better to get as many options as you can rather than pay for it at high dollar later with modifications. Stuff like wheels and suspension that the x-pack has relative to the luxury seems cheap compared to what it would probably cost you to add like memory seats or all the automatic functions that the luxury package is equipped with.

With that said, I am happy w/ my x-package b/c i don't need all the bells and whistles. The only thing I truly wish I had is the memory seats b/c my girlfriend drives my car sometimes and its annoying trying to get that perfect sweet spot for seat location after she moves it..

Good luck!
So I shouldn't get the x-package unless I got a really good deal? I dislike the rims on the x-package as well
Old 02-26-14, 11:04 PM
garroids
Rookie

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
yeah ill have to admit im growing tired of my wood interior lol.
So I shouldn't get the x-package unless I got a really good deal? I dislike the rims on the x-package as well
Old 02-27-14, 07:11 AM
2ISTruong
Rookie

Yea, my first choice would be the sport package, then luxury, then x-package...

Just for your reference and maybe it'll help you determine what a good deal is for you but I paid $21k for my 2007 X-package with 26,000 miles so I couldn't pass that up. No accidents and mint inside and out.
Features on my car:
GFX front lip
X- wheels
Illuminated door sills
Navi
Heated/cooled seats
Wood trim
Sport suspension

Pretty basic, I think some x-packages may not have the air conditioned seats but dont quote me on that.

Good luck
Old 02-27-14, 12:52 PM
garroids
Rookie

Yea, my first choice would be the sport package, then luxury, then x-package...

Just for your reference and maybe it'll help you determine what a good deal is for you but I paid $21k for my 2007 X-package with 26,000 miles so I couldn't pass that up. No accidents and mint inside and out.
Features on my car:
GFX front lip
X- wheels
Illuminated door sills
Navi
Heated/cooled seats
Wood trim
Sport suspension

Pretty basic, I think some x-packages may not have the air conditioned seats but dont quote me on that.

Good luck
Wow you got a great deal. A car like that in CA would be atleast 24,000
Old 02-27-14, 12:56 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm say it depends if your gonna mod your car. If you decide to go coilover later then the suspension package doesn't matter. I factor the price, mileage and best options. I bought an 08 350 luxury in 2010 for $25k with 44k on the odometer . Not bad since it was two years old. Had all option except ML and I added the sport pedal myself $80 deal.
Old 02-27-14, 04:19 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Originally Posted by laobo979
I'm say it depends if your gonna mod your car. If you decide to go coilover later then the suspension package doesn't matter. I factor the price, mileage and best options. I bought an 08 350 luxury in 2010 for $25k with 44k on the odometer . Not bad since it was two years old. Had all option except ML and I added the sport pedal myself $80 deal.
yeah i agree with laobo, stock suspension doesnt make a difference to me either way. especially since i put coilovers on a week after i bought the car. to me the options mean more than anything. i dont even really care about miles, i honestly stopped really caring about miles once i got into Lexus

i found my 07 350 x-package in cali for 15k with 140k. car has been running good and hard just like if it were new