IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Remote Starter for 2012 IS350

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 04:23 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by eddysoares
I have an 07 is250 and work at a shop in RI that installs remote starters. I would not go to best buy mainly because most techs i've met there are just regular guys who passed the mecp certs and some best buy training. I would say contact compustar or viper and see where the closest dealer is near you. I personally use the compustar drone and ez-go system with the ez go only activated when the starter is on.
I was thinking about this set up too, but, don't want to pay yearly on services, but this combo is nice set up.
Old 01-15-14, 06:44 AM
JRGUSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coilz
If you don't trust them, then don't do it. Can't possibly be that cold in North Carolina. Just crank up the seat warmers if you're cold. I am up here in Canada and still no auto starter on my IS250.
Not so much worried about the cold. Rather, it's the crappy ice that builds up on the glass that prevents me from safely driving. Again, running a business I work long hours thus trying to maximize what time I do have at home for standard household upkeep, exercise, and most importantly...sleep. That means getting out the door at the last minute. Don't have time for ice scraping, etc. Just want to jump in the car and go. Call it laziness or convenience, it is what it is.

As for BestBuy... I sent an email to the manager of the store on 1/10/14 detailing my expectations, etc. Does anyone think I'm being too ambitious about what I am requesting (see below)?
1) After being remotely start, I should be able to approach my LOCKED vehicle with the Lexus key fob in my pocket and unlock/access the vehicle by either touching the sensor on the back of the door handle or pushing the unlock button on the Lexus key fob. Both methods should be able to unlock the vehicle without the vehicle’s immobilizer shutting down the engine.
2) Once I have entered the vehicle, the proximity sensors in the car should be able to detect whether the Lexus key fob is present inside the vehicle or not. If it is NOT in the vehicle and I attempt push the brake pedal or change into gear, the vehicle should immediately shut down. If the key fob is detected, I should simply be able to push the brake pedal, change into gear, and drive away. At no point should I have to push the start button on the dashboard if the key fob is detected inside the vehicle.
3) Scenario: The vehicle was remotely start and the automatic headlights come on. At some point, while it is idling I decide that I do not want to get into the vehicle so I remotely kill the engine. The automatic lights should then switch off after the 60 second delay that was programmed into the computer by Lexus.
Why this is important: Typically, the Lexus switches off the automatic headlights when a door is opened as it lets the computer know that the occupants are exiting the vehicle. Since it was remotely start and then remotely shut down, there would be no signal sent to the computer that a door was opened. Therefore, it would leave the headlights on and drain the battery until it’s dead. I do NOT want this to happen.

I asked the manager to share this info with the Geek Squad installer and to get back to me as to whether my requests were feasible. Needless to say, I haven't heard a peep from them (as of 1/15). I think I should just cancel the install there and find somewhere else to go. I'm always look for a good deal when I make purchases, but when it comes to important/expensive stuff I'm more than willing to pay more for high-quality work.
Old 12-02-14, 03:31 PM
JRGUSC
Driver School Candidate

Question Updates?

Reviving this thread I started earlier this year to see if anyone else has come across a remote start system that works correctly with this generation of the IS. As I've read on similar posts on the 'net the biggest obstacle appears to be the immobilizer working correctly. Has anyone been able to remote start the vehicle and tap the Start Engine button twice, effectively putting the vehicle into the "on" position, so that all one has to do is push the brake and shift into gear? Am I just wasting my time trying to figure this out?
Old 12-02-14, 10:51 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I think #1 and #2 are doable with the PKALL (check their manual on the website for 2009 and higher model year, you press Start twice to drive the car). For #3, I don't know, I know that it doesn't work on my car (i.e. the headlight stays on even when I kill the remote start with the remote).

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=196
Old 12-29-14, 07:20 PM
lexusboy1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coilz
If you don't trust them, then don't do it. Can't possibly be that cold in North Carolina. Just crank up the seat warmers if you're cold. I am up here in Canada and still no auto starter on my IS250.
hi! iam also from canada. i just install starter month ago on my 350 2014. Works great! and i using my original remote to start the car its awesome! and it cost me about 300$