IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Warning for anyone looking at VIPMOTOZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-19, 04:21 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Warning for anyone looking at VIPMOTOZ

I just wanted to pop in with a quick recap of my terrible experience with VIPMOTOZ.

I purchased a pair of headlights and fog lights, with HID kits for both pairs from VIPMOTOZ a few months ago. I decided on these guys after reading about their ‘amazing’ customer service from other CL users.

Lights came quickly, and install was relatively smooth. One of my fogs wasn’t working, and over the next 2 months I kept the company up to date on my troubleshooting. They appeared more than willing to remedy that problem.

A few weeks ago I noticed some condensation inside my driver side headlight. I thought oh well, no big deal it’ll go away when the tempurature stops fluctuating like crazy. Now, the inside of the lens is SOAKED. I pulled my front end off and inspected the headlight housing and seal, no visible issues. While I was in there I noticed that the manufacturer had failed to seat one of the fog light connector prongs properly so I straightened it out and had 2 functional fogs for the first time.

I emailed VIPMOTOZ about the faulty headlight, and was surprised to recieve an email in return stating that they offer a 60 day warranty on the housing itself vs the lifetime warranty on the bulbs. I was told I can buy a new headlight at a minimal discount, but there was nothing more they can do for me.

I’m not forking out more cash for faulty parts and trash service, so I’m now out of pocket quite a bit for these garbage housings that failed less than 60 days out of a 60 day warranty. 4 months. I will be buying the new VLAND triple beams to match my RX, and warning anyone who may be looking at VIPMOTOZ that they may suffer the same fate as I did if they choose to order from them.

Notice: VIPMOTOZ does not manufacture the lights. They are simply responsible for the products they choose to carry and keeping their customers happy.

Photos to follow.

The following 2 users liked this post by Grizsk:
Lfoo1 (03-06-19), MolonLabe (03-06-19)
Old 03-07-19, 04:13 AM
soulific
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

that sucks.... One reason I'm afraid to open my headlights, let alone buy aftermarket...

I found ISF tails for a good price, aftermarket brand, and one is condensation also. Never have luck with these.

Good luck with yours! A blow dryer/heat gun, and some silicone can solve them. But if you paid expecting a good product I understand the frustration.
Old 03-07-19, 06:21 AM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had that problem before I thought it was my fault, they offer a discount too and at that time I desperately needed a headlight . They said they double sealed it but still had condensation in it. I went out and but myself some silicone and sealed it even more and I have yet to have condensation.
Old 03-07-19, 07:21 PM
LowRida
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the VLAND headlights, I've had them on for about a month now I hope I don't run into any issues like this. If you end up purchasing the VLAND headlights make sure you adjust the headlights before you put them on. I put them on and realized my passenger one was off so I had to remove my whole air filter and adjust it to get the floor lighting aligned with the driver side. Also wouldn't it be a somewhat easy fix? Maybe you could pull the headlight out, get rid of the condensation and use some silicone all around it. Use silicone at all the places you might think it's getting the water from and hope for the best.

Also here's a picture of my headlights
Old 03-07-19, 07:58 PM
srt1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn bro, sorry to hear that crap. I could sugg to open them yourself and reseal them, it's fairly easy and you be sure to do it correctly. I've taken apart many headlights, and I am confident at putting it back correctly. However, not everyone likes to tackle even the easy DIY's. There's many people on here who could help you out, DIY, so you won't have to pay more for a new one. Why pay more when YOU can fix it. Be positive and give it an attempt . What's the worst that could happen, condensation again? !