IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Viper 5704 Remote starter shutting the engine off on tapping brake

Old 12-30-13, 10:22 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Idatalink BLADETB bypass module on mine

Originally Posted by topspeed55
The brake pedal NEEDS to shut the engine OFF, that is correct or else ANYONE can get into you car while remote started and drive off for as long as they don't shut off the car. Brake pedal shut off is a safety feature and it would be stupid to disable it. Your car SHOULD require two taps of the start/stop button like turning a key to ACC and then to the ON position and SHOULD shut off when the brake pedal is depressed anytime before the ON position (meaning before you initialize the chip key to the car).
this is what I thought too since the car automatically unlocks when remote-started
Old 12-30-13, 01:09 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

My car doesn't unlock when remote started.
Old 12-30-13, 01:11 PM
drigun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
I have the Idatalink BLADETB bypass module on mine

this is what I thought too since the car automatically unlocks when remote-started
Thanks for the response. I think bestbuy installers just didn't do the correct wiring. The module i had them install on my car also had similar features as the one you mentioned. I realized this when i compared the manuals for both the modules.
Old 01-03-14, 06:29 AM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

your best bet was to take it back originally. you knew that something was up from the get go. what reyo said is true and makes sense. just think of it as a regular car without the push-start function. you still start the car like normal for remote start, get in your car, stick your key in, and turn it 2 notches forward without turning the car on and drive off right? so same ordeal with the push start function.. you have to get into the mode prior to driving off which is the two push. best buy and circuit city has the WORSE installers in history. i would NEVER get any audio or security work done at best buy. just saying .. a little too late for you but oh well ... what's been done, been done. lol good luck on your journey to successfully abuse the remote start feature without further hiccups.
Old 01-04-14, 07:17 AM
drigun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn bestbuy, on top of shutting the engine off every single time i remote start, the auto lights stay turned on even after the engine shuts off after remote start timer went off. I ended up jump starting twice till now in the past 2 weeks since i had the so called professional installation at bestbuy.
Before i realized it was the lights draining the battery, I thought the battery got old and i even replaced the battery another shaving i went through.
And another thing is the shock sensor goes off all the time even when everything is quite outside. Doesn't matter day or night. It just goes offffff. They replaced and installed a new shock sensor and even then having the same issue. Pretty much fraked up by bestbuy. I'm gonna take it back and ask them to remove everything and give me a refund. Atleast now they will work seriously to fix the ****up

Please pardon my frustration!!!
Old 01-04-14, 08:16 AM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drigun
And another thing is the shock sensor goes off all the time even when everything is quite outside. Doesn't matter day or night. It just goes offffff. They replaced and installed a new shock sensor and even then having the same issue. Pretty much fraked up by bestbuy.
Isn't there different levels of sensitivity for the shock sensor?
Old 01-04-14, 12:02 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

There should be adjustments. In the Viper 5902, it's pretty easy to adjust and a lot of different levels of sensitivity.