Dealer refusing to enter my car at all

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-13, 05:23 AM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealer refusing to enter my car at all

Hi,

Considering that my Lexus is from USA " IS350" the dealer in my country " Saudi Arabia" Refused to enter my car to the workshop !

I also told him I brought the car for a cam-gear recall . He didn't replay. and kept ignoring me and served other customer once he knew its from USA

How can I make a claim to Lexus headquarters ?

This is really ridiculous , the dealer doesn't allow any car brought overseas to enter the workshop to force citizens to only buy cars from him ( only one dealer in my the country ) .

I want to make a big claim because he shouldn't handle the name of lexus if he will act with the customers like so . I mean other dealers like BMW from my experience don't have such racist.

thank you

Last edited by See5; 11-30-13 at 05:25 AM. Reason: spell mistake
Old 11-30-13, 07:21 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Unfortunately Lexus dealerships in other countries are under no obligation to perform recalls or any warranty work on cars they didn't sell. If you want the recall done you'll need to get it done at a dealership/in a country that honours Lexus USA warranty claims, such as the USA or Canada.

I'm not sure you have any way to get your dealership to work on the car, especially for warranty work, they just don't have to do it pretty much.

That said, you may be able to speak with a Lexus USA dealership and see if you can get another shop to perform the recall. I know here in Canada if the car is a certain distance from a Lexus dealership, a Toyota dealership can perform the recall, or if a certain distance from a Toyota dealership an independent shop can perform the recall (the Lexus dealership will send the parts to the other shop and reimburse the labour after they get a bill back). That's about the only method I could possibly think of to get this stuff done, but I've never done it personally and I haven't seen it done overseas either.

Good luck.

Jeff
Old 11-30-13, 09:37 AM
See5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Unfortunately Lexus dealerships in other countries are under no obligation to perform recalls or any warranty work on cars they didn't sell. If you want the recall done you'll need to get it done at a dealership/in a country that honours Lexus USA warranty claims, such as the USA or Canada.

I'm not sure you have any way to get your dealership to work on the car, especially for warranty work, they just don't have to do it pretty much.

That said, you may be able to speak with a Lexus USA dealership and see if you can get another shop to perform the recall. I know here in Canada if the car is a certain distance from a Lexus dealership, a Toyota dealership can perform the recall, or if a certain distance from a Toyota dealership an independent shop can perform the recall (the Lexus dealership will send the parts to the other shop and reimburse the labour after they get a bill back). That's about the only method I could possibly think of to get this stuff done, but I've never done it personally and I haven't seen it done overseas either.

Good luck.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

appreciate your time,,,

They would refuse any car not just one's from USA .

My major issue isn't the recall it self.

My question is why they refuse my car entering the workshop at all . I can't do brake fluid flush or brake pad replacement or anything .

Aren't they responsible for handling Toyota cars whatever they came from ?

thank you
Old 11-30-13, 09:48 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

I don't know what the rules and regulations are in SA, but I would think that it would be up to them whether or not they will work on a car. If their policy is they will only work on products they have sold, I don't really see how you could get them to work on your car. It's probably something you'd only be able to negotiate with that dealer themselves.

Not sure though, you may need to check with your local business bureaus or similar if such a thing exists?

Jeff
Old 11-30-13, 11:04 AM
See5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I don't know what the rules and regulations are in SA, but I would think that it would be up to them whether or not they will work on a car. If their policy is they will only work on products they have sold, I don't really see how you could get them to work on your car. It's probably something you'd only be able to negotiate with that dealer themselves.

Not sure though, you may need to check with your local business bureaus or similar if such a thing exists?

Jeff
lol no such thing exist in SA . The Unfortunately we don't have good workshops around here . I guess only way to service my car is for me doing so DIY . thank you lexus.

that cam-shaft rattle happened to my car 3 times in last two weeks ! I think I must sell the car if I have no one capable of doing such crucial recall even on my own cost,

So you might be asking why didn't you buy your car at first from SA ? the reason is because our dealer only serve IS300 which has smaller engine and weaker by 90 HP.

anyway do you know a website that I can contact lexus in ? I know they care about their customers
Old 11-30-13, 01:52 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

As the car was originally sold by Lexus USA, I would suggest contacting them is probably your best bet.

All of their contact information is listed on their website.

Jeff
Old 11-30-13, 03:32 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

different countries has different emissions regulations so I can see that happening. My friend had a JDM imported 97 MK4 supra and the local dealership could not perform major maintenance because major parts were different. for one the OBD2 scanners are different for different markets. In american as we have standard OBD2 ready vehicles, Europe as EOBD protocol, japan gas JOBD, Australia has ADR protocols for onboard diagnostic which all together is different. There are several other Major differences in the cars in relation to what sensors they use and so on.

Some dealerships has international OBD readers but they cost thousands for a really small population of imported cars which from a business perspective is NOT worth the money. This one dealership may deny you but I would shop around and see if there are any other dealerships that will honor the recall but it is hard to be optimistic that they will. There are a few local shops who specialize in that stuff here so I can imagine there are specialty shops there as well

Unless the car is worth more over there for a USA spec IS, I would send the car back to the states and sell it here as you may have an even smaller population of people who would want to even BUY a US spec IS to deal with this issue

*EDIT*
Reason why my OBD comments is important in recall is to test and make sure that the car is in working condition at completion of service. With out this, they can cannot guarantee that good work has been done so I can see why dealerships refuse to take in your car

Last edited by NYKnick101; 11-30-13 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-30-13, 06:20 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

There are definitely reasons I can see for them to deny service on your Lexus, it doesn't match what they work on, they probably don't have parts catalogs for it (as you said the IS350 was never sold in SA), and they may not be able to connect to the computer on it (as NYKnick stated).

So you may end up best off finding a shop that is willing and capable of working on an international car. That's probably what I would suggest, I thing your Lexus dealership may not be equipped to properly work on the car, or at least that is there opinion of the situation.

Jeff
Old 12-01-13, 04:04 AM
See5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
different countries has different emissions regulations so I can see that happening. My friend had a JDM imported 97 MK4 supra and the local dealership could not perform major maintenance because major parts were different. for one the OBD2 scanners are different for different markets. In american as we have standard OBD2 ready vehicles, Europe as EOBD protocol, japan gas JOBD, Australia has ADR protocols for onboard diagnostic which all together is different. There are several other Major differences in the cars in relation to what sensors they use and so on.

Some dealerships has international OBD readers but they cost thousands for a really small population of imported cars which from a business perspective is NOT worth the money. This one dealership may deny you but I would shop around and see if there are any other dealerships that will honor the recall but it is hard to be optimistic that they will. There are a few local shops who specialize in that stuff here so I can imagine there are specialty shops there as well

Unless the car is worth more over there for a USA spec IS, I would send the car back to the states and sell it here as you may have an even smaller population of people who would want to even BUY a US spec IS to deal with this issue

*EDIT*
Reason why my OBD comments is important in recall is to test and make sure that the car is in working condition at completion of service. With out this, they can cannot guarantee that good work has been done so I can see why dealerships refuse to take in your car

Thank you and thx Jeff,

My dealer sells exactly the same car but with the 3.5 liter engine >>> which he sells on GS350 and on all 2014+ IS models . I do OBD2 diagnosis using computer software and nowadays it isn't like old cars . The protocols differ minor only.

You have to be proud to be in USA that all I can say. Here we have not even a single shop that tunes a car lol.

My car sells at higher price here because of demand , I don't need to spend 3000$ again to ship it back !

thanks all
Old 12-01-13, 07:24 AM
ICU2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lexus dealers in Australia refuse to service any Lexus from outside the country as well - had a user on the Australian forums complain that an IS350 Japanese Import couldn't be even booked in for a normal service. I don't think that you'll get much help from Lexus USA though as they can't do anything outside their market.

At least you can import cars into Saudi Arabia in Australia it is very very hard to import cars, you can't import anything that's sold locally unless it's a personal import. It's $80k for a full spec'd IS250 here and $60k for a base, I'm pree sure you can buy a LS460 in the US for that money (200k+ car in Australia...)