IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

06 IS350 issues HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 10:44 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 IS350 issues HELP!!

Hey everyone I am back with another issue that happeend with out 06 IS350. While leaving a buddies house tonight, we went over a speed bump slow and a couple errors popped up. I stoped the car and it was fine. Drove home no issues. Turned the car off, noticed the steering wheel did not move up and out of the way. Got out, tried to arm the car with the FOB and it will not arm/lock. I can unlock the doors, see the lights flasf, hear the beep when it unlocks. Tried to start the car and it will not start. The light does not turn green on the start button. No power to the windows from the switchs on the door. No power to the seats nor radio. The battery is a Red top gel cell. The starter rely has been replaced. HELP
Old 11-16-13, 10:47 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

I did have the FOB in my right side pocket of my hoodie where the seat belt was. Could that have caused this issue? The check system and tire lights come on. The p/s light is on, ABS light is on also. The parking brake is not pushed in.
Old 11-17-13, 05:39 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like you have a power connection that came loose or your battery is about gone. Start by checking the battery than start looking at the main power fuses and cables for something loose or blown.
Old 11-17-13, 06:36 AM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Okay thanks. I will check into that.
Old 11-17-13, 10:18 AM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgr7
Sounds like you have a power connection that came loose or your battery is about gone. Start by checking the battery than start looking at the main power fuses and cables for something loose or blown.
The battery is brand new Red Top that is less then three months old. My husband checked all of the fuses on the driver side bank. I checked a few on the passenger side but will check all. Being it was late 11pm, I did not have a chance to get a real good look under the hood by the battery.
Old 11-17-13, 10:59 AM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

The battey was disconnected over night and I jist hooked it up. I still cannot start the car. The light never turns green on the start button. There is a error that said to check the system tire is low, the P/S light is on the dash, check engine light, brake light and the warrning. I still do not have power to the windows, seats, radio. Help please...
Old 11-17-13, 12:03 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Horn, headlights and turn signals works. I found another fuse bank under the plastic on the drivers side right behind the driver's head light. Checked all of them wiggled the bigger ones around and still nothing..
Old 11-17-13, 12:18 PM
Offspring
Lead Lap

Might sound stupid but I was in a similar situation. Turns out the brake pedal wasn't depressed enough to start the car, and because I kept pushing it without the car being on, it got stiff. I really had to push on the pedal

On the other hand I didn't have all these errors you are getting.
Old 11-17-13, 12:22 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Whisperss
Horn, headlights and turn signals works. I found another fuse bank under the plastic on the drivers side right behind the driver's head light. Checked all of them wiggled the bigger ones around and still nothing..
I'm not sure if different car year has different fuse locations, but there is also a fuse box under the hood in the passenger side. Some of those fuse are difficult to remove (bolted down).

Also, have you get the battery tested at Auto Zone? I know you said it's new, but I would get it check anyway to completely rule it out.
Old 11-17-13, 12:42 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Okay will do. I bought a OBDII reader to see if that will point me in the right diffection.
Old 11-17-13, 01:28 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Typo: dirrection..
So just for the heck of it... I took off the ABS relays and tried to start the car no go. Took out the ABS motor relay no go. Still has the errors.
Old 11-17-13, 02:43 PM
Whisperss
Driver School Candidate

Well problem solved. Hooked up the OBDII reader and cleared the P0705 error and we are back in business. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-17-13, 03:42 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Anyone know what the P0705 error code is?
Old 11-17-13, 03:53 PM
Acingteam
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
Anyone know what the P0705 error code is?
http://engine-codes.com/p0705_toyota.html

Something to do with transmission. Hopefully it's a glitch and doesn't come back after clearing it.
Old 11-17-13, 04:07 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

So did you not have it in PARK it entire time? I have noticed you can turn the car off while in DRIVE and the steering wheel won't tilt up and back like normal. If you did have it in PARK, I guess the car's system didn't recognize it to be in P.

Quick Reply: 06 IS350 issues HELP!!