IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking at '07 is 350

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-13, 05:59 PM
3sm1l
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Looking at '07 is 350

Hello CL! Big lurker here, i love the Lexus IS and i've been saving to buy one for years. It seems the moment has arrived and i want you to tell me what do you guys think about this one:

http://www.supercarros.com/Carros/Lexus/IS/345017.html

Sorry that the page is in Spanish but i just want to see your opinions by looking at the photos! I plan to contact the dealer to make a visit!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 3sm1l; 12-15-13 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-12-13, 06:06 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

First off, you'll be VERY happy with the IS350! That particular 2IS looks like it has IS-F type wheels; I guess that's a plus. Also has an aftermarket rear lip and color-matching grille surround. Looks really clean, but the pics aren't the best. Could be the pics, but the panel gaps look off in places. Let us know what the mileage and what you're thoughts are on the price; I've got no idea what these things go for out of the US.

GL and welcome!

Last edited by Gville350; 11-12-13 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-12-13, 06:14 PM
3sm1l
Rookie

Thank you for your answer! Yeah, I thought about some panels gaps looking off in some places but it may be the photos. The car looks very clean and just want to do some close inspection myself (BTW, any recommendations on what to look for?)

I think i can haggle down 500-1000 dollars from that price, although the car is a steal, considering the conditions and the price it already has, they are a little more expensive than that price! That's why i'm so interested in it!
Old 11-13-13, 01:08 PM
Gr33nHrn3t
Driver

Yeah, I converted from a 250 to a 350 and I love it!

Check for:
-gap alignment
-scratches
-dents
-check tire tread
-does the white color match?
-does the touch screen work? this was a common issue but can be fixed by buying another touch screen panel from ebay however installation is a PITA
-make sure dash and door panels have no gouges,scratches(06-08 ISX50's made with brittle material)
-turn the bass all the way up to check for rattles
-check rear view mirror for any black lines,blobs,etc..
-dash popping out
-windshield trim moldings might look like it's crumbling

sorry man I'm not trying to scare you but these are common issues with the 06-08's, just trying to inform you of potential headache later on.
Old 11-21-13, 03:34 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is nothing like having an IS350! Power, style & respect. I got mine about 3 months ago & have not regret my decision one bit. You'll love the is350. The car ad your looking at looks great. Just be careful though. Make sure you check for scratches, dents, brakes, engine, etc. Car may look great with the rear lip kit, f sport grill, ISF tail lights but don't be fooled. Internal counts the most! Last thing you would want is a lemon. Make sure you bring a couple friends or family members who are good at cars to come with you before making any big decisions. Goodluck.

Last edited by slickwil89; 11-21-13 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-21-13, 11:29 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I love my is350 and im sure you will too. just enough power to maintain being a fun car. like everyone said make sure everything is okay with the car though. i would take the VIN and see if the car was maintained well before you jump into it.

if everything works out, youre golden
Old 11-22-13, 04:07 PM
350Nva
Driver

oooo nice. It has IS-F wheels, rear lip, IS-F tails, and IS-F mesh front grille with color matched surrounding.

How many miles are on it for $23500? I paid 20k for my 07 is350 a year ago with 70k miles.
Old 11-23-13, 12:11 PM
3sm1l
Rookie

I've not checked the car yet. It is a little far away from where i live but i plan to do it in 2 weeks max.

The car has some extras that would make my modding journey a little easier/faster. Just have to see if it doesn't have any issues or it is a lemon...

So far it looks like a promising car, i plan to paid for it in cash so, how much do you guys think i could cut from the sticker price?
Old 11-23-13, 07:36 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would call them to ask the mileage, to be honest. Could be a deal breaker from the start. If it is high mileage, $23,500 could be way too much. Paid about $20k for my '06 IS350 over three years ago and it had 72k on it. The one you are looking at has a few more options (I don't have nav or heated/ventilated seats) but they are asking $3,500 more than I paid more than three years ago. Get an answer on the mileage to make a better informed decision.
Old 11-24-13, 10:15 AM
Raybean
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slammer1
I would call them to ask the mileage, to be honest. Could be a deal breaker from the start. If it is high mileage, $23,500 could be way too much. Paid about $20k for my '06 IS350 over three years ago and it had 72k on it. The one you are looking at has a few more options (I don't have nav or heated/ventilated seats) but they are asking $3,500 more than I paid more than three years ago. Get an answer on the mileage to make a better informed decision.
op is from another country. could be a reasonable amount where hes from.
Old 12-15-13, 05:08 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

Update Guys, need your opinion here!

1. Checked every panel to see if one of them was replaced, and all of them are the original panel (They have the car serial number and they are not painted)
  2. It doesn't have any rust issues outside or in the trunk, as far as i could see.
  3. The car has 52k milles (Good or bad?)
  4. I could negotiate the price down to 20k, that's 3.5 left than the advertised price!
  5. The only error i could see in the panel was the Check System with the low tire pressure symbol on one side.
  6. The interior looks a little dirty, but as it is a '07. I think a good detailing and leather treatment should do it.
  7. The car started right of, no problems.
  8. Test drove it with my buddy and we couldn't find any issues. My brother in law said that it felt the car a little rough on the road (My country road sucks btw) but i also told him that this car is on 19's ISF wheels and low pressure tires so it should account for that right?
  9. Anyways, I'm planing to get the car to an certified inspector so he can hook the computers and check the brakes, suspension, engine, chassis. All of it.

Apart from that, I want you to help me with this:

The car is lowered, and at this angle in the photo the wheel looks like it is a bit of center? I know that it may be the angle, as i saw some car on internet photos with somewhat the same problem. My buddy and i didn't felt any tugging to the sides or any weird steering feeling.

Apart from that, i saw like other 10 IS350 yesterday and no one could match it in price/extras ratio. Only one MRM 2008 was tempting me, but the price difference was 7.5k dollars!

The front bumper looks like it's been retouched with paint and there are a little paint chip in the driver door handle.

What do you say guys? is it worth it?
Old 12-15-13, 08:19 AM
Gville350

At $20k with that amount of miles, I'd say it's worth it!
Old 12-15-13, 08:41 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

Thanks Gville!

What about the Check System light?
Old 12-15-13, 04:38 PM
Gville350

^Could be a couple of things; first make sure the tires have above 30 psi in them. If the pressure is good, it could be that the wheels don't have TPMS sensors on them (or at least working ones).
Old 12-15-13, 08:37 PM
Boostd
Driver

Don;t be afraid to drive it like you stole it on the test drive and see how the tranny acts. Make sure it shifts crisply and quickly. Good luck with your decision!! Also, don't be afraid to throw out a low number to start if you decide to buy it, then shut up until he throws out a number and go from there. Remember, all he can say is no and the first number is always the most important in a negotiation. And like everybody else said, check body gaps. Some people get in a wreck and never report to the insurance and fix it themselves to keep from diminishing the value of the car. That way it never hits the Carmax.

Quick Reply: Looking at '07 is 350