IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealers will not budge on the price of a 2011 IS350 F-Sport.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-13, 09:53 AM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Dealers will not budge on the price of a 2011 IS350 F-Sport.

So I'm in Arizona and I'm just shopping over the web, going to sites like cars, autotrader, etc. And I see some white 2011 IS350 F-Sport going for 31k and I would call in and ask for 28k or something but they wouldn't budge, they say that's the best price they can do. Are they just playing hard ball or is that really the best they can do? I mean those cars were trade-ins so... it's not like they lose a profit. They still make a profit but not as much and I'm willing to buy at 28k.

Finding this White/Black IS350 is a pain in the butt, it's been going on for like two years. They never have my car in Arizona and if they do, it's super overpriced with high miles.

EDIT: One has 46k miles and the other has 35k miles, both are 2011 White IS350 F-Sports. One is from a Lexus dealership and the other is from a Chrysler, both pre-owned certified I believe.

Last edited by F Monster; 11-12-13 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-12-13, 11:21 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

You didn't say how many miles the car has. If that's the most you're willing to pay is 28 (and the car is worth less than that) and the least amount the dealer would accept is 31, then the deal just won't happen.

I had tried to get a car from a Lexus dealer before, and they won't budge on $500 (I won't either because I had already gone higher than I think the car is worth). I end up getting one from non-Lexus dealership. You might want to consider that if the car year you want to buy is under basic warranty, which makes the CPO useless and just adds cost.
Old 11-12-13, 11:32 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At that price they will definitely be making money. But how much you won't know. You don't know what they bought the car for or how much they have in it. 31 is a good price.
Old 11-12-13, 11:38 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

wait until end of the month...you might be able to find some deals....
Old 11-12-13, 12:04 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a 2011 is350 non f sport w/ 60k miles for 24k was thinking of trading my 08 w/ the same miles but not sure if going another 5-6 k deeper in debt is worth led headlights and better interior exterior colors , herm..
I might just wait another year once Inhave more equity , I am about dead even now
Old 11-12-13, 12:24 PM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kickin8
This is very true, they might be willing to budge if they need to meet a sales goal.
Old 11-12-13, 12:43 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nosurprise
You didn't say how many miles the car has. If that's the most you're willing to pay is 28 (and the car is worth less than that) and the least amount the dealer would accept is 31, then the deal just won't happen.

My bad, I re-edited it. One has 48k and the other has 35k miles. Both are 2011 White IS350 F-Sport going for 31k. One is from a Lexus dealership and the other is from a Chrysler's dealership. I believe they are both pre-owned certified.

I had tried to get a car from a Lexus dealer before, and they won't budge on $500 (I won't either because I had already gone higher than I think the car is worth). I end up getting one from non-Lexus dealership. You might want to consider that if the car year you want to buy is under basic warranty, which makes the CPO useless and just adds cost.
Gotcha. Will do.

Originally Posted by iRock
At that price they will definitely be making money. But how much you won't know. You don't know what they bought the car for or how much they have in it. 31 is a good price.
It is but I always think if it's in the 30k range then I might as well purchase a used ISF.

This is what I'm going to do.

Originally Posted by circuitt
I found a 2011 is350 non f sport w/ 60k miles for 24k was thinking of trading my 08 w/ the same miles but not sure if going another 5-6 k deeper in debt is worth led headlights and better interior exterior colors , herm..
I might just wait another year once Inhave more equity , I am about dead even now
That's not a bad deal.

Originally Posted by vapid2323
This is very true, they might be willing to budge if they need to meet a sales goal.
Hopefully. I'll make another call, but 28k for the car from 31k isn't really "low balling". If anything, they merked the previous owner for trading it in. I say they probably got it for around 24k-26k based on KBB values.
Old 11-12-13, 01:54 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Exact same thing happened to me but I wanted a nice car so I decided to pay a nice price maybe if you were paying all cash they'd bring it down other than that good luck
Old 11-12-13, 03:10 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the same dilemma, except I still haven't found one. Haha. White/Black IS350 is next to impossible to find in Texas...might have to start searching out of state. My budget is at $28k as well.
Old 11-12-13, 03:21 PM
vapid2323
Pole Position

If you are looking for a rare car, like mine was then you will have to sometimes pay the premium. Even with that said, these cars are good, they know if you are not going to by it someone else won't think twice.

If the car has only been on the lot for a few days I would not expect them to drop the price much. I am thinking 1,500 or so would be the max.

If the car is still around a month from now you will have a much better chance to get a deeper discount.
Old 11-12-13, 04:07 PM
qtmac
Rookie

yup exactly what vapid2323 said. White on black is pretty sought after so everyone wants it. The dealer knows this so they KNOW they can sell it for that much and eventually someone will buy it for that price. Why sell it to you for $28k when the next guy in line is willing to pay $31 for it.

I was in the same boat as you shopping around for a white on black combo in a 06-07 model is350. Finally found one 9hrs away and the price was more than i wanted to pay but they told me exactly that, it was the best color combo and the next guy in line will buy it if i didn't. So i said ok ill take it and drove 9hrs to get it
Old 11-12-13, 05:10 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

and december to remember is around the corner....
Old 11-12-13, 05:23 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, I might've found the same vehicle you were looking at, the 35k @ $31k. I offered them $29k and the guy was hesitant but said he will try to see if he can make it work. I'm still in between deciding if I want a F-Sport or Luxury package...so if you're interested at that price try shooting them the same offer.
Old 11-12-13, 05:35 PM
F Monster
Lead Lap

and december to remember is around the corner....
Is that a sales event? If so, do they cover used cars as well or only new ones?

Originally Posted by equalme
OP, I might've found the same vehicle you were looking at, the 35k @ $31k. I offered them $29k and the guy was hesitant but said he will try to see if he can make it work. I'm still in between deciding if I want a F-Sport or Luxury package...so if you're interested at that price try shooting them the same offer.
Did he get back to you with a fixed price? I just offered them 28k this morning and they wouldn't budge, they were a LOT nicer than the other dealership in rejecting me. I'll try my luck towards the end of the month.

P.S. What is power sunshade? Everyone's talking about how it's not on the F-Sport.
Old 11-12-13, 05:41 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Do both cars have same features? I would definitely tried to get the 35k miles one if they have same features; 48k is about to be out of warranty. Only Lexus dealerships can offer Lexus CPO warranty; but certified doesn't mean Lexus CPO.

The power sunshade is a shade that comes up on the rear window to shade the backseats of the car.

Quick Reply: Dealers will not budge on the price of a 2011 IS350 F-Sport.