370 RPM and Car is abnormal after changing battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-13, 08:57 PM
See5
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 370 RPM and Car is abnormal after changing battery

Hi

I had to change my dead battery for a new one so I bought a new one that makes out 72 Amps . It is electronic one and it is called EXIDE

After installing, I pushed the button and the car started for a sec and then shut itself !. On second attempt car started and the AC wouldn't turn ON .

On the third attempt and until now the car would start But there is something wrong

1- when starting in the morning it doesn't make a Cold Start, the RPM won't go up.

2 When stationary the RPM stays on 370 RPM !!! it feels that the car will shut itself

3 Windows are so slow now

4- When stationary the AC compressor Won't operate because of the low RPM , I have to push the throttle to get to +500 RPM . And once I release my foot it would go off immediately .

The new battery voltage is 13 volt when the engine is off

The car had non of the issues 5 minutes before installing , and there are no error codes now.

So what do you think is the cause ?
Old 09-06-13, 05:35 AM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by See5
Hi

I had to change my dead battery for a new one so I bought a new one that makes out 72 Amps . It is electronic one and it is called EXIDE

After installing, I pushed the button and the car started for a sec and then shut itself !. On second attempt car started and the AC wouldn't turn ON .

On the third attempt and until now the car would start But there is something wrong

1- when starting in the morning it doesn't make a Cold Start, the RPM won't go up.

2 When stationary the RPM stays on 370 RPM !!! it feels that the car will shut itself

3 Windows are so slow now

4- When stationary the AC compressor Won't operate because of the low RPM , I have to push the throttle to get to +500 RPM . And once I release my foot it would go off immediately .

The new battery voltage is 13 volt when the engine is off

The car had non of the issues 5 minutes before installing , and there are no error codes now.

So what do you think is the cause ?
sounds like your alternator has died
Old 09-06-13, 07:08 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Did you let your car running at least 5-10 mins after battery changed? When ever you reset your UCE, it needs little time to reconfig everything therefore little time to adjust airflow is needed.
Someone please correct me if i was wrong!!
Old 09-06-13, 07:11 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Did you let your car running at least 5-10 mins after battery changed? When ever you reset your UCE, it needs little time to reconfig everything therefore little time to adjust airflow is needed.
Someone please correct me if i was wrong!!
you are correct, this should also be done with all accesories off, including any lights and a/c.
Old 09-06-13, 01:05 PM
ChumpusRex
Driver School Candidate

Have you rebooted the windows properly? You need to do this if you disconnect the battery. They will not work properly until you do this.

Open each window fully, hold the switch down for one second at full open. Then close the windows, and hold the switch for 1 second after window has fully closed. Do this for each window.

Any chance that you disturbed a vacuum line? A disconnected vacuum line will make the car run very badly at idle.

Also, the first non-start is normal. When you put on a new battery, the car will not start the first time. It will just crank and then die.
Old 09-07-13, 01:45 AM
See5
Pole Position

PROBLEM SOLVED !

Thanks for participation.

Apperantly the ECU were reset and the car had to re-learn to the new changes .

about 30 hours after replacing,all the problems are suddenly gone when I started the car in the evenining.

The windows needed to be programmed by pushing each button 5 seconds down and then 5 seconds up ! It is a procedure that should be done each time a Lexus battery is changed.

I had a battery change one year ago and these problems didn't occur though .... So you might face them you might not.

Better to leave this info for others

thank you
Old 09-07-13, 08:20 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

got to hear your problem is solved.
Old 09-07-13, 11:53 AM
biiishplz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the problem is solved, but I just thought I'd share this since I learned it from the guy who changed my battery (I used AAA Battery Service). To reset the ECU, he started the car, ran it to 2500-3000 rpm for 30 seconds, turned it off immediately, and then restarted. Back to normal immediately! Despite being a classic car guy, this guy even knew how to reset the windows, which really surprised me.