IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 06:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

should get my car back today, performed the wiper blade nut and trunk release latch recall too
Old 10-29-13, 08:26 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my case, I got the recall done then I got the letter.
Old 10-29-13, 10:31 AM
Kumar350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been almost two weeks and no noisy starts. Cars running great no complaints.
Old 10-31-13, 05:06 AM
slickwil89
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Helpful feed! Good to be aware of this recall
Old 11-02-13, 09:56 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sy02
my IS 350 recall was done already and changed my sparkplug charged me $60 labor cost
You brought in the spark plugs right? I am scheduled to bring mine in for the recall Wednesday morning and I happen to have spark plugs I purchased from Sewell a few weeks back but haven't gotten around to installing myself. If they will do it for under $100 I may just let them do it while they have it.
Old 11-02-13, 10:19 AM
g2bme
Pole Position

Does this happen with the 250's as well? I've heard the noise during my cold start ups or at least when I drive and stop multiple times in one day. I've brought it up once before at brought it in but they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Has anyone with a 250 gotten any success in getting it fixed? I just dropped mine off for servicing and brought it to the service agents attention. He was firm on saying that the 350 is completely different from the 250 and there is no such problem with the 250's. He said he'll try to get the duplicate done but no guarantee that it'll happen. It's notated on my service history.

On a side note, I got the 2014 250 loaner and so far not impressed.
Old 11-06-13, 08:04 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Soap
You brought in the spark plugs right? I am scheduled to bring mine in for the recall Wednesday morning and I happen to have spark plugs I purchased from Sewell a few weeks back but haven't gotten around to installing myself. If they will do it for under $100 I may just let them do it while they have it.
They wanted $130 for labor so I passed on it. Dropped the car off this morning for all 3 safety recalls only to then find out they might not even have the parts for the vvt recall. Very frustrating that I drove 45 minutes to the dealer only to find that out. Top it off with being stuck in an older is250.
Old 11-10-13, 06:26 PM
350Nva
Driver

Dropped mines off for the recall as well as the wiper nut and trunk release. Had a 4GS loaner for 3 days.
Old 11-11-13, 05:18 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I did my VVT actuator gear recall about 2-3 weeks ago and car runs the same before recall was done. Yesterday I pull my car out for a wash, while doing so I found a small puddle of oil in my garage floor. I wiped the oil off and see no signs of oil today, so I thought could it be the loaner I had was leaking? Anyway, today I jack up my car and find no sign of oil on the floor, but my bottom of car is oil wet, no signs of dripping, and it's not leaking from my normal drain plug. I check my oil level and it's exactly half way of my oil level dips stick, so for sure I have lost oil. Does anyone know if this VVT recall work will cause an oil leak? I did my oiled change 500 miles before I dropped it off for recall, now 1000 miles later problem occurs. Please help and advise....
Old 11-11-13, 06:35 AM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
So I did my VVT actuator gear recall about 2-3 weeks ago and car runs the same before recall was done. Yesterday I pull my car out for a wash, while doing so I found a small puddle of oil in my garage floor. I wiped the oil off and see no signs of oil today, so I thought could it be the loaner I had was leaking? Anyway, today I jack up my car and find no sign of oil on the floor, but my bottom of car is oil wet, no signs of dripping, and it's not leaking from my normal drain plug. I check my oil level and it's exactly half way of my oil level dips stick, so for sure I have lost oil. Does anyone know if this VVT recall work will cause an oil leak? I did my oiled change 500 miles before I dropped it off for recall, now 1000 miles later problem occurs. Please help and advise....
It could cause a leak , the valve covers are removed, check the seal between the cover and cylinder head for signs of a leak. Obviously return car to the dealer for further inspection as well.
Old 11-11-13, 06:50 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Done

My 06 IS350 fell into the vin range to get the cam fixed. Took it to my local Lex dealer last Thursday 11.7.13 and got 3 recalls done; wiper nut, trunk release and cam. Took them less than 4 hrs to do.

I rarely had the ratlle I may have heard it maybe twice or so since buying the car a few years ago.

I am happy to say everything went well and no issues to report.

Car feels the same.

Old 11-11-13, 07:26 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mike33
It could cause a leak , the valve covers are removed, check the seal between the cover and cylinder head for signs of a leak. Obviously return car to the dealer for further inspection as well.
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks you!!! I will go to them and have them inspect it while i'm there. There is not signs of leakage before my recall service, if it was there they would of notified me already. I hope the leak was from them opening the valve cover, and not from not tighting up afterword. Current lost half of oil stick level of mobile 1 syn.....

Man, car never had any major issue until this service....worried......
Old 11-11-13, 07:28 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
My 06 IS350 fell into the vin range to get the cam fixed. Took it to my local Lex dealer last Thursday 11.7.13 and got 3 recalls done; wiper nut, trunk release and cam. Took them less than 4 hrs to do.

I rarely had the ratlle I may have heard it maybe twice or so since buying the car a few years ago.

I am happy to say everything went well and no issues to report.

Car feels the same.

That's not too bad. The dealer i took it to took over a day so I had loaner for 2 days. Maybe i took it in too early when they're trying to figure out how to fix the recall.... *****....
Old 11-11-13, 08:25 AM
ISFHEMS
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just called Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett to book my car in. The service advisor knew who I was before I gave him any of my details (caller ID?) and told me he would have to order the parts as they don't keep them in stock.

He said he will call once the parts are in and that he will also get the wiper nut and trunk recalls done while it's in too and that a courtesy car would be available as it would be in all day.

I bought my car from this dealership a year ago and have had an overall positive experience so far!

Just wanted to give some praise!
Old 11-11-13, 09:10 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350HEMS
Just called Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett to book my car in. The service advisor knew who I was before I gave him any of my details (caller ID?) and told me he would have to order the parts as they don't keep them in stock.

He said he will call once the parts are in and that he will also get the wiper nut and trunk recalls done while it's in too and that a courtesy car would be available as it would be in all day.

I bought my car from this dealership a year ago and have had an overall positive experience so far!

Just wanted to give some praise!
That's cool. Not all my experience was bad so yes i'll give to some service The shop foreman called me this morning and told me to bring the car back today to relook. If I had leak before the recall wprl they would've let me know before hand, and very possible this leak was caused by the recall done. Will see what they find out today and hopefully no $$ out of my pocket and most importantly they can fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Lexus Recall