IS350 leather seats conversion to F-SPORT seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-13, 07:43 AM
luiss11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 leather seats conversion to F-SPORT seats

Hello,

I am planning on changing my luxury leather seats to the F-SPORT seats. Any info on cost and functionality? BTW its a 2008

Last edited by luiss11; 08-23-13 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Adding something extra.
Old 08-23-13, 09:26 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Are your seats ventilated? You'll lose that with the F-Sport seats.
Cost is going to depend on what you are willing and able to do. If you were planning on heading down to your local dealership and having them install a new set of seats you may be dissapointed. The front seats are ~$8,000, and I don't know what they would charge for installation, if they were willing to do that. If that doesn't sound like fun it is time to start trolling e-bay, the classifieds here, and junkyards to see what you can come up with and install them yourself.

Last edited by WylieKylie; 08-23-13 at 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-26-13, 05:58 AM
luiss11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
Are your seats ventilated? You'll lose that with the F-Sport seats.
Cost is going to depend on what you are willing and able to do. If you were planning on heading down to your local dealership and having them install a new set of seats you may be dissapointed. The front seats are ~$8,000, and I don't know what they would charge for installation, if they were willing to do that. If that doesn't sound like fun it is time to start trolling e-bay, the classifieds here, and junkyards to see what you can come up with and install them yourself.

Hello, yes they are ventilated. I don't mind loosing that function really. And yes the dealer would probably kill me on parts and labor costs. The f-sport seats are not on eBay though. If you have any more info thank you!
Old 08-26-13, 06:47 AM
vapid2323
Pole Position

Are the F-Sport the same as the ISF seats? I really liked the ISF set, and if I was going to replace mine thats what I would pick.
Old 08-26-13, 06:49 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

At the pursuit, i talked to Clazzio company and they mention about making seat cover for our car. I can't find them here any where, if any of you have info of clazzio company, please post it here so i could contact them for more info.
Old 08-26-13, 10:09 AM
my1s250
Lead Lap

http://carleatherseatcovers.com/
Old 08-27-13, 07:54 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luiss11
Hello, yes they are ventilated. I don't mind loosing that function really. And yes the dealer would probably kill me on parts and labor costs. The f-sport seats are not on eBay though. If you have any more info thank you!
I believe IS-F seats are the same as F-Sport seats.

Start checking www.car-part.com for used seats. Some of the yards that list there are willing to ship to you, some will not. Some won't even answer your e-mail if you aren't local. If you are lucky you will find some local yards that list parts there that you can check. Several years ago I found a set of seats (not an IS) on that website that I bought.
Old 08-27-13, 01:35 PM
flameazn
Driver School Candidate

Can i still keep the heated seat if i installed the f seat??
Old 08-28-13, 10:18 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

^ Yes, F-Sport seats are heated.
Old 12-21-20, 03:52 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

Thread Revival!
I am planning on switching my seats to the f sport seats from a 2011 IS350.
Are they plug and play?
Any airbags lights that are going to come on?
I have the heated and ventilated seats so I know i will lose the ventilated seats but at least I will still have the heated seats.

But my biggest concern is the airbags. My friend who also has a 2006 IS350 and installed f sport seats in his car, he tells me that the weight pad on the passenger side doesnt work. So the car doesnt detect if a person sits on the passenger seat. So basically the passenger won’t have an airbag if he gets in an accident however he doesn’t have an airbag light. But he believes the person he bought the seats from messed with the wiring for some reason. So I want to know if this is something that will also happen if I do the conversion or if the person did mess with the wiring in my friend's new seats and hopefully everything works flawlessly with mine.
Old 12-21-20, 08:38 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,495 Likes on 1,245 Posts

I had a longer response, it didn't post.

Make an account on www.alldatadiy.com , it's $35'ish a year and pull up the schematics...
That and do a where used on all parts. Maybe the cooling is simply an unused connector??

These are heated, not cooled, inserts are microfiber. They don't stick to skin and you don't slide under heavy g-forces...

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Some shots of F-Sport interior that a member wanted to see (inbox)...

Old 12-21-20, 10:58 PM
ed21x
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i know the seats on the 2013 is350c F-sports are ventilated... perhaps if you pick a later year?
Old 12-22-20, 04:36 AM
davidbusta
Intermediate

I had a longer response, it didn't post.

Make an account on www.alldatadiy.com , it's $35'ish a year and pull up the schematics...
That and do a where used on all parts. Maybe the cooling is simply an unused connector??

These are heated, not cooled, inserts are microfiber. They don't stick to skin and you don't slide under heavy g-forces...
I have sat in an ISF one time and those seats felt really good and I know the ISF seats and F sports are pretty similar if not identical to each other in the way they feel.

I doubt its just an unused connector because looking at pictures of the underside of the ventilated seats theres a big fan in the center. The f sport seats probably dont have that fan. Either way I am not too concerned about the ventilations because I never really felt it nor really used it. I am more worried about the occupancy sensor not working when someone sits in my friend's passenger seat. I am wondering if this is something that wont work in this conversion or maybe the something is messed up in my friend's f sport seats. Since I was able to find a used set of f sport seats for sale I am hoping this will not be a problem if I change my seats to the fsport seats because obviously I want to make sure that the airbag for my passenger will go off if anything were to happen.
Originally Posted by ed21x
i know the seats on the 2013 is350c F-sports are ventilated... perhaps if you pick a later year?
Really? Thats weird because I know the f-sport seats in the sedan were only heated. Maybe the convertible is different.

Last edited by davidbusta; 12-22-20 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-22-20, 09:29 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,495 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Are you looking for the microfiber inserts (MFI) and high bolstering so you don't slide around? The late model F-Sport are high. GF complains she can't get out sometimes... lol
As I know it, the early IS-F didn't get the MFI, only the late ones.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Old 12-22-20, 12:13 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Are you looking for the microfiber inserts (MFI) and high bolstering so you don't slide around? The late model F-Sport are high. GF complains she can't get out sometimes... lol
As I know it, the early IS-F didn't get the MFI, only the late ones.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Whenever I go to a canyon I get so exhausted just from sliding around in my seat. But I never really thought about getting the f sport seats until my friend switched his seats last week, kind of made me jealous lol. All I am trying to do is to minimize sliding around in my seat and I found a good deal on f sport seats from a 2012 IS350 with the microfiber inserts.

Quick Reply: IS350 leather seats conversion to F-SPORT seats