IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will This Be a Total Loss? (2009 IS 250 2nd Gen.)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 09:47 PM
07IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, that sucks
Old 08-22-13, 07:42 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you're ok. Hope this all turns out ok for you.
Old 08-22-13, 12:43 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

If he's seeing $15k NOW, once they get t up on the rack they'll find about another $2k I'm sure in things he wasn't able to see. You could very well be totalled...which in my mind is better.
Old 08-22-13, 01:14 PM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man, that's some great video...that fool clearly ran a red light. Glad you're ok!! It could've been MUCH worse. You walked away and car can be repaired.
Old 08-22-13, 09:04 PM
AustinL
Driver School Candidate

Got a call from my insurance company this afternoon and it looks like they have decided to deem the car a total loss.

They had repairs at 16K with the possibility of at least 2-3K more if they put it up on a lift and looked deeper.

They have valued the car at $26,291 and taxes at $2,366.20 for a potential settlement amount of $28,657.20

Last edited by AustinL; 08-22-13 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-22-13, 09:07 PM
AustinL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bdub619
Man, that's some great video...that fool clearly ran a red light. Glad you're ok!! It could've been MUCH worse. You walked away and car can be repaired.
Incredibly lucky that a witness had a dash-cam in his truck.

Some of you might be interested to know that the driver of the white car that ran the light and caused the accident gave a statement to my insurance company indicating that I ran the light and that she had no idea what I was doing. She didn't know about the video at that time, but my insurance company has since called her adjuster to let them know about it.

She also asked my adjuster if there were any witnesses. She didn't have any because she drove 3 blocks up the road before stopping. I took contact info from 6 separate people that saw it occur.

Leave it to ol' LAPD not to cite her for running the light or for leaving the scene.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!
Old 08-23-13, 09:37 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear it was totalled. In that video it looked like she bailed and went a block, but 3??? Come on. Well, we reap what we sow. I wonder why they felt bad for someone who ran a light and fled(ish) the scene.

So are you looking at another IS250?
Old 08-23-13, 09:54 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AustinL
Incredibly lucky that a witness had a dash-cam in his truck.

Some of you might be interested to know that the driver of the white car that ran the light and caused the accident gave a statement to my insurance company indicating that I ran the light and that she had no idea what I was doing. She didn't know about the video at that time, but my insurance company has since called her adjuster to let them know about it.

She also asked my adjuster if there were any witnesses. She didn't have any because she drove 3 blocks up the road before stopping. I took contact info from 6 separate people that saw it occur.

Leave it to ol' LAPD not to cite her for running the light or for leaving the scene.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!
Haha. She pretty much screwed herself over with that lie. Big time! Good to hear your okay.
Did you go to the chiropractor?
Old 08-23-13, 10:05 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow glad your ok. I was in a recent accident a few weeks ago. They ended up totalling my car out. Damage was about 6k worth. Even though my car is an older year i guess they figured it was better to just total it instead of fixing it. Im pretty sure they will end up totalling your car. But then again my frame was slightly bent along with everything else. I was at a red light and a truck hit me head on. Hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by tjmhillz; 08-23-13 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-23-13, 11:28 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Time for a IS350!
Old 08-23-13, 11:56 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Time for a IS350!
Old 08-23-13, 12:12 PM
Litcroco
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad everything went well Austin cause I surely have bad luck of stuff like this. One winter after a snow storm I got hit and run by a coworker of mine 3 in the morning after work. Thinking he would stop and chat abt it but in stead he flee and didn't and the phone. The next day when I confront him he didn't admit the incident and reporting to the police was too late. I'm glad you got witness and hope the driver get what she deserve.
Old 08-23-13, 07:54 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I'm surprised that was a total loss. Look like there are some minor frame damage. But the Lexus AFS headlights are extremely expensive. They retail for about $2k each.
Old 08-24-13, 09:22 AM
AustinL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Glad to hear it was totalled. In that video it looked like she bailed and went a block, but 3??? Come on. Well, we reap what we sow. I wonder why they felt bad for someone who ran a light and fled(ish) the scene.

So are you looking at another IS250?
Yeah, looking for something presently. I had the sport package, rear spoiler and it was black/black. There aren’t many that meet that criteria near me, but I’m not in a hurry to buy until I find the right one.

Originally Posted by Sh1nra
Haha. She pretty much screwed herself over with that lie. Big time! Good to hear your okay.
Did you go to the chiropractor?
I really hope her insurance company has instructed her to view the video. Haven’t gone to the chiro yet. I have residual tension and some soreness and carry medical coverage. I may seek someone in the coming days that is willing to bill my insurance directly.

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Wow glad your ok. I was in a recent accident a few weeks ago. They ended up totalling my car out. Damage was about 6k worth. Even though my car is an older year i guess they figured it was better to just total it instead of fixing it. Im pretty sure they will end up totalling your car. But then again my frame was slightly bent along with everything else. I was at a red light and a truck hit me head on. Hope everything works out for you.
They did total my car. Bummer about yours, too. Hope you get what you want.

Originally Posted by Litcroco
I'm glad everything went well Austin cause I surely have bad luck of stuff like this. One winter after a snow storm I got hit and run by a coworker of mine 3 in the morning after work. Thinking he would stop and chat abt it but in stead he flee and didn't and the phone. The next day when I confront him he didn't admit the incident and reporting to the police was too late. I'm glad you got witness and hope the driver get what she deserve.
Thanks! Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds nuts.