Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

8 Beeps When Unlocking The Car Help Please

Old 07-21-13, 12:50 AM   #1
whitecel
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Default 8 Beeps When Unlocking The Car Help Please

Hey guys,
Recently my car has been intermittently making 8 beeps when using the keyless entry to the car. Sometimes it does the standard 2 beeps, but other times it does 8 beeps. Anyone can chime n on what's going on? It's annoying

Door actuator problem? But from inside I can unlock all 4 doors with the switch.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
whitecel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 11:48 AM   #2
chi123
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecel View Post
Hey guys,
Recently my car has been intermittently making 8 beeps when using the keyless entry to the car. Sometimes it does the standard 2 beeps, but other times it does 8 beeps. Anyone can chime n on what's going on? It's annoying

Door actuator problem? But from inside I can unlock all 4 doors with the switch.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Mine sometimes use to do that but I noticed when you unplug the master door switch for a minute or so and the battery as well, it doesn't do it anymore. Try unplugging the switch and see if that works.
Old 07-21-13, 12:17 PM   #3
1Clean06IS
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

yea, that just happened to me when I had all of the switches out to wrap my Trim in CF Vinyl. When I unlocked the door to re-install it beeped a bunch. Pull the trim, disconnect and reconnect the quick plugs and you should be good.

1Clean06IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 07:50 PM   #4
lammy2012
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

I had 2 actuators go bad in the same week. I would beep like that all the time until I just replaced them. Next time it happens, see if other doors are unlocked. Also, if an actuator goes bad,, the car won't beep when locking from outside the drivers door. You'll have to manually lock that door with the bad actuator and then it will beep once to let you know all doors are secure.
lammy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 07:50 PM

Tags
beeping, beeps, car, doors, entry, is250, is350, keyless, lexus, times, unlock, unlocking