IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Well, it was fun while it lasted....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 05:09 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Well, it was fun while it lasted....

Car was totaled yesterday. An old man thought it'd be a good idea to make a left turn in front of me while I was going through an intersection. I hit him going about 50mph.

It didnt work out so well:

Everyone was ok, thank god. All of the airbags went off in my car which was a crazy thing to experience. I ended up going to the hospital because of a neck injury from bulging discs and what not, but I checked out ok.

So what to do now??
Old 07-17-13, 05:20 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Cant see the pics (work blocks them), but sorry to hear man, but glad you checked out after an accident going that fast.

What to do... 3IS? Or something more performance oriented, seems like you like to tinker under the hood!! Oh and sell me your mapecu lol
Old 07-17-13, 05:38 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I found an is-f I like, but its all the way in New York and Im in Louisiana.

I'm going to pull some parts today. If I can get the hood open, I'm gonna grab my intake and try to unwire the mapecu.
Old 07-17-13, 05:45 AM
VIPIs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks sorry to hear that man. What kind of Mods did you have on it? I'm in Louisiana too I have the same color as you.
Old 07-17-13, 05:55 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

HOLLY CRAP.!!! First thank god your ok man... this is crazy!! i know what it feels like.. I hope that guys insurance pays for everything..
Old 07-17-13, 06:05 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good thing you are ok, no serious injuries. same thing happened to me on my previous car. I guess the reflexes and judgement get slow as well with age.
Old 07-17-13, 06:05 AM
LateNyta
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn glad you're okay...how many airbags do we have anyways? I heard 12? good to know at such speed you were able to walk away...
Old 07-17-13, 06:10 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Glad you and everyone is okay! Definitely sucks to have that happen to something you love so much!

And wow! Can't believe someone had the nerve to even ask to buy stuff off your car only a few minutes after posting this horrible incident.
Old 07-17-13, 06:17 AM
HAiS250
Pole Position

you might feel the pain tomorrow
Old 07-17-13, 06:20 AM
VIPIs350
Driver School Candidate

I didn't ask to buy anything. If it sounded like i did I apologize. There's not much of Lexus community in Louisiana so I was curious about his car since I think I've seen him around here. No need to be rude
Old 07-17-13, 06:41 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

No offence taken! THanks for all the well wishes.

Yeah, I'm feeling it today. I thnk 5 air bags went off? That was crazy. I thought I caught on fire for a second after i realized I wasnt impaled or crushed. Ya know whats funny? My wife always feared riding in the car because of how small and "unsafe" it was. She has a new found respect for Lexus engineering.

This happened yesterday around 530pm. Nobody got a ticket because the old guy is claiming a green arrow and i know that I was going through as it just turned yellow. He was trying to turn left from the opposite direction. As I was approaching the intersection, the light turned yellow, but I was too close to stop. So i gassed it, and immediately after I did, he starts to make a move. I thought to myself, "No way this guy is gonna go right now."

Oh look, yes he did!

I immediately hit the brakes swerving to the right, thinking certainly he is now aware of the situation and will stop. Well he didnt, and my car wouldnt either. I dont know if he wasnt paying attention at all, or if he thought I was gonna stop and he could take the yellow for a left turn. Regardless, I had the right of way and I guess insurance will have to figure that out now.

Im in Baton Rouge, btw. I had a lot of performance stuff on the car: custom made hood sealed intake,PPE headers, full exhaust,mapecu3, polished lower intake plenum, fsport rear sway, megan coilovers,enkei nt03 wheels.
Old 07-17-13, 06:46 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

To add insult to injury, my nice sunglasses flew off my face out of the car and so did my new phone. Awesome.
Old 07-17-13, 06:58 AM
Bleezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VIPIs350
I didn't ask to buy anything. If it sounded like i did I apologize. There's not much of Lexus community in Louisiana so I was curious about his car since I think I've seen him around here. No need to be rude
FTR I wasn't referring to you! So the same goes, no need to be rude!

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
To add insult to injury, my nice sunglasses flew off my face out of the car and so did my new phone. Awesome.
I feel your pain there! Last month my new Fendi sunglasses flew out the window when someone did a hard left turn.
Old 07-17-13, 07:01 AM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Glad everything is ok, cheer up and get a new ride :-) best wishes bro
Old 07-17-13, 07:18 AM
MrFRJ
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks , glad you came out ok , .. might feel the pain later

Quick Reply: Well, it was fun while it lasted....